• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
Anyone can make a list using the Pokémon already mentioned in more reliable rumors...so there's no added credibility in my eyes...
You're right, I think I used the wrong word. I think I meant that it just makes some people believe the rumor more if it mentions something from another rumor, that has already predicted other things that have become right. For example, if Meowstick, and Espurr turn out to be real, people will start to not only think that the guy who knew about Pangoro and Malimar, and all that, is legitimate, but this leaker is aswell. Forgive me if I make no sense, but this is how I view it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
You're right, I think I used the wrong word. I think I meant that it just makes some people believe the rumor more if it mentions something from another rumor, that has already predicted other things that have become right. For example, if Meowstick, and Espurr turn out to be real, people will start to not only think that the guy who knew about Pangoro and Malimar, and all that, is legitimate, but this leaker is aswell. Forgive me if I make no sense, but this is how I view it.

No it totally makes sense...and is kind of trolly to make ones list look real like that...

Yeah the lack of names raises suspicion. Why all these details but no names?

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm not sure if this has come up as speculation before, I couldn't find it though, so I'm going to put it up!

Now, in the past, whenever additional Eeveelutions have been released, it has been in twos. One always having an advantage over the other, Glaceon and Leafeon, Umbreon and Espeon. So, with this in mind, does this mean we are in store for a second Eeveelution, along with Sylveon, in Generation VI?

Since all we know about the Fairy type at the moment is its 2x effectiveness against Dragon, this means a Dragon type Eeeveelution may even be a possibility, but that does seem unlikely to me. When Fairy's other type effectiveness's are revealed, another type may seem more likely, possibly Ghost?
It's not a bad assumption, however, as GameFreak has proven before they don't work by pattern. Unlike their anime counterpart, it's hard to predict what GameFreak plans to do. One would assume that should there be two Eeveelutions this generation, it would have been shown the same time as Sylveon. With all the time that has gone by, I highly doubt we can expect to see a second new Eeveelution. If anything, Sylveon's main purpose is to play the part of the mascot to the introduction of the new Fairy type much like Umbreon was to the introduction of Dark types back in Gen II.

As far as the list goes, I say it's false until otherwise proven. There aren't some bad ideas on there though.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
No it totally makes sense...and is kind of trolly to make ones list look real like that...

Yeah the lack of names raises suspicion. Why all these details but no names?

That's one of the many reasons why I think it is fake. If he has all this information, why doesn't he know the names?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It's not a bad assumption, however, as GameFreak has proven before they don't work by pattern. Unlike their anime counterpart, it's hard to predict what GameFreak plans to do. One would assume that should there be two Eeveelutions this generation, it would have been shown the same time as Sylveon. With all the time that has gone by, I highly doubt we can expect to see a second new Eeveelution. If anything, Sylveon's main purpose is to play the part of the mascot to the introduction of the new Fairy type much like Umbreon was to the introduction of Dark types back in Gen II.

As far as the list goes, I say it's false until otherwise proven. There aren't some bad ideas on there though.

They say they don't follow patterns, but in most cases they do. They may just not be aware of it. It is still possible to have a new Eeveelution.

Guy

just a guy
Years
They say they don't follow patterns, but in most cases they do. They may just not be aware of it. It is still possible to have a new Eeveelution.
While in some cases it has appeared as though GameFreak has followed a pattern, they've also shown to break said patterns. The most recent example being, many expected a Ruby/Sapphire remake after Black and White as well as a Grey Version, but we were all surprised when they released sequels instead. I'm not saying a second new Eeveelution isn't possible, I'm just saying that I'm doubtful. Besides, have there been any rumors of a second Eeveelution for this generation? We've seen numerous lists of the region PokéDex, but I don't recall ever seeing a second new Eeveelution to pair with Sylveon.

Years
While in some cases it has appeared as though GameFreak has followed a pattern, they've also shown to break said patterns. The most recent example being, many expected a Ruby/Sapphire remake after Black and White as well as a Grey Version, but we were all surprised when they released sequels instead. I'm not saying a second new Eeveelution isn't possible, I'm just saying that I'm doubtful. Besides, have there been any rumors of a second Eeveelution for this generation? We've seen numerous lists of the region PokéDex, but I don't recall ever seeing a second new Eeveelution to pair with Sylveon.

