• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I was rewatching the kanto series and I noticed something.

The safari zone in the anime wasn't only used for the safari game, but it was also a path from one city to another. is this true? or am I just not looking at it right. SInce there was a banned episode there which creates uncertainty here and there. What are ur views?
Pretty sure the Safari Zone encompassed the catching area and a pokemon preserve as seen in "The Kangaskhan Kid". And they aren't banned everywhere, so they can still be viewed if you can find them by searches. As for my view it doesn't matter since Anime already ignores a lot of game aspects/mechanics.

How many episodes of B/W have been aired currently? I'm trying to catch up.
Right now 63 have been aired. BW023 and BW024 is still indefinitely waiting to be aired. 45 Episodes have aired in Dub.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
BTW, Hasn't it been like 2 weeks and no new Dubbed Episode yet? What's up with that?
It's just another Haitus, many are expecting a new season due to an interview with John Loeffler. I think he said the next opening was called "Rival Destinies" or something along those lines. I don't think it'll be off for too long now.

Right now 63 have been aired. BW023 and BW024 is still indefinitely waiting to be aired. 45 Episodes have aired in Dub.
Actually 47 episodes have aired in the dub so far, that number doesn't include the TR vs TP, and Brock and Dawn specials.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years

It's just another Haitus, many are expecting a new season due to an interview with John Loeffler. I think he said the next opening was called "Rival Destinies" or something along those lines. I don't think it'll be off for too long now.

What about the Japanese episodes? I never heard they got a second season while they actually crossed 47 episodes...I know episodes in Japan may air differently and such but also, I don't believe the difference would be that much.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
What about the Japanese episodes? I never heard they got a second season while they actually crossed 47 episodes...I know episodes in Japan may air differently and such but also, I don't believe the difference would be that much.
The Japanese episodes in a completely different way to the dubbed episodes. Each saga is usually just aired under one series/season. Then the dub usually divides the saga into four season (usually around about 50 episodes). Take Ash's adventures in Hoenn, that aired in Japan as one series called Advanced Generation, which was divided by the dub into Advanced, Advanced Challenge, Advanced Battle and Battle Frontier. Theres also Sinnoh, which aired in Japan as one series called Diamond and Pearl and was divided by the dub into D&P, D&P: Battle Dimension, D&P: Galactic Battles and D&P: Sinnoh League Victors.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
why the repeats?

is there any explanation for the repeats on CN the last couple Saturdays?

I really would like to see the Nimbasa gym battle asap.

Years
It's very likely that they're airing repeats because the dub has gotten very close to the original so they're waiting until there's a bigger gap before airing new episodes again. We were only 15 episodes or so away.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
is there any explanation for the repeats on CN the last couple Saturdays?

I really would like to see the Nimbasa gym battle asap.
In the future when you have Simple Questions like this use the pinned topic instead of making a thread of your own. And as Cirno said they need to distant out the Sub and Dub. They do the same thing in other anime when the anime gets to close to the manga. Not to mention Season 15 is in the works so that is probably another reason.

Spiderz

old hat
Years
pokemon series/movies timeline?

so i want to watch pokemon series and the movies in order with my brothers, i have purchased pokemon season1 boxset indigo league, after watching boxset 1, what next? when should somebody watch the first, second pokemon movie etc in relation to the overall series progression?

*i created this post because i believe i may get mixed opinions on the matter etc

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
so i want to watch pokemon series and the movies in order with my brothers, i have purchased pokemon season1 boxset indigo league, after watching boxset 1, what next? when should somebody watch the first, second pokemon movie etc in relation to the overall series progression?

