• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
And the second, it'd be nice to know the command/how to script in so that the system registers a fainted pokemon/egg in your party. For XSE, not PokeScript. Thanks in advance.
I don't know what you mean, but I interpret that as you want to put a fainted Pokémon through the givepokemon command.

First, give a Pokémon as usual, through the givepokemon command. Then what you should do is set the HP to 0 using the callasm command.

How do you do that? Well...you'll have to find out for yourself. I would share it to you, but you seem like a capable young lady (woman, developing senior, etc.) and I think you wouldn't mind using your basic math skills, would you?

Besides, it's fun and satisfying.

Basic Party RAM Data:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2014
Oh actually the second question stems from the first. Say, you want someone to not double battle you because a Pokemon in the party has fainted and you have one Pokemon that still has its health and is able to fight. What I want is basically to have the game register these things to avoid the double battles when you only have one capable Pokemon in your party so that it avoids the "cloning" Pokemon glitch.

I only use the simple script where if you have one Pokemon, they refuse to battle you but it still counts when you have two or more Pokemon in your party and all but one has fainted...So yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for not being clear the first time.

Years
hey everyone i really need an answer to this question because ive been researching all day and ive found nothing.. i was wondering if there was a way to use existing programs like ADVANCED MAP or ADVANCED MART on IPS PATCHES of games. if this is not possible with these programs, then WHAT ARE PROGRAMS THAT CAN DO THIS? im kinda new to hacking so i thought this would be a good place to ask. mainly for 3rd generation hacks by the way.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Oh actually the second question stems from the first. Say, you want someone to not double battle you because a Pokemon in the party has fainted and you have one Pokemon that still has its health and is able to fight. What I want is basically to have the game register these things to avoid the double battles when you only have one capable Pokemon in your party so that it avoids the "cloning" Pokemon glitch.

I only use the simple script where if you have one Pokemon, they refuse to battle you but it still counts when you have two or more Pokemon in your party and all but one has fainted...So yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for not being clear the first time.

The tag battle in Emerald is based on a special, so I don't know of any way to do a tag battle in any other game. And in any case, it wouldn't do wild battles either.

I don't know what you mean, but I interpret that as you want to put a fainted Pokémon through the givepokemon command.

First, give a Pokémon as usual, through the givepokemon command. Then what you should do is set the HP to 0 using the callasm command.

How do you do that? Well...you'll have to find out for yourself. I would share it to you, but you seem like a capable young lady (woman, developing senior, etc.) and I think you wouldn't mind using your basic math skills, would you?

Besides, it's fun and satisfying.

Basic Party RAM Data:
Spoiler:

Actually, you don't even need ASM to change stats of a Pokemon, in a party or even in a wild battle. You can find the data structure of a Pokemon here. All thats required is a "writebytetooffset" command, and you can change the Pokemons stats, its current HP, status ailments, and plenty of other stuff. However, stuff like moves and IVs are protected in a different way.

In emerald I believe there is a part where you and Steven battle together (in the museum I think?). I would open up that script in XSE and have a look. And I don't understand your next question...if you mean to not automatically get sent to the Pokemon center when all your Pokemon faint, I have no idea. I think in pokemon prism there was something like that, but I'm not positive.

It was at the Mossdeep Space Center, but it's no matter. And the command you're talking about is trainerbattle 0x9 [Trainer Number] 0x0 [Text when opponent is defeated] [Text when rival is defeated].
Irrelevant, but I just wanted to help

Like one of the answers above me, the offsets for the Pokemon data are easily accessable without ASM. With a little math, you can insert the commands "comparefarbytetobyte [OFFSET OF CURRENT HP] 0x0.

hey everyone i really need an answer to this question because ive been researching all day and ive found nothing.. i was wondering if there was a way to use existing programs like ADVANCED MAP or ADVANCED MART on IPS PATCHES of games. if this is not possible with these programs, then WHAT ARE PROGRAMS THAT CAN DO THIS? im kinda new to hacking so i thought this would be a good place to ask. mainly for 3rd generation hacks by the way.

Whats wrong with just patching the IPS patch to a rom and editing the patched rom?

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, if you're talking about those picky-picky hacks who don't want people "cheating their way past the storyline", then what you do is find which game it was based on, and then copy the header (the first three hundred bytes or so) of a clean ROM it was based on onto the one you want to edit, and you've successfully unlocked it.

By the by:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
I'd like to find out how to adjust the music that plays during certain battles in Emerald version.

I've found out so far that it seems to depend on the trainer's title (for trainer battles), or the species (for wild Pokémon), and what I'd like to do is adjust a few of these that don't already have different music (i.e. adjust Articuno so that it plays the FR/LG legendary music, or adjust the Schoolboy trainers to play the FR/LG music).

Since Emerald already has all of FR/LG's music, I'm glad I don't have to mess around with importing new music, but I'd really like to figure out how to adjust the above. I've searched around for some answers for a couple days, but I've had no luck.

If none of that is possible, is there any other way to trigger a particular track of music during a wild/trainer battle?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I still need that offset for the amount of money the player founds, but I also have another question. Basically, I need to make a box similar to the showmoney and showcoins box. But I need this box to display a certain string when its called in a script, in my case. I'd use a showpokemonpic command or something like that if i could, but I want the box to be smaller than 64x64. I'm hacking Firered, version 1.0, with JPANs hack engine. If someone could point me to a tutorial or something, I'd be most obliged.

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
I'm making a hack, and I have one problem...
Marill, to breed Azurill, needs to have Sea Incense while breeding, but I don't want Marill to breed Azurill in that way. I want it to breed in regular way.
Same with others Pokemon that need Incenses to breed to lowest evolution stage.
Do I need to modify it in hex?
Or derp in ASM?
Or there's a simple tool to modify this?
Please help.

