Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive > Beginner's Lounge
Reload this Page Browser-Based Pokemon Game

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Beginner's Lounge Just started your game? Come here to get help from experienced members, and to develop your game even further.

Old November 25th, 2011 (11:45 PM).
woop woop
Team Kalos

I'm currently getting ready to develop an online Pokemon game.
It'll be free to play, on all web browsers and mobile devices.

Of course the first version won't be like the video games, but it will be a Pokemon RPG.

Currently the things I need:
-A name for the game.
-Graphics Artist (to apply, post below some stuff you can make)
-Any ideas and questions.

This thread will be updates and made nicer eventually after I get a name, etc. =)
Old December 30th, 2011 (09:21 AM). Edited December 30th, 2011 by Nobololol.
King Of Mercy
Team Kalos

I want to know is it going to be more like pokemon games on gameboy or like tppc? hope it's going to be more like pokemon games on gameboy.And i hope you make online battles. For the name how about Pokemon Crystalium or Master Of Pokemons?
Also make trading center for pokemon trades and somekind of highscores. And make different pokemons such as:Gold (all stats increased) Evil (High attack, special and Hitpoints but low defense and speed) Holy (High Defence, Speed and hitpoints but low attack and special) I can help making sprites for example evil pokemon

Kanto - Started
Johto - Not Started
Hoenn - Not Started
Sinnoh - Not Started
Unova - Not Started
Old January 3rd, 2012 (05:48 AM).
Developer who wants your help
Team Hoenn

what graphics do you need? I'm positive the average Pokemon game can deliver? Where do you get the webspace from and which languages do you think of using? (default PHP, JavaScript and MySQL or someting different?) Also please tell me you're not gonna create the websites using a wizard (because that creates unnecessary code).

Also, for a name suggestion, it would be sufficient to know more about the game itself. Oh, and think of a good way to avoid copyright issues. I've seen at least one Browser Game going down because of that (Naruto related).

EDIT: I'm terriblely sorry, I didn't saw my preposter was answering after a month.
Old January 5th, 2012 (12:24 PM).
Beginning ROM Hacker
Team Johto

How about Pokemon: The Power Within as a name for the game? It sounds like a film, but it also sounds powerful to say that everyone has power within them.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links