• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I said that because it was disturbing. And because it's funny. Thanks, Blaziken.

I would honestly like to see an RP that has all five regions, but the fact is that it would be WAY too much to control and it would be hard to just read. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

I would honestly like to see an RP that has all five regions, but the fact is that it would be WAY too much to control and it would be hard to just read. XD
I would think it's enough to have a RP that moves on to the next region when one is done.

Or do you mean an RP where you can go to any region at any time? That could mean less interaction between players and more job for the GM to keep things interesting, I think.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I would think it's enough to have a RP that moves on to the next region when one is done.

Or do you mean an RP where you can go to any region at any time? That could mean less interaction between players and more job for the GM to keep things interesting, I think.

Well, I basically meant five different groups of RPers, one for each region. I guess it would work best as five separate RPs, as stated.
The reason being because
1. I don't want to give the RPers characters too much experiance for the sequel
2. The longer it takes to get through the RP (1 region vs. 5 regions), the more chance it has to die. For example, slls81's A New Professor In Town - that went on for TWO YEARS and they only got through Kanto and about half of Hoenn, then I came along and it died. ;~; (Wait . . . I wonder if it was my fault? EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES!! D':)

@Miss Doronjo - That . . . uhm . . . I forgot the name, but I remember it. Didn't you try that, twice? I didn't know you and your insanely funny posts then, so I didn't give it much of a second thought, lol.

@Wymsical - Honey, I'm home!! >:D

@Skymin - Nope, no argument. Simply a misunderstanding about the completely insane and totally bizarre exchanges between Wymsical (apparently my spouse xD) and I. No worries!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yeah, but slls81's RP was a slow-paced chaptered one... FOREIGNERS IS GONNA TAKE OVER KANTO IN NO TIME AT ALL, BABY :D:D:D (did I mention that I was planning sequels to it all from the start? lol)

Nakuzami

Years
Yeah, but slls81's RP was a slow-paced chaptered one... FOREIGNERS IS GONNA TAKE OVER KANTO IN NO TIME AT ALL, BABY :D:D:D (did I mention that I was planning sequels to it all from the start? lol)

OH YAY< TAKING OVER THE WORLD WITH SEQUELS!!
. . . Maybe Foreigners could be the Kanto counterpart to my RP . . . ? Maybe we could make one for each region (five different GMs?) but have them all connected . . . ? Of course, I want mine to lead up to a sequel . . . the reboot of The Lost Islands League, if you must know, which I think will be a million times better since I've had almost a whole year to improve since making that RP. :3
BTW, Red, why the "*" in *Foreigners?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

OH YAY< TAKING OVER THE WORLD WITH SEQUELS!!
. . . Maybe Foreigners could be the Kanto counterpart to my RP . . . ? Maybe we could make one for each region (five different GMs?) but have them all connected . . . ? Of course, I want mine to lead up to a sequel . . . the reboot of The Lost Islands League, if you must know, which I think will be a million times better since I've had almost a whole year to improve since making that RP. :3
BTW, Red, why the "*" in *Foreigners?

Well, yeah. I kind of want to be the GM myself. Shall I tell you again of my neverfading goal to create a good journey RP in Kanto? If things die... THEY SHALL BE REBORN. I*LL NEVER GIVE UP: I*LL JUST CHANGE THE SETTING/STORY A BIT AND PUT AN * in the title......

The *

Well. Thing is. I was just bored and thought it was pretty. lolol end of story

........ or is that really all there is? ;);) /sneaky

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I'm mildly disappointed that Fuyu's Digimon RP is dying, and I can't bump the OOC because I'd be double posting... It's the only RP I've got!!!

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
I think it's a good idea to have one of each region. It would give great diversity because there would be 5 GMs, 5 different regions, 5 ways to play. 5 sets of playas, etc etc. I would gladly GM the Hoenn one too. Then, we make one mass RP that is basically the sequel of all 5.

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
I think it's a good idea to have one of each region. It would give great diversity because there would be 5 GMs, 5 different regions, 5 ways to play. 5 sets of playas, etc etc. I would gladly GM the Hoenn one too. Then, we make one mass RP that is basically the sequel of all 5.

I'd be down for that. It sounds like a great idea. It could get a little hard to manage and the amount of people in it could be trouble in lines of activity. But other than that it sounds cool.