Last edited:

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
I'd like to find out how to adjust the music that plays during certain battles in Emerald version.

I've found out so far that it seems to depend on the trainer's title (for trainer battles), or the species (for wild Pokémon), and what I'd like to do is adjust a few of these that don't already have different music (i.e. adjust Articuno so that it plays the FR/LG legendary music, or adjust the Schoolboy trainers to play the FR/LG music).

Since Emerald already has all of FR/LG's music, I'm glad I don't have to mess around with importing new music, but I'd really like to figure out how to adjust the above. I've searched around for some answers for a couple days, but I've had no luck.

If none of that is possible, is there any other way to trigger a particular track of music during a wild/trainer battle?
Its a bit complicated but this may help. Its for Ruby however so may not work.

I still need that offset for the amount of money the player founds, but I also have another question. Basically, I need to make a box similar to the showmoney and showcoins box. But I need this box to display a certain string when its called in a script, in my case. I'd use a showpokemonpic command or something like that if i could, but I want the box to be smaller than 64x64. I'm hacking Firered, version 1.0, with JPANs hack engine. If someone could point me to a tutorial or something, I'd be most obliged.
I'm still not sure where to access the money offset. Couldn't it be related to the PokeMart script in which your money is shown? As for your second question, I've been working on this on right now. As far as I can say right now you need to create your own ASM routine.
I'm making a hack, and I have one problem...
Marill, to breed to Azurill, need to have Sea Incense while breeding, but I don't to Marill breed Azurill in that way. I want it to breed in regular way.
Same with others Pokemon that need Incenses to breed to lowest evolution stage.
Do I need to modify it in hex?
Or derp in ASM?
Or there's a simple tool to modify this?
Please help.
I'm not exactly sure but I'll take a peek around to see what I can find.
is there a way in Amap to expand the tileset count?
Yes but only for the secondary tileset though. Go into A-Map, select a map, click the purple puzzle piece near the top, once the window opens click "Blocks," scroll to "Change amount" and select the max amount.

Years
Something I've always wondered but never really looked into; the door animations of Pokémon Ruby (and Emerald, if you like).

The animations that show when the player walks through a door in Pokémon Ruby and Emerald take up two tiles; the door itself, and the tile above it. This is not the case in FireRed or LeafGreen, where the doors' animations only use one tile. This means that in FireRed, doors can be interchangable between buildings and so on, but you can't get away with that in Ruby or Emerald, seeing as the tile above the door will always show, and so the tiles will be mismatched.

I'm aware that there are various tools out there to edit the door animations, but what I want to know is if anyone's managed to make an RSE door animation use just one tile? If I recall correctly, editing the animation so that the top tile is 'transparent' doesn't work, but I may be mistaken. Thoughts?

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
I assume this is where this goes. This is driving me up the wall. I've found the dozens of map editors etc....but is there a program that allows you to edit the pokemon directly? Like their evolution levels etc. PokemonAmplifier does it for all the GBA games, but I can't for the life of me find one for second gen games. The ONLY thing I want to edit is that...so I can maybe have a Kadabra that evolves, or Haunter etc. It'd amazing if it existed or if there's a way.

wierddude22

New hacker
Years
I assume this is where this goes. This is driving me up the wall. I've found the dozens of map editors etc....but is there a program that allows you to edit the pokemon directly? Like their evolution levels etc. PokemonAmplifier does it for all the GBA games, but I can't for the life of me find one for second gen games. The ONLY thing I want to edit is that...so I can maybe have a Kadabra that evolves, or Haunter etc. It'd amazing if it existed or if there's a way.

http://swamperttools.webs.com/downloads.htm
look for a tool called poke edit or something like that

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Does anyone know the offset for the starting map/bank/co-ordinates for FireRed? I've been doing Hex searches for 0401FF0607 but can't find anything, I'm probably not even doing it right ><.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
Well, this is a really basic question, but I couldnt really find it in any tutorials or the search function, because I assume people find it basic knowledge. Yet, I'm gonna ask it anyway.

How does the dynamic offset work? How do you know what code to use after '#dynamic'. And what does it even do. Really, I'm stumped.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
I learned some codes etc. but i need the code list for items,pokemons and movements...pls in notepad if someone has :S

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, this is a really basic question, but I couldnt really find it in any tutorials or the search function, because I assume people find it basic knowledge. Yet, I'm gonna ask it anyway.

How does the dynamic offset work? How do you know what code to use after '#dynamic'. And what does it even do. Really, I'm stumped.
#dynamic is to find free space for you.

So instead of having to count all the bytes and doing math, you just have to pick out a random offset (e.g. 0x800000) and then it will count the bytes for you. Trust me it's easy.

Example:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @hello 0x2
release
end

#org @hello
= Hey!
I learned some codes etc. but i need the code list for items,pokemons and movements...pls in notepad if someone has :S
Google is your friend.

items.txt
movements.txt
stdpoke.txt
I have that tool, however the problem is that you can't change Y-Values with it.
Wait...

Does the Y-Value box not exist, or does entering a Y-value return an error?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
#dynamic is to find free space for you.

So instead of having to count all the bytes and doing math, you just have to pick out a random offset (e.g. 0x800000) and then it will count the bytes for you. Trust me it's easy.

Example:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @hello 0x2
release
end

#org @hello

Ah well, that makes a bit more sense.

So, basically, by using #dynamic 0x800000 it starts with searching a free space to put in the script?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back