• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trading

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
All right, I don't do the competitive thing, so I'll give you that as far as that goes.

Terribly hacked pokemon are still easy to spot. But without the aid of pokecheck, hack checking has become increasingly difficult. Fortunately, generation 6 hacks are scarce. Powersaves aren't as common as AR and access to pokegen was in previous generations.
Just wait until Power Saves gets more circulation. I'm getting one, in fact (it's shipped), but not to hack for competitive or anything else; the only purpose will be for cloning once I figure it out. And maybe getting some exact IVs instead of "This Pokémon has fantastic stats". If there's a code for that. Even with the Action Replay for the DS, to this day I have not created any Pokémon from scratch (like Mewtwo's creation in the anime, if you will).

Years
I would like a powersaves just for those reasons as well but I've heard of a few bad things about file corruption and blocking access to the bank and stuff like that so I am iffy on one:/

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I would like a powersaves just for those reasons as well but I've heard of a few bad things about file corruption and blocking access to the bank and stuff like that so I am iffy on one:/
Well, remember the Bad Eggs on Wonder Trade? I'm worried if what you said is just rumours to keep would-be cheaters from using it. I'll have to properly research this. I don't think usage of a device would actually save to the card, or it would be designed to not save that fact, but who knows? I've also seen reports of game cartridges being ruined, so who knows WHAT to believe.

Wonder Trade would surely block out hacks, but blocking you from Bank completely should not happen. You're paying for the service.

Years
Well, remember the Bad Eggs on Wonder Trade? I'm worried if what you said is just rumours to keep would-be cheaters from using it. I'll have to properly research this. I don't think usage of a device would actually save to the card, or it would be designed to not save that fact, but who knows? I've also seen reports of game cartridges being ruined, so who knows WHAT to believe.

Aeroblast (from here) is the one who reported the pokebank thing, so I know that much is true. It seems like one or two of the other regulars had issues as well.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Aeroblast (from here) is the one who reported the pokebank thing, so I know that much is true. It seems like one or two of the other regulars had issues as well.
You have a link to that? I can't imagine the system saying, "You used illegal hardware; you no longer get service you pay for!" I mean, that is opening themselves up to a class-action lawsuit. Just continue to block anything that is a clear hack, including something created in Gen. VI, from the Bank. If they cut you off after having a hack on your system, that could happen from RECEIVING a hack and not from using the hardware itself. Nintendo's just opening itself up to trouble by doing that.

Years
You have a link to that? I can't imagine the system saying, "You used illegal hardware; you no longer get service you pay for!" I mean, that is opening themselves up to a class-action lawsuit. Just continue to block anything that is a clear hack, including something created in Gen. VI, from the Bank. If they cut you off after having a hack on your system, that could happen from RECEIVING a hack and not from using the hardware itself. Nintendo's just opening itself up to trouble by doing that.

It was several pages worth in one of the trade corner chit chat threads. He was trying to clone with the system and something went screwy and blocked his access to pokebank and he lost I think maybe two events. I'm sure most of us trade corner regulars remember it as we were all trying to help him figure it out to no avail. Sorry I don't remember which ppages it was in:/

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It was several pages worth in one of the trade corner chit chat threads. He was trying to clone with the system and something went screwy and blocked his access to pokebank and he lost I think maybe two events. I'm sure most of us trade corner regulars remember it as we were all trying to help him figure it out to no avail. Sorry I don't remember which ppages it was in:/
I contacted him to ask. I'm guessing it was something stupid and not simply the fact that he used it. People use save data backups to clone all the time from my understanding. Kinda like system restore.

Now it's tempting to create another box of something holding an evolution item and cloning them.

Back on Wonder Trade, I an helping someone with graphing data. Hilarious thing I did not plan on: we've blotted 719 pieces of data. Figure that out.

Years
I contacted him to ask. I'm guessing it was something stupid and not simply the fact that he used it. People use save data backups to clone all the time from my understanding. Kinda like system restore.

Now it's tempting to create another box of something holding an evolution item and cloning them.

Back on Wonder Trade, I an helping someone with graphing data. Hilarious thing I did not plan on: we've blotted 719 pieces of data. Figure that out.

Hmm my technology illiteracy is acting up again...What do you mean in that last paragraph?

Years
Oh XD that makes perfect since now after seeing that. I am way too tired and distracted by work today.

That's impressive to have traded 719 pokemon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oh XD that makes perfect since now after seeing that. I am way too tired and distracted by work today.

That's impressive to have traded 719 pokemon.
Give him the kudos. 546 at the time I reformatted the information into another format. Took a while to jot down the numbers.

I actually lost one piece of data (no idea how, I had groups of six, must have pasted over one in error), so I had 143 among the number.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I haven't done any wonder-trading at all this month, since my wi-fi isn't working, unfortunately. Last time I had done it, though I think I wound up receiving some Talonflame. Its IVs aren't that great, and nor does it have good nature, so I'm going to put it back into the system later on. Before that, I believe I managed to get a Pidgey, while trading Caterpie away. I've yet to look into this Pokémon, so I have no idea what moves it knows, what its EVs and IVs are, etc.

Most surprising thing that I have ever gotten from here would probably have to be Breloom. So, why was it surprising? It had a competitive moveset, all ready to be put into your team. I'm not exactly sure why anyone would be willing to give that away, unless, of course, it's a clone, haha. Clones are not bad at all, though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So I was just innocently Wonder Trading all of the Sneasel I don't need (three boxes or so). The final trade of the session turned out to be a foreign female Espurr.

It's a 6IV Espurr.

Not that it's anything special for battle overall, but for Shiny hunting, this will be a leader.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I did WT yesterday to release some breeding leftovers and someone released out the Tower of Mastery Lucario, but the date it was met is 10/2/2011....strange and funny XD

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Just WT'd five boxes of Pokemon. Took me a good three hours :(

A full box of 4-5IV 4EM Fennekin with/without HA.

And everything else, 4IV breedjects with 4EMS, a lot of Rare Balls i.e. Safari Ball Zangoose, Dream Ball HA Poochyena, etc.

I got maybe three Pokemon out of the 150 I WT'd that actually might assist me later. Sad.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Released a box of 5 perfect iv defog Scyther as well as 7 legendaries (trophy). Got nothing of note :(

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just WT'd five boxes of Pokemon. Took me a good three hours :(

A full box of 4-5IV 4EM Fennekin with/without HA.

And everything else, 4IV breedjects with 4EMS, a lot of Rare Balls i.e. Safari Ball Zangoose, Dream Ball HA Poochyena, etc.

I got maybe three Pokemon out of the 150 I WT'd that actually might assist me later. Sad.
I'd look closer at Kiloude. You might find some 5IVs among them. I have a good amount of the Dex now, so I agree, there's not much coming through that I actually need or couldn't breed, but I tend to keep stuff with Egg Moves or Hidden Abilities and finally started deleting some of the most common ones today. I still have a line of international Froakie with different setups, however, but 4/5 Bunnelby have been let go.

Also, what's the info on the Fennekin? If I don't have the setup, I might be interested.

DarkIllumination

The one in the darkness
Years
Wonder trade is the best because it gave me a shiny foongus, treecko, and other sweet pokemon for my team and I repay people by breeding pokemon and trading pokemon that evolve through trading, that gift that keeps on giving.

Back