• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
Well zel,

I habve been playing B2 and 3...but i totally stop playing shiny gold during a long time. I decided to try B4 and...wahoo !

Your hack still impressive. Congratulations.

Just a question. If I have correctly understood your "goal" system, in B5, we'll be able to travel across kanto in the red parts. Have I ?

kantob5gh7.jpg

And, will be the phone booth or not ?

Thanks,

thibault

(sorry for my english...witch should be as correct as the one of team rocket member in cerulan's gym)

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ya that would be awesome!!
A mew event sounds interesting.....

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Well zel,

I habve been playing B2 and 3...but i totally stop playing shiny gold during a long time. I decided to try B4 and...wahoo !

Your hack still impressive. Congratulations.

Just a question. If I have correctly understood your "goal" system, in B5, we'll be able to travel across kanto in the red parts. Have I ?

kantob5gh7.jpg

Thanks,

thibault

(sorry for my english...witch should be as correct as the one of team rocket member in cerulan's gym)

as far as I know yes you will be able to go travel across the red parts (don't know about cycling road though)
and there will be the phone booth system too

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Ya im really waiting to play the next beta!
Cant wait XD....
And kepp it up

ShinyGold2

Owner of Psychic,Dark&Ghost FC
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
if i knew id tell ya m8 coz this game rocks and i to want it to be glitch free
YAY Pokemon Shiny Gold! :) :]

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
is cinnabar going to be exactly the same?
cause i hated it that it was destroyed.
I would really like it if it was revamped.
but as it is a remake i guess that it is going to be the same.

Well, it is supposed to be a remake. But I think Zel said something about not being able to turn Seafoam islands into a gym or something. Also, I guess he could use it as part of his additional plot twists. OOOOH! He could make it where we play in Cinibar AS the volcano explodes. It could be Jess and Jamie's fault or something. I dunno but that would be cool ^_^

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I agree with suoert, how will Cinnabar Island be? That was always my favorite pokemon town. It would be great to see a new plot twist there, but if not, meh... I liked it in Gold and Silver as well. Please, keep at it!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Would it be possible to make Whirlpool into an HM or even a TM so we don't have to use Clamperl? Or is that even desirable? I think that would be a big improvement so I assume that there were technical reasons for not doing that originally.

The thing is that I have something planned for that "extra" HM (something planned to make more field moves available), so, as of now, Clamperl or any other Poke that learns it naturally.

You both do realize that he wrote that to say that he's NOT going to stick anything like that in. I had merely asked if he could include the Kanto battle frontier, and he said that it would be too much work and compared it to inserting a new island. Zel is not going to be inserting any new islands into shiny gold.

I don't really want to stick to locations original from Nintendo, 'cause I'm already sticking to two, and that takes a bit of originality, which is something I want to have, at least for the end of the game, after the battle with Red (so, for the "obsessed gold players", it won't change a bit the original story), so basically this means, yes, a medium-sized island at the end of the normal Gold game (where else can I put a few more legendaries, in the end? XD)

And this was already decided WAY before started working on the hack, so that's something set on my mind.

kantob5gh7.jpg

It's almost close (don't forget about the routes north of Cerulean, which you could go to see Misty and her mysterious date, and Granpa's Pokemon asking event)

The phone booth, the Pokebeeper, the Trick House, the legendary beasts, all of that will be available on B5.

On that I stay on the side of the "obsessed Gold players", which means I'll have Cinnabar as in the original (basically I don't like implementing changes on the exterior geography, you could say) About reasons for it being destroyed, most likely someone originally explained the reasons, so I won't change the story to make J&J explode Cinnabar and that.

I haven't been around for some days, so I'll post a few more screenshots (I've seen that imageshack has some problems, so I'll try with the bucket)

image033.png
image032.png
image031.png

And, since I was asked about changing the grass (and I also didn't like the one I had), I also changed that, so here it is:
(Changed the grass animation to fit the new grass as well :))
nuevaHierba.png

But since I took all my screenshots way before changing it, they'll be quite outdated, so forgive me for when I start showing screenshots with the "old" grass.

That's all, I'm gonna keep checking the threads, and doing my stuff after that. Bye!

[EDIT]: OK, If you have a personal problem with the bucket, I'll also post them inside this spoiler through imageshack. I'll give it another try, but I see everyone is having problems with it...
Spoiler:

Last edited:

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
Years
Nice grass, it has some pointy long feel.
Anyway i wish you luck even that you don't need it, im looking forward to the final result.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
i just want to help .. please, someone tell me how i can put screenshots in my posts .i really want to help if there any glitches..moderators won't let me know who to insert them i just wanna make sure shiny gold is glitch free.(cries)please someone pm me how to insert screenies

(edit)shiny gold beta 5 will have a ot of glitches more likely so be prepared and don't post about glitches unless u pathced it to a clean rom.
don't if u have pathced to a rom that is not clean
just making sure that everyone gets this so that it is not like the old thread(which i missed)

If you are using vba then there is an button to take screenshots if you know how to change button in vba you'll find the button that does that.

I haven't been around for some days, so I'll post a few more screenshots (I've seen that imageshack has some problems, so I'll try with the bucket)

image033.png
image032.png
image031.png

And, since I was asked about changing the grass (and I also didn't like the one I had), I also changed that, so here it is:
(Changed the grass animation to fit the new grass as well :))
nuevaHierba.png

But since I took all my screenshots way before changing it, they'll be quite outdated, so forgive me for when I start showing screenshots with the "old" grass.

That's all, I'm gonna keep checking the threads, and doing my stuff after that. Bye!

NO! please don't use the bucket It doesn't work on school computers they have it locked down to not show any photobucket pics
EDIT: Thank you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
shiny gold looks better and better every time i see it but would be nice to have cinabar change and have an event.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
The grass looks cute:) I really am excited for beta 5. Also(silly suggestion) even though it's almost like the show thing, will you make any way to befriend a legendary and call upon their assistance in some circumstances?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
The grass looks cute:) I really am excited for beta 5. Also(silly suggestion) even though it's almost like the show thing, will you make any way to befriend a legendary and call upon their assistance in some circumstances?

You mean like in a battle?

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
Er, like if you want a scene with them, maybe? Actually, nvm, It'd be kind of difficult, I'm guessing.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
An update!

nice screenies! And the grass (with their animations) is simply amazing, zel!

Who-hoo! Well, best of luck!

Zowayix

hi
Years
Um... the new grass looks sort of... odd...
(No offense but I sorta liked the B4 grass better)

Back