• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Defeat the Elite Four & Champion with 1 Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Okay, just making sure. I don't like people posting challenges that they've already done in attempt to get around that rule. They have to go through it alongside other challengers. Carry on then.

Years
Oh... well, to be completely honest, I should mention that I'm training... 40 Pokemon. However, it looks like only 35 will be good enough to do it. These are:
Venusaur, Beedrill, Pideot, Fearow, Vileplume, Parasect, Poliwrath, Tentacruel, Magneton, Dodrio, Dewgong, Cloyster, Exeggutor, Lapras, Omastar, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite, Togetic, Xatu, Jumpluff, Quagsire, Murkrow, Skarmory, Tyranitar, Nidoqueen, Rhydon, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Crobat, Qwilifish, and Piloswine.
This is on my FireRed.
While it may be a while until all of them are good enough, once they all are, I'll have 35 registrations coming in at once all within a month. Though it may be a while until that point comes. I'll log all of the challenges though.
Some Pokemon can do it earlier, such as Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres; while some may need higher levels, such as Qwilifish. But all of these are on my Agenda, and are currently undergoing training.

Last edited:
Years
I'm sorry I have to keep being the "bad guy" like this, I really am. Believ me, it's not fun. However, if I'm correct Alakazam can only be obtained via trading. And, assuming this is an emulator, that isn't possible. Now, I'd love to be wrong. If you managed to legitly obtain an Alakazam (idk how), then your fine. However if not... sorry, but disqualified. Please state how you got it.

Years
What's TGB dual? Forgive me, I'm not familiar with emulators; I prefer the actual games. Did you trade with someon else who had an emulator?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Its basically an emulator that lets you trade. So you just get a Red ROM and a Silver ROM (or you can even use the same game) and you can trade with yourself.

Years
Well, since trading with one's self is possible with the real games, I'll let it slide with emulators as well- but not with the same game. If I have 1 DS and 1 White, I can't trade with myself. So 2 copies are needed to trade with oneself. I'll allow it since you did that, with Red and Silver. Once I get the chance, I'll view it and post it as well :)

blackmorale

風の行方
Years
Is it necessary to have a video of the battles? Or would a picture of the "Congratulations!" part suffice?

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
Tyranitar

I did it with tyranitar!
Lv.100
MOVES:
BRICK BREAK
EARTQUAKE
FIRE BLAST
STONE EDGE
QUITE EASY NOT TOO DIFFICULT TRY

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Well, since trading with one's self is possible with the real games, I'll let it slide with emulators as well- but not with the same game. If I have 1 DS and 1 White, I can't trade with myself. So 2 copies are needed to trade with oneself. I'll allow it since you did that, with Red and Silver. Once I get the chance, I'll view it and post it as well :)

The thing with emulators is, you actually have infinite of all of them. You just have to make a copy of the game first. So like, I could say "hmm, I want to trade Silver with Silver.", copy the rom and the emulator, and then start each game. Its the same thing as buying 2 gameboys and 2 Pokemon SIlver versions. There is nothing in the code of the cartridge that makes it incompatible with cartridges with the same name.

Years
Is it necessary to have a video of the battles? Or would a picture of the "Congratulations!" part suffice?
Picture, video, or descrpition. I just want to know your telling the truth. If your dong it the recommended way, which is without an emulator, you can only do the description, unless you use a camera. So a videa is not required for validation. In the notes, you are asked to be honest. So, a degree of trust is given :)

@ Leafgreen2itsmyidea
Okay, grats! But I'm going to need more details, haha. Please fill out the form correctly, thanks!

@ myrrhman
I'm aware of this, I just didnt communicate my rhoughts clearly it appears. But yes, you are included. Once I get the chance, you'll be registered.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2023
Why are you so uptight about the no emulators thing? It's literally pointless, it's like you're being one of those people who hate all pokemon after the first generation, except that you hate that they're playing a different way. And if you hack in a pokemon at level 5, why does it become ineligible? These tight rules are really set up to just draw people away from your challenge because you're making it difficult.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Why are you so uptight about the no emulators thing? It's literally pointless, it's like you're being one of those people who hate all pokemon after the first generation, except that you hate that they're playing a different way. And if you hack in a pokemon at level 5, why does it become ineligible? These tight rules are really set up to just draw people away from your challenge because you're making it difficult.

I'm inclined to agree, honestly. I didn't want to have to intervene here as I thought maybe talking with other members and getting their opinions would change your mind, but this challenge is way too restricting. If this is an end of the game challenge, why is it SO important that things aren't hacked into the game? Why do you even care that much? Some people have no choice but to use emulators, and some don't know or don't have the time to do the emulator trading, so they hack in trade evolution Pokemon or version exclusives. But I just don't understand the purpose of this being so strict, and it's a big turn off. I've actually had other people complain to me about this challenge, and I kind of feel like now I shouldn't have approved it. Please lessen the reigns on this, or I'll lock it. I like to keep my challenges within their bounds too, but I'm not this uptight about it.

Years
*watched*
Okay, your now registered! Well done, you slaughtered them :) Then again, it was 80 vs 40-50, haha.
(P.S. I didn't know that on Gen. II, without speed boost is was that slow... It's been a while since I've played Gen. II. From here on, I'll allow speed enhancing, it'll just be "not preferred".)

----------------------

I do not like emulators because they aren't official. They aren't the actual game. They are a copy. Just how an origianl painting is of more value than a [exact] copy, along with other things. I'm aware emulators are, for the most part, the game put through a copy machine. But the original, official games are of course preffered. This is why.
However, because some of the official games are no longer in production, I allow them. They just aren't preffered.