I basically agree with Shivi here, Game Freak often tends to have some patterns (like each region having a Normal-type rodent available early) they have been known to break patterns too, like what he said that after Black and White came out, most fans were expecting 5th Gen to get a "Grey" version and Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Oh boy were we wrong, when they instead released Black 2 and White 2, and the generation itself ended after those games. And yeah there has been several rumors on the internet that there might be another Eeveelution but I'm probably thinking it'll only just be Sylveon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Just because a pattern exists doesn't mean you follow it. Whether you are aware it exists or not. Patterns are made by coincidences and continued with focus. Gamefreak has shown dedication through out years of development to not following any discovered pattern. There are a lot of patterns that were broken in Gen 6 alone. More if you add all the broken patterns from Gen 5 as well.

Gamefreak don't actively follow any patterns. All patterns found have always been coincidence and nothing more. They only focus on improving their game as best as they can.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
I heard a rumor that there is going to be a Mega Mew. I kinda of hope it is true.

Years
Two instances where eeveelutions were introduced is hardly enough to declare that there is even a pattern. There are only 5 generations, it's pretty difficult to find any substantial patterns when we only look into two instances. Some patterns, like an electric rodent, grass/fire/water starters or normal flying line are usually consistent. Though other 'patterns' are merely coincidences.

The worst examples I have been seeing is, only even generations introduce pokemon to related lines. It's like, no. Aside from the fact that third generation had Wynaut and Azurill and the trend doesn't actually exist, the reason why gen 5 didn't include new pokemon for existing evolutionary lines was that the generation was a franchise re-boot, not because it is an odd number generation. Every generation has its own needs. Some need new types, some just need new type combinations, some need many new pokemon, some need a moderate amount of new pokemon, some need many or just a few new battle mechanics, ect.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wonder if Kalos will have any more evolutions...two generations and only one evolution of an older generation Pokémon seems too little...especially considering that Pokémon already has many more branch evolutions...If gen V is like Gen 3 in terms of relations then I hope Gen VII is like Gen IV.

Years
Two instances where eeveelutions were introduced is hardly enough to declare that there is even a pattern. There are only 5 generations, it's pretty difficult to find any substantial patterns when we only look into two instances. Some patterns, like an electric rodent, grass/fire/water starters or normal flying line are usually consistent. Though other 'patterns' are merely coincidences.

The worst examples I have been seeing is, only even generations introduce pokemon to related lines. It's like, no. Aside from the fact that third generation had Wynaut and Azurill and the trend doesn't actually exist, the reason why gen 5 didn't include new pokemon for existing evolutionary lines was that the generation was a franchise re-boot, not because it is an odd number generation. Every generation has its own needs. Some need new types, some just need new type combinations, some need many new pokemon, some need a moderate amount of new pokemon, some need many or just a few new battle mechanics, ect.

Given the only Kalos Pokemon related to an older Pokemon so far is Sylveon, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Hoenn here, where the majority of new additions are Pokemon native to Kalos, with a tiny bit of evos/pre-evos of older Pokemon thrown in. No surprise if Sylveon ends up the only new Pokemon related to a past-gen Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I'm worried that there won't be any other actual past gen evolutions since we now have Mega Evolutions to compensate. Also I don't think there will be another Eveelution this gen since Sylveon alone has gotten so much attention being the representative of Fairy type.

Years
I'm worried that there won't be any other actual past gen evolutions since we now have Mega Evolutions to compensate. Also I don't think there will be another Eveelution this gen since Sylveon alone has gotten so much attention being the representative of Fairy type.

I guess you may be right, with all these Mega Evolutions it seems like we may not get a lot of Kalos Pokemon related to evolution lines of older Pokemon, bar Sylveon. Sylveon's main purpose right now is as a marketing mascot for the Fairy-type.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Even if they don't get an actual evolution, I'm still happy that some of the old Pokémon are getting a chance to shine with MegaEvolution. And maybe they do have a second Eeveelution, and they're just keeping it away from us for a special surprise? As for Mega Mew, I'd absolutely love to see that. o: Mew's a great Pokémon when it comes to battling, so a Mega Mew could be even better!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I hope that more obscure Pokémon other than Mawile get Megaevolutions.

I was hoping that as well. Pokemon like Mawile, Manectric, Swalot need MegaEvolutions and no real evolutions, and Pokemon like Lucario and Mew are already strong as hell and don't need a MegaEvolution. GF will probably give the fan favorites an update, as Torchic and Lucario have always been popular.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 17, 2019
I'll like to see some Pokemon based on vehicles this generation if we are to get any (more) based on inanimate objects.

I'd love to see one that is ghost/poison or ghost/steel. If there is going to be stuff like this then I prefer them being ghosts, it makes more sense, and people seem to question it a lot less.
If it was ghost/poison, it could be leaking gas, and letting out the poisonous gases where there should be it's engine. The headlights could work as eyes.

Back