• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
"I would like to add more" is precisely the reasoning I had for not wanting to release it. Adding landmass to show off your TOTALLY RADICAL scrolling region map is a bad thing.
No addidng a rediculous amount of land is what you dont want. and that last part was just stupid. I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to add a little more to a region map...over doing it would be a bad thing.

But why'd you mention it? What other purpose would it serve?

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
The problem is in the fact that you don't NEED it. I did this because I already had an extremely large region and it's more natural than segmenting. You want to add more that you didn't plan for to take advantage of a new tool.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
The problem is in the fact that you don't NEED it. I did this because I already had an extremely large region and it's more natural than segmenting. You want to add more that you didn't plan for to take advantage of a new tool.
where did you get that from? Are you sure your facts are straight? have you been to my thread recently? I had long planned to add more but couldnt because i had no way of doing it. I advise you go there first before making assumptions about my project.

It is fine though, if you did not intend to share the tool, then why mention it? No one is going to beg you, it just seems like you mentioned sharing it just to get a reply.

Im still wondering how you are going to tell me what I planned for, especially since everyone else around here or most of the people that check my thread no differently lol

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
I don't really frequent this place, and didn't feel like bothering with a 73 page thread.

Anyway, if you say so, I'll probably let you use the modified PokemonRegionMap; just wait for me to do a bit more work. The scrolling works, but it's not as smooth as I'd like.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Water3.gif

Title screen for XENOTIME. Haven't added the rest yet. Comments?

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Yeah, I know he did, they weren't kyle's they were alucus, but I did find other indoor tiles done by kyledove and here is 2 Updated screens from my game...

capture000.png

Actually these are Exclusive for a certain house. Not throught the game.

Nice tiles. :) I'd say stick with those.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Erm...I am pretty sure those tiles were created by Newtiteuf, not Kyledove. They were created in Kyledove's old style.

Don't believe me? Proof:

I never said those were kyle's I said I found his and I was showing off the new screens. I know they were. I didnt update my credits in my thread. I dont credit the wrong people. But thanks for trying to help. But they are free to use so i'm using them... I should have been more clear, i'm sorry for the confusion.
I did however say these were kyle's cause they are
Spoiler:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
I never said those were kyle's I said I found his and I was showing off the new screens. I know they were. I didnt update my credits in my thread. I dont credit the wrong people. But thanks for trying to help. But they are free to use so i'm using them... I should have been more clear, i'm sorry for the confusion.
I did however say these were kyle's cause they are
Spoiler:

"...but I did find other indoor tiles done by kyledove..."

Hm...maybe I read it wrong? >.<"

KingCharizard

Years
"...but I did find other indoor tiles done by kyledove..."

Hm...maybe I read it wrong? >.<"

I'm not gonna get into this with you, but perhaps you did

"Yeah, I know he did, they weren't kyle's they were alucus, but I did find other indoor tiles done by kyledove"
Where is the refrence that the pics below are kyles. I said "other" bad word, but I never once said that the pics below were actually credited to him. I said "other" cause someone thought I had them in the resources i've provided.
and here is 2 Updated screens from my game...
Is the keyword in that sentence... I changed the topic and showed to current screens from my game. Like I said I could have worded that better, but its not like kyledove shouldn't get some credit for the tiles.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Why are you getting so angry? No need. You post things so people can both see and comment. It's our opinion. And seeing as you're making a game for the public, the public's opinion matters. We are the public, so, when you do something that might not look good, it's not only in your best interest, it's in everyone's best interest.

Just saying.

I think the transition from 3rd gen to 4th gen is better. It fits more. I think you could possibly move the bed up 1 tile and to the left 1 tile. It'll make it seem like there's less space.

Now for my screenshot(s):

This is the new look of the starting town.
orioletown.png

KingCharizard

Years
Why are you getting so angry? No need. You post things so people can both see and comment. It's our opinion. And seeing as you're making a game for the public, the public's opinion matters. We are the public, so, when you do something that might not look good, it's not only in your best interest, it's in everyone's best interest.

Just saying.

I think the transition from 3rd gen to 4th gen is better. It fits more. I think you could possibly move the bed up 1 tile and to the left 1 tile. It'll make it seem like there's less space.

Now for my screenshot(s):

This is the new look of the starting town.
orioletown.png

I'm not angry just trying to explain/prove a point... Nice screens but aren't these posted somewhere else?

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
Erm, just a few beta battle animations. o.o; ignore the battle bg's and their bases. One hasn't been updated yet, and the other was sized incorrectly.
Absorb
Spoiler:

Dragon Rage:
Spoiler:

and... just a main menu.
capture004-1.jpg

Syllyra

Pokémon Underground: Surfacing
Years
Spoiler:

I must say, nice ani's you got there. The backdrop of the main menu seems non-pokemon for some reason. How did you change it anyway :P???

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Colbex: The move animations puixels are twice as big as the others, meaning it will look terrible in the normal resolution.

Please rate the screens in my sig.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Why do those tent things have windows..? I don't know if they also do have them in HGSS, but it looks pretty weird.
On the second screen the shading looks weird, it's lighter than the ground underneath it. Also, I think you've overdone the exclamations in the text bar (''Why?!!!'') Just turn it into ''Why?!''. Looks much more professional.
Otherwise they look good.

Years
Well the images in your siggy are good but i dont think the clear water is a good idea...It'd be better if you used the HGSS ocean tiles...But the screenies are good

KingCharizard

Years
Why do those tent things have windows..? I don't know if they also do have them in HGSS, but it looks pretty weird.
On the second screen the shading looks weird, it's lighter than the ground underneath it. Also, I think you've overdone the exclamations in the text bar (''Why?!!!'') Just turn it into ''Why?!''. Looks much more professional.
Otherwise they look good.

I lol'd at this... I agree tents dont have windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back