• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
The Wing items are like the vitamins; they add 10 EVs to a certain stat. I can't recall which stat was affected by the Pretty Wing, though.

EDIT: Sorry, they only add one EV, but unlike vitamins, you can use them all the way up to when your Pokemon has 255 EVs in that particular stat.

DOUBLE EDIT: Checked my facts, damn it. Pretty Wing can only be sold after all. I just assumed it went along with the others, but . . . no. :(

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
No it has no function, it is absolutely worthless even if you sell them you will only get 100 pokedollars in return.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh no, Game Sync brings your own Pokemon back. Entralink is just another C-Gear option in...either IR or Wireless, I honestly can't remember which xD; That will get you Pokemon that you've befriended in the Dream World, by going into the forest there, and it houses a person that will give you your items when you get back if you sent any back with you. Entralink is the same option you use when you want to visit another person's world.

Just confirming that it's wireless, not IR. :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I was playing Dream World using an English Black version. This popped up after I clickied on the sparkles. Can someone translate the message in this screencap?

Spoiler:

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
@Twilight: It says there's some sort of data error. Maybe your wifi disconnected for a moment?

@justin: You can have multiple eggs in your party, but they won't hatch on the same step. If two are set to go off at once, the game will hatch the first one in your party, and ignore the second. One step later it will recalculate, and hatch the second. I've hatched five eggs in five steps, though.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2011
okay so ive been seeing full teams of pokemon that all have their DW traits, how is this possible already. There is no way that all these people did this legit, or is there another way to make your pokemon get the DW abilities?

Years
Is it possible to get a male pokemon from breeding a female pokemon with a Ditto? For example: if I breed a female Nidoran with Ditto, is it possible to get a male Nidoran?

And how long does it usually take for the 2 Pokémon to get busy and make an egg?

Last edited:

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
Years
Is it possible to get a male pokemon from breeding a female pokemon with a Ditto? For example: if I breed a female Nidoran with Ditto, is it possible to get a male Nidoran?

And how long does it usually take for the 2 Pokémon to get busy and make an egg?

For the Nidorino question, I think it won't work.

For the other question, it depends. Here's how to get an egg:
1.A female and a male or ditto and a genderless.
2.The mom can produce an egg. (Not legendary,etc.)
3.Both are in the same egg group. Click here for more info.

If the two aren't in the same egg group, they won't or will slowly produce an egg. For example, if you put two Emboars, one female, on male, you'll get an egg. But if you put an Emboar with a Pidove, no egg will be produced.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
For the Nidorino question, I think it won't work.

For the other question, it depends. Here's how to get an egg:
1.A female and a male or ditto and a genderless.
2.The mom can produce an egg. (Not legendary,etc.)
3.Both are in the same egg group. Click here for more info.

If the two aren't in the same egg group, they won't or will slowly produce an egg. For example, if you put two Emboars, one female, on male, you'll get an egg. But if you put an Emboar with a Pidove, no egg will be produced.

Don't listen to him, it will work. Bulpapedia specifically takes note of the fact that if you breed a female Nidoran with a Ditto, either gender can be born. However, if you breed a male Nidoran with a Ditto, only males will be hatched.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
okay so ive been seeing full teams of pokemon that all have their DW traits, how is this possible already. There is no way that all these people did this legit, or is there another way to make your pokemon get the DW abilities?

It's quite possible that their team is legit. There is no other way other than getting them from the dream world or perhaps trading for them.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
Was just wondering, thought it may be quite silly for me to ask seeing as ive played most of the other pokemon games...But after you beat the E4 the second time, you can still challenge them as much as you want to right? Just checking ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back