• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Cintrine

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
Years
(Switching the theme into "The Johto Elite" is optional)
Pokemon Cintrine
Creator:Poke_a_Dialga!
Based on the new comic of Pokemon Cintrine...
Info
Language: English
Hack of RUBY
Storyline
Every child's dream is the same... Even yours... or maybe not? Chapter one...
  • At the age of thirteen, you went out for a walk as usual in the mornings. But one day it was different. An invisible energy made you jumped into the grass, unawaring the dangers in that very patch of grass... Of course, a Pokemon 'popped' out of the grass and began to attack. But, before even reaching you, your rival suddenly pushed you aside and battled the wild Pokemon. What amazed you the most was that your rival himself had a Pokemon of his own. Your curiosity made you step into the world of Pokemon, an adventure like no other...
Chapter two...
  • coming soon...
Geography view of the Region
Pokemon Cintrine starts in the region Munder, where most of the forest are untouched by human activities. Mainly green, this region is packed with thousands and thousands of tree, even some from the other regions. Most land surfaces are above sea level. From hills to mountains, Munder is defeinitely a hiker's choice for hiking.
Features
  • New region...
  • New Pokemon...
  • New style of tiles with a new feeling...
  • Sidequests ready to be discovered...
  • Classic RPG feeling...
  • New transportations...
and more...
Screenshots
pokemoncintrine06.png
pokemoncintrine04.png
pokemoncintrine02.png
pokemoncintrine00.png
pokemon%20cintrine_04.png
pokemoncintrine01.png
pokemoncintrine03.png
Team
Me - Scripting, mapping, spriting, tile inserting​
Videos
Credits
Wah! - Tree tiles​
Kyeledove - Tiles Wesley FG - Tiles Alistair - Tiles Zein - Tiles
Bugs and Glitches
Animations. When you lose a battle, you might be warped straight to Promandu Town :\
Progress
Preview:
tick7988859137iaza.png
Spoiler:
Demo: 96% (Approx. 55 minutes)​
Spoiler:
Banners
Banner and art by: Me
Downloads
pokemon cintrine preview.ips (22,5 kB)
Poll
Which pallete would you vote for? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6228124&postcount=53
  1. ||
  2. ||
  3. |
  4. |
  5. |
  6. |
(2x | stands for 1)​

Last edited:

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Something disturbs me about the tiles and palletes, yet I like them at the same time :\ The screenshots seem to be focuses on one particular script and the same place, so I can't judge it fully now, until I play it xD The scripting looks neat and nicely made, and grammar looks okay. Though the storyline needs more work. Good luck on this! xD

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Holy... Last time I saw this, it had my PC tiles, if I recall. Now I see this, the more I think SWEET!

I agree about the pallettes, they are off, but it kinda fits. Only real tile issue is the mushroom - the border is too dark. I've seen hacks that use 2 types of big trees in many places, but this has 3 (not including the secret base tree), so... I like this so much... But, seeing as it is just you working on it, do not rush, but also do not overdo it, as you may break down.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
The length of the preview was pretty disappointing... I think you should have added at least the first route to it. All you have to do is explore the first town, which isn't very interesting, considering that I couldn't even enter the lab. But, what I did see was pretty good, I like the choice of tiles and palletes, and the features (like the log) are real good, I like them. :3 Not the most creative story, but I like the game.

I'd suggest that you really shouldn't rush the releases so much, I barely had time to start the game before it ended. D: I also didn't really the it how you haven't removed the truck, It's pretty easy to remove. The beta length and the truck were most disappointing for me.

But, the features and nice tiles are great, I wish you good luck on Cintrine, it looks a lot better than it was before. :3http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/fcd0ac1e51.jpg

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
ur story doesnt make sense, he wont let you go. unless u get all the badges. WTF?

I agree, it is worded strange, but if you think about it, he probably made the child swear to beat the league, then allowed him out. If the child didn't, he wouldn't go.

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
Something disturbs me about the tiles and palletes, yet I like them at the same time :\ The screenshots seem to be focuses on one particular script and the same place, so I can't judge it fully now, until I play it xD The scripting looks neat and nicely made, and grammar looks okay. Though the storyline needs more work. Good luck on this! xD
Erm.... I'm using my comic as my story but I can't possibly write everything in here (it'll have LOTS OF WORDS :shocked:) But I'll try dealing with it soon k?
Anyways thx ;)
Holy... Last time I saw this, it had my PC tiles, if I recall. Now I see this, the more I think SWEET!

