• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Research: [GENERAL THREAD] Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Hacking

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
Years
Hey, I did it in 5 minutes! but I'll start making a model list for HGSS soon, AND yes, I will begin a productive hack that isn't trash soon. I'm still planing on making a model location editor if i can get .NET.

Poryhack

March 14th
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010
I think I have about everything I could possibly need for veekun by now, but this is excellent and I applaud your efforts.

Oho. It would be really nice to have flattened maps of all the areas sometime, for a beautiful visual walkthrough of Johto/Sinnoh. I've seen a few for D/P on Bulbapedia, but I suspect they come from lots of screenshots or are manually put together.
Thanks, I know most of the data extraction stuff has been found but in terms of knowing where something is so it can be edited, there's a ways to go.

Also I'm sure you're right about the screenshots.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
Years
Oho. It would be really nice to have flattened maps of all the areas sometime, for a beautiful visual walkthrough of Johto/Sinnoh. I've seen a few for D/P on Bulbapedia, but I suspect they come from lots of screenshots or are manually put together.
Any one who has tried to put screenshots together knows it doesn't work.

There is someone on devianart that was making the maps. Basically doing them in 2D from scratch.

This is one for the persons working on it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Nuck_Chorris So I think its grab individual screenshots of things (like trees and buildings) using the code I provided for nsbmd viewer to work for most pokemon models, then use photoshop/paint to make things look good.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2011
Not full screenshots, of course; there's perspective. But you could get a good start by just using the middle column of tiles. No antialiasing means no perspective right in the center.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
hmmmm someone has the sprites of all the trainers and maybe another sprites from hg\ss that are not realted to the pokemon sprites?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023

There is someone on devianart that was making the maps. Basically doing them in 2D from scratch.

This is one for the persons working on it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Nuck_Chorris So I think its grab individual screenshots of things (like trees and buildings) using the code I provided for nsbmd viewer to work for most pokemon models, then use photoshop/paint to make things look good.

Wrong. It is possible to create maps using screenshots. There's an Action Replay code that "flattens" everything as if you were in a building. That's how this map from Bulbapedia was made.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
Could someone possibly find the name screen data? I can't find it.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Can you post or link to the code?
Funny how you ask for the code when on an OLD post on GBATemp you where thanked for informing the thread opener about the code XD
Anyway.. guess this is the code:
Spoiler:

And this is that Crazy Zoom code
Spoiler:

B2T now..

EcoReck

Just that guy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Could someone tell me how I would be able to open these narc files? I'd like to do some easy text editting.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Funny how you ask for the code when on an OLD post on GBATemp you where thanked for informing the thread opener about the code XD
Anyway.. guess this is the code:
Spoiler:

And this is that Crazy Zoom code
Spoiler:

B2T now..
i want the code that flattens... u know what i mean.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
i want the code that flattens... u know what i mean.
You just got it, djeez - -'

And now people; STOP asking for codes and tools.
Use the forum's search function, a internet search engine, God, ...

Also, before you ask all those questions, use the search function and check the D/P/Pt thread!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2022
Anyone possible know or can help me find the pallet for the game's logo?

I am trying to edit the logo for my patch but im not doing well. I was able to find the logo file and find the logo in it, but i dont have the pallet and im not sure how to find it.

Poryhack

March 14th
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010
Anyone possible know or can help me find the pallet for the game's logo?

I am trying to edit the logo for my patch but im not doing well. I was able to find the logo file and find the logo in it, but i dont have the pallet and im not sure how to find it.
The palette is right next to the logo file. /a/0/4/6/02 for SS and 04 for HG.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
Help

How do I open the files like a/0/4/6 (that's an example I dont want to open that file, just a different file in the a folder)

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Okay I made a new thread about this but whatever. I used PokeDSPic to edit the Pokemon sprites, however...when I replaced Chikorita's sprite it said the file wasn't 8bpp indexed and probably wouldn't work. How do I save a file in said format? I've tried googling it with no results.

Back