• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
You can edit the basics of a wild Pokemon by using the 'setwildpokemonbattle' command and then use the 'writebytetooffset' command to do something specific. setwildpokemonbattle loads a Pokemon in the RAM but doesn't enact the battle, giving you time to edit its data. In this case you want to edit the Pokemon's sleep bits. I was able to do what you wanted with the following script:

Code:
#org @start
setwildbattle 0x8F 0xA 0x0 // Loads a level 10 Snorlax into the wild Pokemon section of the RAM
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2024794 // Changes the Snorlax's sleep bits to 0x2
dowildbattle // Begins a wildbattle with the Pokemon loaded in the RAM
release
end

You can get some more in-depth information on how a Pokemon's data is structured here.

This looks like exactly what I was after. I'll give the info a browse and see what other kind of fun stuff can be done, thanks!

Eminence

Pokemon Eminence
Years
How would you go about changing the battle backgrounds in Ruby? I have found threads on how to change them in Fire-red, but can't find any other thread or video on how to do it on ruby.

Kyoko1

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
It's basically the same how on FireRed, just the image-offsets are different.
There should be no problem with Ruby though.

Thrasher24

~Legendary Master~
Years
FINALLY, What ive been thinking the past 3+ years has happened. a NEW Questions thread.

Anyway, is there an update for HackMew's A-Mart to allow me to use it on leaf Green? Thnx in advanced!!!

Years
FINALLY, What ive been thinking the past 3+ years has happened. a NEW Questions thread.

Anyway, is there an update for HackMew's A-Mart to allow me to use it on leaf Green? Thnx in advanced!!!

Why would you use A-Mart when it's essentially been included in XSE? Find yourself a copy of XSE 1.1.1, double-click on any Poké Mart Clerk script and simply edit the #org @mart "#raw"s (it should be easy if stditems.rbh is included).

Incidentally, I would advise you to use FireRed over LeafGreen as many tutorials are written specifically to cater to FireRed's offsets, people tend to assume hacks are FireRed hacks when downloading, some tools don't support LeafGreen, and so on.

Years

You can change the "offsets.ini" file available in the folder Advance Mart.
I quickly compiled a list of offsets so maybe that offsets are bad:

Code:
[POKEMON LEAFBPGE]
Itemdata=4042384
Shops(1)=0
Shops(2)=1483380
Shops(3)=1484516
Shops(4)=1486004
Shops(5)=1488488
Shops(6)=1487724
Shops(7)=0
Shops(8)=1489744
Shops(9)=1489684
Shops(10)=0
Shops(11)=1489932
Shops(12)=1490072
Shops(13)=1490016
Shops(14)=1501734
Shops(15)=1496308
Shops(16)=1501732
Shops(17)=1501904
Shops(18)=0
Shops(19)=1472244
Shops(20)=1513616
Shops(21)=1514672
Shops(22)=0
Shops(23)=1515112
Shops(24)=1460664
Shops(25)=1510196

If you take the list if it does not work, or whatever.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
I've got a wild idea for a hack: Making a "Dream World/Friend Safari" thingy (as in, a place to catch pokémon with hidden abilities)

How: As I see no easy way to implement DW abilities, I thought about making a small number of pokémon avaliable (less than 25), create entries for them in the ??? slots and make them avaliable only in that portion of the game.

What I want: I need to make these mons to call the dex positions for the correspondent mons in dex. Example: I create a Drought Ninetales in position #252 (the first ???). But when I catch it, I want it to call the dex entry for #038 (which is the real Ninetales dex entry) so it doesn't crash the game.

Is it possible? How?

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
is there a tool to change the gen5 mechanics to updated then to gen 6
things like move power and twave not affecting electric pokemons

Years
So in my firered hack some pokemon are all of a sudden able to do nothing but struggle when battling them...teddiursa and mightyena to be specific. Their moves still exist when caught, but not when battling them.

Teddiursa specifically is using struggle even in the safari zone...

Years
So in my firered hack some pokemon are all of a sudden able to do nothing but struggle when battling them...teddiursa and mightyena to be specific. Their moves still exist when caught, but not when battling them.

This is weird ...
Have you replaced a pointer of the learned attacks by another?

Years
No. Not on purpose anyway. I've been making very small edits to the hack, just moveset (using YAPE) and map adjustments mostly, so I have no idea why this is happening. It's possible something I did a long time ago cause it, but I don't know what it would be...

Years
  • Age 56
  • Seen Jan 10, 2014
Does anyone know how to merge maps from separate ROMs into one ROM? So say if my friend sent me his ROM could I put some of his maps into my ROM.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Does anyone know how to merge maps from separate ROMs into one ROM? So say if my friend sent me his ROM could I put some of his maps into my ROM.

Using A-map, you must export the map from your friend's from then import it to yours.
However, sometimes when you do that. It makes you unable to run/bike or even use fly.
I think the game insist that you are inside a house.

leyn09

Truant Trainer
Years
Question about description pointers.

I tried to edit the description of move pound. its pointer is 1C6F34 so I will need to search 346f1c08 in a hex editor and change the pointer to the text script that I made (0x800000). After searching, I actually found more than one 34f1c08 so I changed them all to 00008008 then change the Pound's desc. pointer using PGE. Afterwards, I checked it in game and fortunately it worked! However, whenever I used Pound, it always freezes.

So, what have I done wrong? How could I safely repoint those description pointers? Thanks for those who will at least give this an attention. :)

Years

More info on this. Apparently when teddiursa is caught it DOESN'T have any moves...but in YAPE both teddiursa's and mightyena's moves are all listed...

Years
Well, it might be some tile error or somekind. But the best thing you can do is, create another map! Goto A-Map and create a duplicate of the map(what i mean is make it look like the other one). Then goto SMCA and point out your newly made map. :)

What are you using to insert them? Sappy or what?

You can do hex editing or something like that to do that bud :)
About expanding the amount of tiles blocks of Emerald from 512 to 1024, could you please and please explain it clearly step by step? Thank you very much:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back