I agree about the pallettes, they are off, but it kinda fits. Only real tile issue is the mushroom - the border is too dark. I've seen hacks that use 2 types of big trees in many places, but this has 3 (not including the secret base tree), so... I like this so much... But, seeing as it is just you working on it, do not rush, but also do not overdo it, as you may break down.
Haha I did gave you credit didn't I? (punch me if didn't)
I've actually worked on this weeks ago just that I'm too lazy to put up a thread this early XD (most of the time I was actually lazing off XD)
Thx anyways~
The length of the preview was pretty disappointing... I think you should have added at least the first route to it. All you have to do is explore the first town, which isn't very interesting, considering that I couldn't even enter the lab. But, what I did see was pretty good, I like the choice of tiles and palletes, and the features (like the log) are real good, I like them. :3 Not the most creative story, but I like the game.

I'd suggest that you really shouldn't rush the releases so much, I barely had time to start the game before it ended. D: I also didn't really the it how you haven't removed the truck, It's pretty easy to remove. The beta length and the truck were most disappointing for me.

But, the features and nice tiles are great, I wish you good luck on Cintrine, it looks a lot better than it was before. :3
Hehe sorry if u didn't enjoy it but this is only a preview :P
As I've stated, I forgot/was too lazy to remove the truck XD
I'll try making it as enjoyable as possible!

ur story doesnt make sense, he wont let you go. unless u get all the badges. WTF?

I agree, it is worded strange, but if you think about it, he probably made the child swear to beat the league, then allowed him out. If the child didn't, he wouldn't go.
hehe.... I agree with u all about the story....
I'll deal with it later.... ;)

Hmp! I'll start to work as soon as I've lots of free time! Basicly I'm gonna script the starter Pokemon part soon , so stay tuned! :)

Years
I remember playing this before, actually.
I'll be totally honest, I hated it. Wild grass EVERYWHERE, Pokemon couldn't evolve, and the story was pretty unclear. The palettes were also a bit odd.
You seemed to have improved on this, thankfully. At least now you've a clean slate to start from (just be sure to make backups should you encounter any more crazy glitches :D).
Now, my actual critique. I haven't played the preview, I'll wait for a longer version- I agree with everyone that the story could be rephrased. Perhaps make it so you sneak away from home to get all the badges in order to prove to your father that you were ready to leave home?
And the palettes are still a bit... Odd. I think if you insert a new tree like that, you should avoid using the other trees. Or, you could insert a second tree more similar in style to the first. I also think you should insert some new building tiles, eventually. Other than that... This does seem to be more.. 'on-track' than the previous version. Good luck with it, and I hope you continue. If nothing else, you had good determination with your last version, so I expect you to progress with this quite well :)

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
I remember playing this before, actually.
I'll be totally honest, I hated it. Wild grass EVERYWHERE, Pokemon couldn't evolve, and the story was pretty unclear. The palettes were also a bit odd.
You seemed to have improved on this, thankfully. At least now you've a clean slate to start from (just be sure to make backups should you encounter any more crazy glitches :D).
Now, my actual critique. I haven't played the preview, I'll wait for a longer version- I agree with everyone that the story could be rephrased. Perhaps make it so you sneak away from home to get all the badges in order to prove to your father that you were ready to leave home?
And the palettes are still a bit... Odd. I think if you insert a new tree like that, you should avoid using the other trees. Or, you could insert a second tree more similar in style to the first. I also think you should insert some new building tiles, eventually. Other than that... This does seem to be more.. 'on-track' than the previous version. Good luck with it, and I hope you continue. If nothing else, you had good determination with your last version, so I expect you to progress with this quite well :)
;-; touching story/comment
Haha... Yeah.. The previous one was my first hack (I had no idea why can't the pokemons evolve @_@). It was based on my stickman comic which was drawn since 2007. But now, this new version is based on my new comic. This comic was so far the best comic I've drawn. It's drawn in manga style and now I'm on the fifth episode (4 gyms in total) Don't ask me things like "WHAT?! 4 gyms IN 5 EPISODES?!" Basicly, the GYMs where no events are held are skipped, meaning that for example: First gym you'll meet your rival but in the second gym you meet nobody. So, the first gym will have the whole battle drawn while the 2nd gym will have part of the battle drawn. So, in the hack, I'll add a sidequest to fill the gap. I'll try inserting some RSE style buildings later. (I said I wanted it to have the classic RSE feelings so :))