Nakuzami

Years
If I wasn't such a terrible GM, I would gladly take the Sinnoh under my wing. ^^

You could lways enlist a co-GM.
I would gladly GM/co-GM the Unova RP. C:

Although, if we were to have 5 separate RPs with 5 separate GMs, that would either require that one person writes the plot for them all (well, the overall plot/major characters. Each RPs respective GM could come up with all of the other plot and plot twists) or make sure that when they're being made, the GMs constantly check in with each other to make sure the overall plots that lead up to the sequel fit together.
But it could be really, really fun if they were made! Seeing as it was my idea, I could come up with the plots if we went with the first idea (one person making the higher plot for all 5 RPs). :3

@pokemongarnet - Agreed. Can't let that die, now can we? :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well, if I was in on that project... I'd so GM Johto ;) tho, now I have the Kanto one it seems :p

BUT. Do you mean like having all 5 regions playing in the same thread? Because that would be too... cluttered, I think. I know Nakuzami's eager to figure out how to do this for real, but don't quite see the point of an RP like that, still. That's maybe just me ^^

Nakuzami

Years
Well, if I was in on that project... I'd so GM Johto ;) tho, now I have the Kanto one it seems :p

BUT. Do you mean like having all 5 regions playing in the same thread? Because that would be too... cluttered, I think. I know Nakuzami's eager to figure out how to do this for real, but don't quite see the point of an RP like that, still. That's maybe just me ^^

So zetta slow!

We went over the "all five in one thread" thing already. I guess we decided against it, lol. Although, I guess each RP could link to the others.
I'm . . . I just have to find a way to do this.
Gosh, now I'm working on like 10 different RP ideas~ :P

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
@Nakuzami: I was actually thinking all GMs would get together and sicuss the whole basic plot. Then each of them use that plot and modify it slightly to fit their region.

@Blaziken15: I called Hoenn first. lol. But you could be my Co-GM.

@RHCP: No, I meant in five separate threads, otherwise it would be waaaay to cluttered.

Edit: Oh yeah, BTW, I just came up with the best character ever to play in an RP, but I need a really, REALLY good RP to play it in. This character is gonna possibly gonna be even more fun to play than Frost in Pokemon Odyssey, although I'm sure you know how terribly evil that character is.

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016

You could lways enlist a co-GM.
I would gladly GM/co-GM the Unova RP. C:

Although, if we were to have 5 separate RPs with 5 separate GMs, that would either require that one person writes the plot for them all (well, the overall plot/major characters. Each RPs respective GM could come up with all of the other plot and plot twists) or make sure that when they're being made, the GMs constantly check in with each other to make sure the overall plots that lead up to the sequel fit together.
But it could be really, really fun if they were made! Seeing as it was my idea, I could come up with the plots if we went with the first idea (one person making the higher plot for all 5 RPs). :3

@pokemongarnet - Agreed. Can't let that die, now can we? :P

Give the OOC a little bump wouldya ;D. And that idea actually sounds really cool, but I imagine that the spots would have to be somewhat limited for each one because otherwise the sequel would have, like 50 characters.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha, sorry for being so slow xD I still call Johto!

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
OH MAH GAWD

I go for a few days and you all cause this insanity in this place :(

HOW CAN I MISS OUT ON ALL THAT INSANITY?!?!?!?!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Anyways, after filtering out all the insanity Wymsical and Nakuzami caused, I came to find out that you guys are planning a Pokemon World takeover featuring 5 different RPs for all 5 regions?

I WANT HOENN KTHNXBAI

Also, about the "unoriginal" thing, lol, I have to say, authors these days come up with EVERYTHING, it's becoming really different to get ideas that haven't already been done already... xD

A comedic RP would be nice, something different from the serious adventure RPs. C: And well, we all did make Goddess of a Remnant rather insane, didn't we? xD

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
I'd be up for GM-ing the Sinnoh one, maybe we could do it together Michaela?

I think one of the main challenged of the multi-threaded parallel roleplays would be keeping the pacing even. We can't have one roleplay ways ahead of the other, especially with plans of a sequel. You'd want all roleplays to finish at the same time so all could freshly jump into the sequel.

In this way chaptered might be useful because it's easier to structure a roleplay as such, though you'd still need to keep tabs of how big the regions are, Unova's a bit bigger than most other regions for example, though you might just do the gym-towns, in which case it'd actually be a bit shorter. And it would also depend on the activity of the roleplayers.

This shall be quite the endeavor. I also think communication will be crucial for such a big project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back