• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Can I run out of time in the Pal Park catching show?
If so, what happens to the Pokemon that I failed to catch?

The Pal Park is in the 4th generation games, but I'm assuming you knew that. There is no time to catch the Pokémon, but a quicker time gets a better score. If you quit before you catch all the Pokémon, you can keep trying to catch the Pokémon until you finish.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2012
In Leaf Green my Eevee knows Toxic.
I want to breed it on Chansey, but they won't breed.
Is there any breeding chain that could end in result of me having a Chansey with Toxic?
Also, no cheating or trading.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
In Leaf Green my Eevee knows Toxic.
I want to breed it on Chansey, but they won't breed.
Is there any breeding chain that could end in result of me having a Chansey with Toxic?
Also, no cheating or trading.

Is Eevee a male?
If it's not than it won't work. But if it is breed it with a female Pikachu, Snubbull, Skitty or Mawile. Then get a male baby and breed it with Chansey.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2012
Thanks ;) But I will get a Pichu. Will that work, too? I'm sorry, I'm not good at breeding... And yes, Eevee is a male.

SickKunt

I received a pokemon ruby game from my cousin, but he doesn't remember where he got it from.

On my sapphire, leaf green, black and diamond the nintendo seal is perfectly centered around the spiked golden border. But my ruby is it ever so slightly off, only noticeable if you are looking really up close.

Aside from that minor difference, everything cosmetical is identical to a legitimate ruby game.

It's the correct color, the region code is printed correctly, ESRB is right size, "The Pokemon Company" is in the top right corner in white, the nintendo logo is on the bottom left. Even on the inside theres a (c) 2002 Nintendo and then coding and when the game starts up it states how the internal battery has run dry...

I am unable to do a few ways of testing if it's legitimate, one being migrating to palpark on diamond (haven't beat elite four) and two, taking apart the cartridge to look at the chip (don't have the necessary screwdriver)

So basically, does anyone have a legitimate pokemon game with a slightly uncentered nintendo seal of quality or know of any other ways I can test legitimacy?

Ostrich

Derpatoligist
Years
My Ruby cartridge looks exactly the same. The logo is in the same position on mine. They might have had a fraction of a mm printing error even if you're sure it might be counterfeit. (I remember the day I unpackaged it, so mine is legit)

SickKunt

I actually had no thought of it being counterfeit until I started examining ruby versions on hong kong ebay sellers (only bought a pearl for 6.50$ thankfully) and it didn't look very official.

Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it. Also, if time based events don't occur would that mean Eevee would never evolve into espeon or umbreon?

EDIT: Does anybody know of a reputable site I could buy Pokemon emerald that isn't OUTRAGEOUSLY priced? I am looking for something similar to gamestop or bestbuy that sells used games, and they guarantee it. Rather than some random company on amazon or ebay that is selling them in mass quantities.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Your best bet will be GameStop, or if you have a local shop that sells used games. Usually places like that actually do check games to make sure they work and that they aren't fake. The one close to me does, since I actually asked. GameStop probably would be good, but I'm not entirely sure if they even carry GBA games anymore. They might just keep them in the back, cause I know that at the two here, they're not out on display. So you should hopefully find it. If not umm...well, Amazon and/or eBay are all that's left, unless you have a friend with Emerald that's willing to sell. :/ Always remember to check the feedback on the seller, and look at as many pictures as you can. Hopefully you won't have to resort to online buying for the game though. I know it's terrible when you end up with a fake. Good luck to you!

Oh, as for time based stuff, depending on where your clock is stuck at will determine what Eevee will evolve into.

Bulbapedia said:
Additionally, for no apparent reason, there is no way to change the clock for Daylight Savings Time in this generation. There was, however, some premise in the games. For example, Shoal Cave's water level would change every six hours, at 3:00 and 9:00 AM and PM. Just the same, Eevee would be able to evolve into Espeon if the in-game time was between 12:00 PM and 11:59 PM. Eevee would also be able to evolve into Umbreon if the in-game time was between 12:00 AM and 11:59 AM.

Shiny Dunsparce

SummerFeuer on P.G.L
Years
  • Age 33
  • FL
  • Seen Aug 5, 2014
Just played through FireRed, got all the way to the last gym to face Giovanne. But when I try to go into the Gym it won't let me. Mind you, I previously beat the Rockets out of Saffron AND I went to (Orange) islands. Any idea on how I can fix it?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Just played through FireRed, got all the way to the last gym to face Giovanne. But when I try to go into the Gym it won't let me. Mind you, I previously beat the Rockets out of Saffron AND I went to (Orange) islands
Sevii islands I presume. =p Anyways they aren't necessary to beating the eigth gym... are you sure you've been to every other gym first and beaten their leaders/talked to necessary people in Sliph Co/done the events at Lavender's Pokemon Tower?

