• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
well, its good that you managed to redo everything.

might i suggest backing it up every week or so on an external hard drive? might help int he future

GAK

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
nice. bigger maps, bigger action. omg i cant damn wait

Zamith

The well-known trainer (not)
Years
Well... i might be overreacting a little... but you know that .. it's people like you who really inspires me? HAHA. I've just started to learn about programming... and the reason i started was actually for being able to try knew things. Obviously, my projects are still limited... so it's good to see people with bigger and bolder projects so it reminds me why i shouldn't give up this time. (you know, will power is not my most remarkable characteristic).

Anyway... the game looks great. Seriously. (well, maybe you've got that with all my cumpliments last paragraph.) Very creative and daring.... although i still have to go through some explanations to fully understand that.

I'll be back when I have something more useful to say.

Years
Hey Neo-Dragon, I was just looking at the screenshots and explanations for your new battle system and I noticed you had HP, Attack, Defense and Speed but what about Special Attack and Special Defense? About half the attacks in Pokemon are based on Special Attack and Special Defense (Special Defense for defensive purposes) (Flamethrower and Water Gun for example are Special Attacks).
Unless you already have something different planned for those two attributes, but you never know, your always full of surprises (like your wonderful mapping abilities that I wish I had).

Edit: although your mapping skills aren't a surprise, just a skill.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
Dude I don't think I have to tell you how amazing this game looks...But I must, this game looks amazing! Great job man!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Small Update: Final Look of the Trainer Class's Battle System

BattleSystem_trainer_finalLook.png

This is a bit of a random screenshot, but I wanted just to show you the final look to the Trainer Class's Battle system.
It has the same layout and style of before, but with visual tweaks and effects. Most of visual stuff is like the transition between the different commands and attack window or bag window. You would need to play the game to see them. I'll most likely capture some video footage and up it to my site.
The example used in the screenshot is that during which ever Pokemon's turn, the HP bar of the attacking Pokemon will highlight red, and the defending Pokemon will have a transparent effect. It is set around the 40% transparency mark.
So in that screenshot, it is my turn.
You will also notice that the HP bar stays normal. It's not a mistake. It's a design choice. It's just to keep the focus of the player. A way to keep the player aware of the remaining HP of the enemy Pokemon.

I might have something else to show off sometime soon. So keep checking. I'll at least post another random screenshot lol. Please comment.

- - - - - -
Questions to answer since my last update
@Destined:
In regards to SP. ATK and SP. DEF:
I've been wrestling with what I'm going to do with the whole stat thing since pre-production of the game.
What am I going to do.
I kept asking myself.
My goal with this game is to have something which can be played and enjoyed by anyone at any age for small bursts, or a long play-through.
I want everything in this game to appear accessible to new comers (little things like have the Boosters for battles of the Trainer Class just one click away - rather then going through the bag screen, the Star Ranking for Pokemon, Boosters and even Trainers[sub bracket- have I talked about Trainers have Star Rankings before? I hope not, I have some neat ideas, but nothing coded lol] ), but have deep gameplay for people who want to spend some time (like having a class, getting a job- all the different stats, the different story lines depending on the Class- all that).
Pokemon Stats in the official games have always been something for the long time players to invest time in working on. I'm well aware of that. But with the ability to spend skill points and edit stats on the fly in this game is something that would just make it hard for the short burst play through as the Stat Altering screen would like packed. If people want the stats broken up, let me know. It's just going to be a more confusing Stat Altering screen lol, but as I said above, now is the time when I can add it in with ease (coding terms).

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Sorry i havnt dont that sprite yet :[
i just got done with like... the stomach flu.
so bleh.
just got a laptop, so ill be able to work like, way more often :]

monarc

Cute! A Pokemon Adventure
Years
wow, i gotta say, first up, i like your game a lo, haha ^^'

and now to not sound like a totally spammish noob, I really can't wait til' you announce the Ranger class ^__^ the trainer sounds like you have put HEAPS of work into it >.> i'd love to see what you have done on the others (or will do ;P)

anyway... good luck ^__^ i wishi could help : / but there you go...

GAK

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
nice. though can u remind me what those numbers on the top left are?

Atomic Reactor

thats for gambling. you can gamble points to get a boost in an attack. you have to hit those numbers within a certain amount of time otherwise it wont work.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Nope they are not for that man.
They are boosters (to increase different stats for one battle) which have a Star Ranking. "1" being a 1 Star Rank, and a 1 Star Ranked Pokemon will take well to it. It goes up to "4" Stars for all of the Star Ranking system- that includes Trainer, Pokemon, and everything else the system is used for. It will be increased in updates.
Boosters are at the side of the battle for easy access, rather then having to go into the bag menu. You can just click on them during your turn to use them on your active Pokemon.
Because it uses the Star Ranking system, try giving a 4 Star Booster to a 1 Star ranked Pokemon and it will have an adverse effect on him/her.

The "Skill Point" system is used for gambles. These numbers appear in the main window pane of the battle system when on the Attack/"Fight" menu.

If that sounds confusing, it's because it kinda is. It is eased onto the player in the game though at the start, and is deep for messing around with. I will have guides up when the game is being released.

Edit:
Did I miss any questions, I don't think so.
Ask away here if you have any more on any of the systems. Try not to ask much about the story since ALL of it is pen and paper stuff. Nothing is coded in terms of story just yet. I want to link all these systems up and finish them before the storyline is coded.

GAK

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
ok thanks for the answer. and wow, this system should've taken a hell lot of coding...

goldenpalkia

Pokemon Excel:HTU Spriter
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2010
Hi there again everyone in a million years so hows it going neo dragon on pokemon Protectors?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Screenshot Fix lol
Hey guys. How are you all?

I had to clean up my hosting during the week and I totally forgot that I deleted all the files, that included most, if not all of the screenshots I have posted in the past.
So to make up for it.
Here are some screen shot re-takes.
Most of them you have seen before, but because I'm always changing things, you may notice differences if you have a keen eye and a good memory of the old screenshots.
Off the top of my head, you can see the battle system is looking a bit better, with a lot of the graphic effects in, well, in effect. You'll also notice the PokeCyber is now part of the Trainer Class's main menu.
Well enjoy the eye candy.

CaladanState.png

Trainers_menu_and_bag.png

Battleshot1_wBoosters.png

Trainerdistrict1.png

All screenshots were taken from gameplay as the Trainer Class. The overworld screenshots were taken in the Trainers' District of the Caladan State (which it that red rectangle up north/west of the map). The menu, bag, and battle system are systems exclusive to the Trainer Class.

Tell me what you think. Leave a comment.

P.S. Just a side note, I'll be writing a guide on how the Classes and each of their systems work. There is 3 classes, The Trainers, The Rangers, and the Civil Service, but only the Trainer Class has been talked about. So the first guide will be on them.

Oh and I know since the screenshots were deleted that it messed up the first post, so I'll fix it soon okay? :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Looks awesome.
I love the gambling system.

So if the gamble doesn't work, will the pokemons attack miss entirely?

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Neo,will you post a video of all the mouse support features?

and can you PM me about some info of using
the Hero Database to store Pokemon caus i've
started using it for my game because if I use it
i can make a nicknsming system and make it
easiar for me to do stuff,but I know you'll
only be able to catch 1 of each pokemon
but I know how to get over that.

No need now im using variables

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back