• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2021
Is there a trainer editer for Pokemon Red and Pokemon Gold? Because I want to make a Pokemon hack.
My question is kind of the same. I changed the main hero of Pokemon Red into Silver (The rival in Gold/Silver) However, I'd like to change the trainer picture itself in Pokemon Red to reflect him. It can be the exact look from Pokemon Gold. How can I copy it over without doing anything too complicated. I have a hex editor and if I knew what to find in Pokemon Gold and what to replace in Pokemon Red, I think I'd be okay.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
I'm hacking Pokemon Blue cause my FR rom got deleted and the site I get roms from is down, so I need a program to edit Blue. Pokemap wont work on my computer (I've got vista)
If anyone has another program I'll be grateful.

Oh, I also need a Scripting program (also for Blue) and a text editor (again for Blue)

Btw, how many tools are out for Blue?

Thanks in advance

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I'll just try replacing another Pokemon, then.

4.png

How do you change this:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
Hope this is a valid question.

Is there any way to have another character follow you throughout a map? Through scripting, or hex editing, perhaps?

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015

4.png

How do you change this:
by deleting this level script and adding a new one... A.map search the offset for the level script bank automatically

Is there any way to have another character follow you throughout a map? Through scripting, or hex editing, perhaps?
uhm... pheraps by resizing pg's overworld and adding the person you want to follow you behind pg...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2011
How do you play hacked games on an emulator?I keep trying and mine refuses t owork. I've been using visual boy advance. It's driving me nuts.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Is there a trainer editer for Pokemon Red and Pokemon Gold? Because I want to make a Pokemon hack.
I don't know of any trainer editing programs available for those games. However, they can be modified with a hex editor—see this trainer editing tutorial.
My question is kind of the same. I changed the main hero of Pokemon Red into Silver (The rival in Gold/Silver) However, I'd like to change the trainer picture itself in Pokemon Red to reflect him. It can be the exact look from Pokemon Gold. How can I copy it over without doing anything too complicated. I have a hex editor and if I knew what to find in Pokemon Gold and what to replace in Pokemon Red, I think I'd be okay.
Gold, Silver, and Crystal use a different compression format for images, so you cannot simply copy bytes from ROM to ROM and get a usable image.

Trainer and Pokémon images can be extracted from Red, Blue, and Yellow ROMs with rbgfx.c, but there is no tool available to compress new images. Pokémon Brown gets around this by using assembly to bypass the decompression routine in the ROM, making it load uncompressed images instead.
I'm hacking Pokemon Blue cause my FR rom got deleted and the site I get roms from is down, so I need a program to edit Blue. Pokemap wont work on my computer (I've got vista)
If anyone has another program I'll be grateful.
Redmap? You can get it from Presea's archive.
Oh, I also need a Scripting program (also for Blue) and a text editor (again for Blue)
No scripting program exists for Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow, because those games do not have a scripting engine. In‐game events must be edited in ASM.

In general, the best option for editing text is to use a table file with a hex editor.
Btw, how many tools are out for Blue?
Not many. You can do quite a lot with a hex editor, but that has a learning curve (although it is far from impossible for beginners).

I would recommend hacking Pokémon Gold instead if you're a novice. It has a similar format to Pokémon Blue, but is organized more cleanly—and yes, it does have more tools available for it.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is there a way to use the behaviour hidden without making the game restart?

There are different options. If you need to hide a person who is far away, then a setflag [PersonID] will work fine. If the person is in the near, then you can still use setflag but you need an hidesprite command too. And eventually a fadescreen.

The only way to do so would be ASM hacking. Scripting wasn't designed to support follow-me-like scripts.

4.png

How do you change this:

Simply by editing the level script. Enable the Professional Header View, then go to the Header Tab, copy the Map Script Offset there and paste it into XSE. Check the Level Script option (the button near the Decompile one in the toolbar) and voilà.

So I'm leading a hack project. No, it doesn't have a thread on PC, but it might eventually, when we have enough done to start advertising.

There are a couple issues I need cleared up early on in the project. Here are my questions...

1. Is it possible to add a new element? If not, is it possible to overwrite the ??? type?

2. Is it possible to add new attacks?

3. Is it possible to edit the graphics used in attack animations?

4. Is it possible to add new abilities with the effects of existing abilities?

5. Is it possible to edit the screwy FRLG Pokedex system so that it reads "Kailou Dex" rather than "Kanto Dex"? For that matter, are there any Pokemon-data-editing programs that can change a Pokemon's assigned habitat?

6. Is it possible to edit the Gengar/Nidorino fight scene in the FRLG intro?

7. Those pictures of Prof. Oak and the rival in Oak's intro - is it possible to edit them? For that matter, is it possible to change the intro beyond the text and Pokemon?

8. What is the cheapest and most plausible way to go about creating Pokemon cries?

9. Where can I get Cyclone?

10. Where can I find a ROM map, or whatever document outlines the location of certain data, for FRLG?

If anyone could answer any of these questions, I would be eternally grateful.

1-7: Yes, everything is possible. But I guess you were more interested about how to do such things, aren't you?
8. Using a sound editor/recorder that can produce 8bit Wave files at 11KHz.
9. Here for example.
10. I doubt anything like that was ever made honestly...