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
Do I need to make any alterations to my save file if I want to play it on a different version of Pokémon Ruby (like the Japanese of European versions)?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2012
I need help

Ok i love my pokemon fire red yes that prob weird and i think i have come to the right place cause all other help says oh throw it away go to something new

i have completed the story mode all gym leaders and elite 4 with one fire pokemon which i am quite proud of

i want to finish the game and do every possible i wanna catch'em all and that this is as far as i got i also have the walkthrough but its not in there

ok i have the two new hm waterfall and rock smash

i saw loreill with team rocket and i have found out 1 rocket pssword but HELP i cant get any furthur please someone nice give me some advice

i really wanna complete this gam now i have come far give me tips thanks :( turn my frown upside down :)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Whichever island has the ruins in it, you need to get to the Dotted Hole on that island. I think it's Six Island. Go south and through the ruins, battle a few trainers, and there should be a door there. If you press A on it, there will be some Braille. Use Cut on the door and go down the ladders. It's a puzzle, so it might take you a while. Once you get to the bottom, a man will come down and steal the Sapphire and tell you the password.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
Google more is all I can tell you. AR codes aren't allowed to be distributed here, I'm afraid.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I was wondering something...
Pokemon Emerald somewhat appeals to me.
However, I have beaten Pokemon Ruby(and have had multiple saves on it.)
My question is:
IS Pokemon Emerald just a complete Copy-Paste of Ruby?
Or does it have enough new features to keep me entertained?
(Bonus Point: What's all this talk about Emerald having a broken RNG?)

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
I think it's far superb to RS. There are more double battles, gym rematches, both Team Aqua and Magma are in the game, you can get all three version mascots, there's a new 8th gym leader and a new champion, there's Trainer Tower, you can battle Steven in Meteor Falls, and there's the Battle Frontier. So there's lots of additions to Emerald. There is a severely broken RNG, you are correct. I recommend looking at some videos and guides of it on YouTube.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I was wondering something...
Pokemon Emerald somewhat appeals to me.
However, I have beaten Pokemon Ruby(and have had multiple saves on it.)
My question is:
IS Pokemon Emerald just a complete Copy-Paste of Ruby?
Or does it have enough new features to keep me entertained?
(Bonus Point: What's all this talk about Emerald having a broken RNG?)

You should get Emerald! It is most definitely not a copy of Ruby. There is so much more to do and new features, such as being able rebattle gyms and the battle frontier!

Years
Are we allowed to discuss legitimacy of games here?
If so, I was wondering about some tell-tale signs of the legitimacy of Gen III games. I know there are TONS of fakes on eBay, but every other shop site that I know of don't sell them for under $20-$30. Now, I own Sapphire, bought it brand new, so I know it's legitimate. I also got FireRed from GameStop a while ago. I was wondering about Emerald and LeafGreen. The stickers, the arrangement of content on the stickers, colors of the carts themselves, stuff like that. I'm trying to buy the two, and I almost bought a LeafGreen this morning, but I was too hesitant, as it only cost $8. I backed out of that.

Also, unrelated: When the battery dies in a GBA pokemon game, it can still save for pretty much ever, right? The only thing the battery does is power the clock? My Sapphire battery died recently (replacing it as soon as my batteries/screwdrivers come in). And would removing the battery delete the save? I'm currently Nuzlocking through it, and I'm afraid that if I change the battery, my save will get deleted. :\

Any thoughts? And if this doesn't go here, I'm sorry. Feel free to delete it, but tell me where I could post these questions again in a PM or VM or something ^-^

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Are we allowed to discuss legitimacy of games here?
If so, I was wondering about some tell-tale signs of the legitimacy of Gen III games. I know there are TONS of fakes on eBay, but every other shop site that I know of don't sell them for under $20-$30. Now, I own Sapphire, bought it brand new, so I know it's legitimate. I also got FireRed from GameStop a while ago. I was wondering about Emerald and LeafGreen. The stickers, the arrangement of content on the stickers, colors of the carts themselves, stuff like that. I'm trying to buy the two, and I almost bought a LeafGreen this morning, but I was too hesitant, as it only cost $8. I backed out of that.

Also, unrelated: When the battery dies in a GBA pokemon game, it can still save for pretty much ever, right? The only thing the battery does is power the clock? My Sapphire battery died recently (replacing it as soon as my batteries/screwdrivers come in). And would removing the battery delete the save? I'm currently Nuzlocking through it, and I'm afraid that if I change the battery, my save will get deleted. :\

Any thoughts? And if this doesn't go here, I'm sorry. Feel free to delete it, but tell me where I could post these questions again in a PM or VM or something ^-^

Some stores do actually sell these games for that cheap. Usually, they'll let you test out the cartridge. (A game can't be $40 all the time, trust me)

When the battery dies, it does not effect the save of the video game. The save is saved to a chip, which is unrelated to the battery. Changing your battery will not kill your save, I had to do that with Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back