• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A New Land, the Kalos Region

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Bonjour, mon ami! This couldn't be more French. I want an African themed region next... if they DARE do an Indian one, then I am probably going to scream. Racist, no, I am not. India is over used though, so I am a little annoyed, lol.
They (people from China, India, etc.) are also a minority in our part of the world, so they tend to get what they want first. Jobs, money, you name it. (No, I mean nothing racist by that, but what I say is true.)

But then, Japan creates the game. Perhaps Africa will be more of interest.

Maybe they'll do something in the Rio de Janiero (Brazil, South America) area; isn't the Olympics there in 2016?

Watch for in-game clues. We had France from Unova, after all, with French spoken. Though there is Spanish in one building, as well (Spanish is a common language in the U.S.).

Cyclone

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Thought they hadn't covered all of Japan's land yet on the map? The French thing is interesting though. Curious to see how this plays out in the show itself.

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
Years
this game could possibly be two regions like johto or more added to the region because it seems very small to me if you look all the way SE you can see a waterway leading to somewhere else

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
this game could possibly be two regions like johto or more added to the region because it seems very small to me if you look all the way SE you can see a waterway leading to somewhere else
It would be very interesting if that waterway connects to Hoenn or Sinnoh somehow. They are remote areas in Japan, however, so perhaps the connection is a Gen. VII one. Or they plan to introduce the area in Z. Or heck, maybe it's just, you know, THERE. A red herring, if you will.

Cyclone

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is possible for them to make DLC regions or islands. They surprised us and changed a lot of what we are use to in Unova. Nothing is impossible, but I would love to go back to Hoenn. I don't see us getting remakes any time soon for Hoenn, so maybe downloadable content to or part of Hoenn.

Also, people need to keep in mind that the routes reset in Kalos.

And to the person who said something about them still having a lot of land in Japan, a good amount was used in Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. I aslo think some was used in the pokemon ranger games. (Sorry for getting off topic here.)

blue

gucci
Years
It is possible for them to make DLC regions or islands. They surprised us and changed a lot of what we are use to in Unova. Nothing is impossible, but I would love to go back to Hoenn. I don't see us getting remakes any time soon for Hoenn, so maybe downloadable content to or part of Hoenn.

Also, people need to keep in mind that the routes reset in Kalos.

And to the person who said something about them still having a lot of land in Japan, a good amount was used in Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. I aslo think some was used in the pokemon ranger games. (Sorry for getting off topic here.)

It would be too much work and development which they may aswell just put into a remake all together, I'd much prefer to explore Hoenn in a remake following the storyline with Team Aqua & Magma rather than downloading it as a DLC serving no real purpose. We could get a few extra areas as did Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity but I couldn't see a Region being a likely DLC.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I was musing on the DLC of Hoenn idea. What would people think if they had DLC and provided part of Hoenn in it, but mainly as a trolling teaser, whereby the future (yet to be announced) remake will - upon first being played in the same 3DS - will activate the entire area as a bonus in X/Y? That way, people with the remake can also explore all of Hoenn in X/Y as well.

Of course, I presume this would become a free DLC to those who register the game and the DLC would be available only then for existing X/Y games. This could apply to any remake as well and allow one to easily catch that generation's Pokémon in the newest generation without us having to go back to, say, the GBA to import three times to the newest generation.

It wouldn't be a connection; more like a ticket system. After the new region is added, a character shows up near the access point (a boat terminal, let's say) and automatically stops you telling you there is a new destination available and, hey, would you like a ticket to travel there? They can do something to make it interesting in X/Y such as super-difficult Gyms and an even more difficult E4, with possibly leveling of their teams to match you (and vice-versa) so that both opponents have, say, Lv.80 Pokémon. The whole thing can be introduced by a Xtransceiver-esque phone call.

It would be cool to later have an entire region added somehow like this! Thoughts?

Cyclone

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
By the look of it, it seam like it will be akin to FF12 where you returned to the main city after every location. However they could just not show routes on the map in this region.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Why are a bunch of people already speculating on Gen 7's landscape? X and Y haven't even come out yet, lets take a step back here and examine this land. We already know it's based on France, we already know a little bit about some of the towns. But, what about the rest of the land? And I noticed someone earlier say that this Generations land looks small. Are you serious? They have to split the Pokedex into 3 different sections to cover everything. That isn't small. This place is going to be huge.

justinside

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
oui! this looks sooo cool! i love that it is based on France. its so..... magnifique! i would love it to be connected to "spain" as a johto/kanto thing.
also i am really curios about the island in the top left corner of the map.... maybe a legendary cave??

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
^This would be a pretty neat reference!
But at the same time, i think it would be the first time the PokeGraveyard is located at/under the main city of the game?
Still love the idea, shiny and glamorous on top, creepy and spooky at the bottom :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
i think i know where this generation graveyard will be-under lumiose city.
lumiose based on paris, and under paris you will find "the catacombs of paris"(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacombs_of_Paris).
i don't exept to see a walls made of skeletons like in the catacombs but i think that a graveyard under the city that is based on paris would be a nice reference.
what do you think?

On the left of the map, to the right of the stonehenge area it looks like a graveyard though. They look like headstones.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
On the left of the map, to the right of the stonehenge area it looks like a graveyard though. They look like headstones.

Isn't Stonehenge in general a megalithic structure representing a burial area? I could be wrong, I don't know. Though that area and the "catacombs" both sound very plausible.

Tied in with Stonehenge, I like the idea of, but am not very hopeful about, a "haunted plains" where you could be crossing it and a random encounter with a ghost/dark type happens.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
We found a bit more detail on the bottom left part of the Kalos region with the stones.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I really like the rural look of the Kalos region. I like how all of those mountain ranges, and how the region just looks so spread compared out other regions that we've seen.

Back