• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Way Regained

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
Years
Well, I might as well post this here. Even though it ain't as good as my previous one, haha.

YUI1-1.png

Yeah it really isnt as good:<
its far better, i like the flow and colours and all that shiz
well done bro

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Ha ha, I thought otherwise, SA. Thanks, though. <333

And well, since I haven't made any update in a while, I think I might as well dump the stuff I made for my profile.

Spoiler:

The first one is being used in my current profile while the second one was used in the profile I had earlier. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
^ Both are epic, love them both. Especially that Arcanine one.

derozio

Years
Hehe, thanks Toshiro. I admit, I gave more time to the arcanine thing. But well, the 'naruto' thing took more effort. Mainly because the picture was almost half of the width it has now. The clouds on the right are all created by me. x3;

Oh, and here's a new tag I made for myself. Just did this today. Posting the stock too, just in order to show the enhancements made in it. ;]

sample_7e544abe825037d4791f7cbf2dfba34fdaa53860.jpg

Stock ^.

Tag:
SasukeUchiha.png

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I love your style, because of the grunge at the edges. Everything is blurred and in action, and fiery and all that, which is good, while the text is crisp and clean. Love it. I have to incorporate your style into mine someday.

Overall, great job.

derozio

Years
Thanks, Nimblethumbs. I really appreciate your compliments. Thanks again. <3

ShanksTag.png

New tag, yay! Shanks from One Piece~

derozio

Years
Well uhh, I'm not really sure why I did this, but I was pretty bored and decided to do some random stuff. Here's an LP (sorta):

Ori.png

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
The red tag is great, maybe you should give it a faded edge? Towards the top or bottom.

derozio

Years
Oh yeah! Seems like I kinda messed up there. The 'head' of the stock..I guess I should've given it a faded edge. The bottom already has a faded edge though, right? XD; In either case, I'll try to see what I can do. If possible, I'll re-make this tag with a little more of his 'head'. So that it won't seem to end abruptly at the top, that is.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
dang i saw some sweet graphics there i really liked, like the code geass one to the Arcanine, just to name two. love how the txt fits to the ones that have txt. great lighting, blending, etc... cant wait to see your upodates man.

moments.

quixotic
Years
That LP is awesome... You are amazing with colours and adjustment layers. :O
The only real thing that irks me with the LP is the word 'Eternal' which I think would fit nicely in a different font and possibly bolder.
Anyways, lovely effects and composition pulled off brilliantly.

In general, your tags look good in terms of colours and composition, but I think you would go far with experimentation. Most of your tags are quite simplistic, and there is nothing wrong with that, but I reckon you'd benefit from mixing things up a bit and trying new things. Even if your experiments feel like the fail, keep at it, because eventually you will find out what works, and those failures will just reinforce what not to do. xD

That's it pretty much, experiment!

derozio

Years
@qaz: Thanks a lot, man! A new update's in this post. Although I think you might've already seen it. XD;

@moments.: Well, I tend to make simple tags because I feel that the tags which require smudging and other sorta techniques are too much of a bother for me. XD; But seriously, I agree with you. I need to go for some experimentation in order to improve. And to improve...that's what my main aim is. Thanks a lot, Moments. I really wish people like you commented a little more often on my gallery. <3

Oh and thanks for complimenting my LP. And haha, I guess you're right about 'eternal' as 'love' stands out a lot more in comparison. I'll try to take care in future. :D

EDIT: Update: My current signature image, actually. XD;

Cloud.png

derozio

Years
Update Time!

Well, moments told me to experiment with my tags a bit. The result was:

Nerocrappytag.png

After moments gave me some suggestions, I made another version of the tag. A better version. <3

Nero1.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
@qaz: Thanks a lot, man! A new update's in this post. Although I think you might've already seen it. XD;

@moments.: Well, I tend to make simple tags because I feel that the tags which require smudging and other sorta techniques are too much of a bother for me. XD; But seriously, I agree with you. I need to go for some experimentation in order to improve. And to improve...that's what my main aim is. Thanks a lot, Moments. I really wish people like you commented a little more often on my gallery. <3

Oh and thanks for complimenting my LP. And haha, I guess you're right about 'eternal' as 'love' stands out a lot more in comparison. I'll try to take care in future. :D

EDIT: Update: My current signature image, actually. XD;

Cloud.png

Oooo this is really cool! :D Nice job.

Update Time!

Well, moments told me to experiment with my tags a bit. The result was:

Nerocrappytag.png

After moments gave me some suggestions, I made another version of the tag. A better version. <3

Nero1.png

Both are great, I like the one with text better. Good job.

derozio

Years
Ha ha, thanks Toshiro. And as for 'the text one being better', it depends entirely on one's perspective. Art is subjective (as said by a certain someone). XD;

There are some updates this time. Quite a lot. None of them, except probably a few, may be awe inspiring, but I'm still posting them nevertheless:

Tags/Signature images:

NeroBigSig.png

Edward500-1.png

Shadow2.png

Icons:

Brook.png
Dante.png
Dante1.png
Edward-5.png
Eye.png
Luffy.png
Mustang.png
Nami.png
Samus.png
Whitebeard.png
Mustang1.png
Wolf.png
Characters.png

P.S: The tag/signature images were done so that text could be put with the help of CSS afterwards. Seems pretty obvious, but just saying. And well, some C&C on the icons would be REALLY appreciated. I suck SO bad at the icon department.

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Dde, this makes my work crap. I need advice.. What program do you use? Do you make tuts? Where do you get your renders? Your bg stocks??

moments.

quixotic
Years
"art is subjective" nice. o/

Anyways, I've said it before, I'm not the biggest fan of those "insert CSS here" graphics, mainly because I hate it when a bar of transparent black or white ruins what would've been a fairly nice tag. Alas, I will comment icons. :P

Icons, one of the things I am terrible at.

Dante1.png
Eye.png
Samus.png
Whitebeard.png

These are by far the best of the bunch. Most of the other ones either are looking bit low quality or bit blurry or colours not crisp enough, stuff like that.
Referring to Eye.png, the actual eye itself looks great, but the skin in the bottom right looks out of place. The colouring is really quite dull almost and draws from the sharp, saturated reds of the eye. I'd either saturate the skin more, or desaturate it, or sharpen it or contrast up or do something. It just looks in the middle of everything and not really leaning towards being made to draw more attention to the eye, or to match the aesthetic of the eye.

You have some really nice stuff, and some not so good stuff. Those ones I listed, look at what you did with those and try expand that style more or use elements from it to do your others.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
those "insert css here" tags are great, i love the fma & shadow ones.

Back