As for hacking: "A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data." That's why. If someone is allowed to hack Pokemon into the game, then why don't we go on and hack different Pokemon into the Elite Four? They should too get other Generations. In fact, let's just re-hack everything! Different types for the Elite Four and Gyms! Re-do all the trainers! New citys anyone? (Note: this was obviously exaggerated.)
If you open the door to hacking, how is it fair that you, me, or anyone else gets to decide how far. If you can hack Pokemon, then why not TMs? Or trainers? Or items?
The game wasn't designed that way. The Elite Four wasn't designed with any Pokemon besides the one's that can be legitly obtained in mind. So it wouldn't be equal/fair, if we got new Pokemon but they didn't. We all know that one's experiance throughout the game will differ depending on their starter, or any other Pokemon as well.
Nothing personal :)

---------------------

I'm inclined to agree, honestly. I didn't want to have to intervene here as I thought maybe talking with other members and getting their opinions would change your mind, but this challenge is way too restricting. If this is an end of the game challenge, why is it SO important that things aren't hacked into the game? Why do you even care that much? Some people have no choice but to use emulators, and some don't know or don't have the time to do the emulator trading, so they hack in trade evolution Pokemon or version exclusives. But I just don't understand the purpose of this being so strict, and it's a big turn off. I've actually had other people complain to me about this challenge, and I kind of feel like now I shouldn't have approved it. Please lessen the reigns on this, or I'll lock it. I like to keep my challenges within their bounds too, but I'm not this uptight about it.
The reason that hacked Pokemon aren't allowed is because the Elite Four doesn't have access to Pokemon from other regions and areas. They are designed to battle the Pokemon of that region. Hacking is something the developers put in the games for a reason.
I care because I want everyone to be on equal grounds. People who can hack in Pokemon have an advantage.
It's understandable the people may only have access to emulators. That's one reason why it's allowed (just not preffered). But one doesn't need to have a certain Pokemon to do it with, when that region has another 100 Pokemon available. I prefer for this challenge to be as close to the official games as we can. You don't need a Rayquaza on your FireRed to beat the Elite 4. There are plenty of other, legal, non-hacking options.
I'm really not trying to be strict. As I said earlier, I hate being the bad guy. Honostly, it sucks- for them as well as me. I suppose the developers were strict when they made these games as well, not allowing people access to all Pokemon. But, because of Public request, I'll make changes:
-Abosolutely no cheating, and/or hacking. This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Gameplay[/COLOR][/COLOR] cheats such as speed enhancements, etc. are also not allowed. (Emulators are most definantly not prefered and highly discouraged.) Traded Pokemon, of course, are allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here.
Is now
-Abosolutely no cheating, and/or hacking. This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Gameplay[/COLOR][/COLOR] cheats such as speed enhancements, etc. requested to not be used. Emulators are also not preffered, but are allowed. Traded Pokemon, of course, are allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here.
Is this better?
I really, really would not like to open the window to allowing hacked Pokemon. But, you are a Moderator. At your request, I'll open up a new section for hacked-in Pokemon.
I apologize for making this challenge seem unapealing and strict.

Years
Names: Gimmepie and Loc
Pokemon Used: Spiritomb
Level: 100
Moves: Dark Pulse, Psychic, Giga Impact, Shadow Ball
League: Unova
Items Used: Yes
Ghost: Was hugely easy just Dark Pulsed everything...
Dark: Harder than Ghost... Bisharp nearly killed me because I didn't have any effective moves.
Psychic: No problems with reuniclus, sigilyph, musharna or gothitelle. Hard to beat Metagross and Bronzong because of them being part steal.
Fight: Murdered everything with psychic.
Alder: I am never doing this again. Alder was heaos hard to beat because my moves were not very effective on his hole team. I hate his volcarona with a passion and am glad for Giga Impact... I had like 10 HP left at most.

Might try with some other pokemon later... maybe butterfree that could be fun.

Years
Names: Gimmepie and Loc
Pokemon Used: Spiritomb
Level: 100
Moves: Dark Pulse, Psychic, Giga Impact, Shadow Ball
League: Unova
Items Used: Yes
Ghost: Was hugely easy just Dark Pulsed everything...
Dark: Harder than Ghost... Bisharp nearly killed me because I didn't have any effective moves.
Psychic: No problems with reuniclus, sigilyph, musharna or gothitelle. Hard to beat Metagross and Bronzong because of them being part steal.
Fight: Murdered everything with psychic.
Alder: I am never doing this again. Alder was heaos hard to beat because my moves were not very effective on his hole team. I hate his volcarona with a passion and am glad for Giga Impact... I had like 10 HP left at most.

Might try with some other pokemon later... maybe butterfree that could be fun.
Haha, alright! Nice. Your the 1st Unvoa! LOL @ Alder though. But before I sign you up, what game is it?

The Doctor

What!?
Years
Jobrjo you said something that is about copying ,that a copied painting is worse than the original. But that is not true. A copied painting is the exact same as the original, with the exception of it being copied.

You listen to songs yes? Well every single song you listen to is copied. It is copied from the original first ever track recorded, the production artists then copy it to CDs for people to buy or to download. Does that mean the quality decreases? NO.

Years
Jobrjo you said something that is about copying ,that a copied painting is worse than the original. But that is not true. A copied painting is the exact same as the original, with the exception of it being copied.

You listen to songs yes? Well every single song you listen to is copied. It is copied from the original first ever track recorded, the production artists then copy it to CDs for people to buy or to download. Does that mean the quality decreases? NO.
1st if all, let's not argue. W can talk this over nicely, I'm sure.
And your right (to an extent). That's why I allow them to be used, because they are copies. But, hacking in other things (Pokemon, TMs, etc.) is not the same as the origianl. It is different. That's why hacked Pokemon, emulator or not, aren't allowed. Because that is not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back