• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Names

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
What are some of your favorite names for a person? It could be a name you'd think would sound cool on yourself, or one you'd like on someone else (a future child or a pet or even a Pokemon. Anything goes!)

My favorite name in the history of everything ever is Duncan. I just love that name. I started liking that name when I was 9 or 10, because there was a character in The Series of Unfortunate Events with that name (Duncan Quagmire from the Austere Academy). At that age I thought it was the weirdest name ever. It's not a particularly common one.

I made it my life goal to meet somebody named Duncan. And eventually I did, six years later. I met a guy named Duncan at my school, and now he's one of my best friends.

Every time I see someone named Duncan I melt a little inside. I don't know too many Duncans but the ones I do know have ranked consistently high on my "Like List". I literally first started watching the Youtuber DuncanKneeDeep solely because his name was Duncan. I didn't know or care what his channel was about at the time, I just saw the word "Duncan" and was like "I'M WATCHING THIS NOW! ♥" (Came for the name, stayed for the content).

So what are your favorites?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
My favorite male name is probably Draco. There's something about that name that attracts me. It's cool. And I can associate the name Draco with dragons. Such a cool name. I would've also put my name as second place, but it's pronounced differently from how you'd normally pronounce "Angelo".

My favorite female name... Probably Stephanie. It just sounds like the cutest name ever.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I like the name Dominic and I like the name Audrey.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like the usernames I've had as names, actually. Sydian, Alli (or Allison), Jak, Ludger. I like those as names. There's a reason I prefer to go by any of those as opposed to my real name, after all.

Years
I like a good name that's not spelled strangely, too overtly Christian, or too common.

Arthur, Bailey, Blair, Bonnie, Darcy, Emery, Galen, Germaine, Jasper, Jude, Olivia, Penelope, Roland, Sophie, Ursula, Valentine, Victoria, Zoe.

Nothing like Aydyn or Kaylleey.

Years
I've always gravitated towards the uncommon, beautiful sounding ones; especially those in Final Fantasy games. The probability of my future kid named after a character would probably be 99.9%, though male names are more difficult for me to hand pick...

Boys: Zidane, Winston
Girls: Raine, Esther, Alexandria, Lethe, Edea

Hm, either those are going to be first and middle names or I am going to be having a truck load of kids.

Years
I loved the name Naomi so much as a kid. Forgot what character made me love it, used to play an old game with a friend like 12 years ago that had it and it clicked right away. Nora's my current favorite name though and I always name my characters that in phone apps I play nowadays ha.

I do love my own name a lot though. Janna just looks and sounds pretty plus it's unique where I come from. Bit more common in Russia where I was born but in the US it's very hard to come by others with my name. I've seen a few on PC which was a huge shock!

idk about guys. Lucifer looks awesome but naming my kid that isn't a good idea for obvious reasons. =p

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 26, 2023
Oh geez, I love looking for pretty names. I literally made an account on one of those baby name sites even though my husband and I are no where near ready for a child.

Girls:

Elena (Ellie as a nickname)
Imara
Charlotte (Charlie as a nickname)
Brielle
Aria
Madeline
Nyx (Greek goddess of the night)
Lorelai

Boys:

Emmett
Atlas
Rory
Jasper
Ronan
Everett
Caspian
Oliver
Harlow

I also really love color names like Violet, Azure, Jade, Sienna, etc. So pretty ♡

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Logan is probably my favorite guy name, which is why my discord name is LCatnip (Logan Catnip)
For girls, I have no idea

Years
Boy:
Daniel

Ayyyy

I really like the names Eve, Grace and Felicity for girls names among others. I have more trouble with male names though because they just never carry that sort of pleasing sound somehow haha. That said I'm fond of Isaac, Alex and Samuel.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
tyler, alexander, and carson are really nice imo.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
i am gonna name one of my future sons
Zuko
so that is one
as a kid i always liked sam but not anymore so much
now i like Sergio kinda i think​

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
Any name that starts with a "K" and isn't Kyle. I'm not really a fan of my own name x.x

Nothing like Aydyn or Kaylleey.

But then you can make jokes like
"Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyydyn" or "Kayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyylleeeyyyyyyyy"

I'll show myself out )x

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Girl names: Sophie and Amy. I dunno why but I've always kinda liked those two names. I also kinda like Brenda and Lexie too.

Boy names: Brendon. Ever since I made that my name on my very first playthrough of a pokemon game, that one's kinda just stuck with me(to the point where it's the name I use for almost every run I do through a pokemon game).

Back