*i created this post because i believe i may get mixed opinions on the matter etc
In the future if you have general questions then please use this thread. In terms of movies going along with with series it is answered already in these posts http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6947151&postcount=323 and http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6947168&postcount=324

Years
A quick question

[SIZE="a"]I know this probably doesn't belong here so sorry for the inconvenience but can anyone tell me some CDs that have the oracian tune from Pokemon rise of darkrai and the shell tune from Pokemon 2000 thanks.[/SIZE]

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
...You didn't move my answer >______>

So the Rise of Darkrai CD is "Dialga vs Palkia vs Darkrai Music Collection" and Pokemon 2000 BGM is on "Pokémon: The Movie 2000 Original Motion Picture Score"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2023
Will episodes 23 - 24 ever air?

I'm not sure if it's planned/scheduled or something, but will the dubs of episodes 23 - 24 ever air?​

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
...You didn't move my answer >______>

So the Rise of Darkrai CD is "Dialga vs Palkia vs Darkrai Music Collection" and Pokemon 2000 BGM is on "Pokémon: The Movie 2000 Original Motion Picture Score"
You were probably posting this at the time the thread was merged...

I'm not sure if it's planned/scheduled or something, but will the dubs of episodes 23 - 24 ever air?​
There is no time table for when and if these episodes will be aired. So there is still definite air date or guarantee that these episodes will air.

In the future though please use this thread when asking questions.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
I have a question;

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie however I haven't watched it for a while and now I am a little confused; This is an from bulbapedia"

"Lawrence III, a wealthy collector of the world's most valuable antiques, wishes to make his collection complete by catching the three legendary birds, Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno. Any one of them would be a priceless addition to Lawrence's collection, but he aims to capture the three in order to capture the fourth and most powerful bird, Lugia."

Now does bringing out Lugia involve actually CATCHING ALL the birds or does Lugia only appear when the Birds are fighting? Or Both?

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
hey guys, i need a little help

Can anyone remember/tell me which pokemon opening sequence featured most of the legendary pokemon? i remember once watching an opening that had all (or nearly all) the legendaries in, but cant seem to find it again. i know it was post gen-4, cos it featured the diamond and pearl legendaries. i dont think it was a regualar season either, so maybe a movie? its been driving me mad XD ive tried searching for movie openings on youtube for the D/P era, but cant seem to find any. please help XD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
hey guys, i need a little help

Can anyone remember/tell me which pokemon opening sequence featured most of the legendary pokemon? i remember once watching an opening that had all (or nearly all) the legendaries in, but cant seem to find it again. i know it was post gen-4, cos it featured the diamond and pearl legendaries. i dont think it was a regualar season either, so maybe a movie? its been driving me mad XD ive tried searching for movie openings on youtube for the D/P era, but cant seem to find any. please help XD

Advanced Battle featured them all, up to Gen III obviously. But after watching all the D/P ones on Youtube it seems that Sinnoh League Victors features the most legendary Pokemon, it's the last season in the D/P saga. So you were looking for the wrong thing. :P

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I have a question;

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie however I haven't watched it for a while and now I am a little confused; This is an from bulbapedia"

"Lawrence III, a wealthy collector of the world's most valuable antiques, wishes to make his collection complete by catching the three legendary birds, Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno. Any one of them would be a priceless addition to Lawrence's collection, but he aims to capture the three in order to capture the fourth and most powerful bird, Lugia."

Now does bringing out Lugia involve actually CATCHING ALL the birds or does Lugia only appear when the Birds are fighting? Or Both?

I think it's when all the birds are fighting, or even if all the birds are close to each other. Lugia appeared without Lawrence catching all 3, since he never owned Articuno iirc. So your latter statement about the birds fighting was correct.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years

Advanced Battle featured them all, up to Gen III obviously. But after watching all the D/P ones on Youtube it seems that Sinnoh League Victors features the most legendary Pokemon, it's the last season in the D/P saga. So you were looking for the wrong thing. :P

No, thats not the one i dont think. i do recognise some scenes (the flyover by the Kanto birds, and the space bit with Mew and co), but the one i remember had others in like Celebi, the sinnoh lake trio, and shaymin in it, and didnt really feature many of the other, non-legendary pokemon seen. The one i saw certainly used these scenes, but added other legendaries to the mix. it wasnt a fan creation either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back