Anyways, I did nothing but made this Trailer. Hope u enjoy~

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
Updates

I've finished mapping 2 thirds of Route 251. Below are 2 of the map's snapshot:
pokemoncintrine02.png
pokemoncintrine01.png

Oh yes, I haven't started to script this map yet :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Looks nice, but what's that at the bottom of the first screen? Oh, and I don't think you should use the Secret Base tree, you've already got 3 trees. :3

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
Looks nice, but what's that at the bottom of the first screen? Oh, and I don't think you should use the Secret Base tree, you've already got 3 trees. :3
Find it out on the next release perhaps? :badsmile:
Anyways, I changed the secret base tree~

Updates

Got the feeling to map more stuff:
Route 252
pokemoncintrine03.png
pokemoncintrine01.png

Quick question: Would u like to have a choice of 3 starters in the hack or a choice of 2?

Last edited:

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
;^; no posts?
Updates

I've changed some palletes. If you want to see 'em, click on the spoiler below.
Warning! Image invaders!:
Spoiler:

Route 270
In order to fully explore this route, HM 01 is needed.
pokemoncintrine14.png
pokemoncintrine15.png
pokemoncintrine17.png
pokemoncintrine18.png

Pistal Town
pokemoncintrine22.png
pokemoncintrine19.png

pokemoncintrine20.png

Another Update

I've changed most of the tree tiles to give it a more tropical rainforest feeling. Currently looks like this:
pokemoncintrine01.png

Last edited:

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
What the... triple post!
Updates

Route 253
The first glance of munder's rainforest's enviroment.
(Also a few minor pallete changes)
pokemoncintrine01.png
pokemoncintrine02.png

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
I can see that you like trees huh? In my opinion,
the colors of the trees look dull or maybe it's just my eyes..

I don't like the grass... It feels weird.. And another thing is
the houses, you can add custom houses if you like.

Two thumbs up for quick Updates! (b' ')b
Good Luck! I'll wait for the next update ayt? :)

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
Do you want me to design pokemon/trainers/anything else? I can draw 'em, so the spriters get a idea of what they look like, but I can't sprite 'em or shade 'em.

Anyway, my view of the hack.
The mushrooms.
The mushrooms look too thin,and the outline looks too black.Maybe it looks too black cos it's on a red background.
The trees
One tree had a square shadow.The tree was in route 252.
Treasure Hunter House
Does sharding for stones make sense? You had sharding for stones in the Treasure Hunter House picture.

About the starters: if you make two,make their types do the same thing to each other,eg: Normal and Ghost are immune to each other.
If you choose three,make a type triangle but don't make it Fire/Water/Grass in order to make the hack interesting.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
In response to your palette editing, it looks much better now, the trees looked out of place, with the grass, because it looked so similar.

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
I can see that you like trees huh? In my opinion,
the colors of the trees look dull or maybe it's just my eyes..

I don't like the grass... It feels weird.. And another thing is
the houses, you can add custom houses if you like.

Two thumbs up for quick Updates! (b' ')b
Good Luck! I'll wait for the next update ayt? :)
Yes, I love rainforests :3
Well, I'll deal with the houses later... way later :)
I'm on holidays (but on Friday, school starts, next week, tests!!)
Do you want me to design pokemon/trainers/anything else? I can draw 'em, so the spriters get a idea of what they look like, but I can't sprite 'em or shade 'em.

Anyway, my view of the hack.
The mushrooms.
The mushrooms look too thin,and the outline looks too black.Maybe it looks too black cos it's on a red background.
The trees
One tree had a square shadow.The tree was in route 252.
Treasure Hunter House
Does sharding for stones make sense? You had sharding for stones in the Treasure Hunter House picture.

About the starters: if you make two,make their types do the same thing to each other,eg: Normal and Ghost are immune to each other.
If you choose three,make a type triangle but don't make it Fire/Water/Grass in order to make the hack interesting.
Mushrooms:I might change it soon or later :)
Trees: That one was changed already... check the new screens.
Treasure Hunter's House: Shards for Stones is fine :\

Well I tried to ask all of you on whether you want a choice of 3 or a choice of 2, I got no respojnse -_-'l"
I'm not in need of spriters but if u're glad to help, I need some work proofs. All sprites must be in the 16 color limit.
In response to your palette editing, it looks much better now, the trees looked out of place, with the grass, because it looked so similar.
I'll change that :P

Back