I've got some glitchy images in my pause menu:

14jm4ut.png

[...]

If this is the biggest problem my hack has, I'll be perfectly happy, since this is relatively minor, and I think that any players who are searching for ROM hacks have a pretty good knowledge of what the items in the Start menu do. Still, if it's indicative of a bigger glitch just waiting to kick in, I'd rather know now.

What about a backup? Do you have some of them?
The menu graphics got corrupted, maybe after inserting a tileset?

I've got a glitch in my game, I'm not sure what caused it, but here goes:

It's a script that involves a battle between two team Rocket grunts, after the battle everything looks glitched.

Spoiler:

The things with circles around them shouldn't be there. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? The script goes on though... but the glitched stuff stays there.

Got backups? If not, what about posting the script? Also, is that the only way to get the glitch? Or you've got similar problems other times perhaps? Please provide more details.

I change a pallete in APE, then I check in UnLZ.GBA. The pallete is corrupted. How do I fix those kind of things?

I imported a 16-color pal.

This is how it looks in UnLZ.GBA:
1.png

Well... you should be aware of the fact not all LZ77-compressed palette use 16 colors.
Like that Pineco, for example. In this case you need to find a 16-color palette to edit and repoint the Pineco one to the one you found. Then you edit the colors as usual and you're done.

I'm sorry.
I can't compile a script.
Help me, please.

See my post in the Tools Factory.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
By quoting Sunnybeam, I lead the masses, hurrah!

Is it possible to add a new element? If not, is it possible to overwrite the ??? type?

It is. Quite easily too (at least in FireRed). The problem lies with the Physical/Special split. By default, any new types you add past the ???-type will be Special. Is this hardcoded in ASM guys? Is it possible to adjust it?

Is it possible to add new attacks?

Yes. There's a table of attacks, it's just a case of repointing the table and adding more onto the end. There's a limit of like, 200 extra attacks before it'll cap out.

Is it possible to edit the graphics used in attack animations?

Yes. The problem comes with new attacks. The animations, of course, are programmed via ASM. These is so they're animated (no duh). When a new attack is added, there's no default animation. What happens?

Game go poof!

Now, any pointers to images used in the animations are in the middle of some ASM. Not useful. Can anyone shed some light on this, either to how the pointer system works for attack animations, or straight-up how to set it up so newly-added attacks will use an animation (new or old)?

Is it possible to add new abilities with the effects of existing abilities?

Yes, but abilities are ASM. It's a tedious process; I personally have no clue how the abilities are organised (bar the names). The only thing one can go off on are pointers near the ability name pointers, possibly leading to the ability code.

Where can I find a ROM map, or whatever document outlines the location of certain data, for FRLG?

Hell yes. Someone make one of these, instead of another XSE or mapping tutorial.

bian

Years
can someone please tell me the script in fire red in xse where when the prof gives you the pokedex,
it will be in the national pokedex mode already.

sorry,i'm still a beginner.

pls.answer,tnx..

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
What about a backup? Do you have some of them?
The menu graphics got corrupted, maybe after inserting a tileset?

I haven't inserted any tilesets; I've used the Block Editor in AdvanceMap to add a few tiles in the blank tile spaces in a few of the tilesets, the ones up at the top of the set that aren't used for anything else, but that's it. Is that enough to mess up the menu graphics? I've also been using the Overworld Editor to work on the female hero's overworld.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Ok, I hate my virus scanner, it says Bewilded.exe, spread.exe, Pokecry.exe and Dexter.exe are all viruses. I know Dexter has or had a Trojan virus but have never heard of the other files being 'dirty'. Is it just a false positive?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I haven't inserted any tilesets; I've used the Block Editor in AdvanceMap to add a few tiles in the blank tile spaces in a few of the tilesets, the ones up at the top of the set that aren't used for anything else, but that's it. Is that enough to mess up the menu graphics? I've also been using the Overworld Editor to work on the female hero's overworld.

Well... and your backups?

can someone please tell me the script in fire red in xse where when the prof gives you the pokedex,
it will be in the national pokedex mode already.

sorry,i'm still a beginner.

pls.answer,tnx..

Decompile the prof. script and see where it gives you the Pokédex. Then all you have to do is to make a new script and add the proper commands to enabled the National Dex.

Ok, I hate my virus scanner, it says Bewilded.exe, spread.exe, Pokecry.exe and Dexter.exe are all viruses. I know Dexter has or had a Trojan virus but have never heard of the other files being 'dirty'. Is it just a false positive?

Definitely. If you don't trust those programs you could always download the source code and recompile them by yourself (they're written in VB6, except for PokeCry). I'm pretty sure that your anitivirus would recognize them as malware anyway though.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Definitely. If you don't trust those programs you could always download the source code and recompile them by yourself (they're written in VB6, except for PokeCry). I'm pretty sure that your anitivirus would recognize them as malware anyway though.

Is there anyway to stop them coming up as false positives? (I have Trend Micro Internet Security.)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is there anyway to stop them coming up as false positives? (I have Trend Micro Internet Security.)

Eventually, yes. But there isn't a standard procedure or something. If you like, we could try together.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
pikachueditlk3.png

Does anyone have the offset for the Pikachu for Tile Molester? I tried to find it but could not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back