• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Hello, Pokecommunity~ Haven't made a post in the journal for a while. Decided to log my Pokemon League battles while using my Vespiquen, Empress. I'm doing this for two reasons; two medals. The Solo-Pokemon Challenge medal and the Bug Champion medal (not sure of their exact names right now, but whatever.)

416.gif

- Empress [Lv. 100]

• Nature: Adamant
  • Ability: Pressure
  • Attack Order / Heal Order / Defend Order / Acrobatics
  • No held item.
Shauntal

I've actually just finished this battle, and found that the events that took place warranted their entry in this journal. Basically, the battle started with me having Empress use Attack Order on Cofarigous and failing like a nub and getting Shadow Ball'd. Not that it hurt. Proceed into Acrobatics and it goes down. Golurk came out next, and I figured I could get a Defend Order up for a free turn. (This actually saves me later) Golurk uses Stone Edge (and doesn't miss of course), bringing me down to about 50% health. Acrobatics, and it's down.

This is where it got fun. Mismagius out-sped me and used Perish Song. This isn't something you normally worry about. Then again, you don't normally only have one Pokemon with you when fighting the Elite Four. Acrobatics, and it went down. Froslass came out, out-sped me, unleashed a Blizzard, and brought me down to about 30% health. Drifblim followed with Thunder which brought me down to 1 HP (thank God for no paralysis..). I prayed Chandelure wouldn't out-speed me, and it didn't. Acrobatics. Flame Body. Empress with 1 HP and a burn. Perish Song was at 1 at the start of this turn, too. /o/

• Full Restore x1 was used.

Grimsley

Liepard. Obvious opening. Should've taken the chance to setup Defend Orders. Scrafty came out and got one-shot dealing no damage. Krookodile is where all the trouble began. First, dat Intimidate screwed me over. I lost the ability to one-shot anything anymore. Not to mention Krookodile's first Rock Slide stunned me. But, looking at the damage, I could survive two Rock Slides easily, so long as he didn't get a crit. Houndoom came out next starting with Thunderfang hoping for dat para. Didn't get it. Attack Order failed to 1HKO, got Fire Blasted. No burn, thankfully, and the next one missed, allowing me to down Houndoom. Honchkrow out-sped with Aerial Ace, but got one-shot by a critical Attack Order. Bisharp.. meh. He got owned.

• Hyper Potion x3 was used.
  • Max Potion x2 was used.
Marshall

Having learned my lesson from the last battle, I started with two Defend Orders, dodging one Stone Edge, getting hit by the second. One Acrobatics, and Throh was down. Sawk took an Attack Order like a boss after hitting Empress with a Stone Edge. I took the chance to heal, getting hit again. However, when attacking Sawk missed, making that one less threat. Conkeldurr got one-shot. Medicham got one-shot. Mienshao out-sped me with Acrobatics, dealing like no damage. Acrobatics ran out of PP, forcing me to use an Ether and letting Lucario use Dragon Pulse. Another Pulse and some fancy flying later, I won the match.

• Hyper Potion x2 was used.
  • Ether x1 was used.
Caitlin

Musharna. Reuniclus. Attack Order the everything. Sigilyph. Survives with 1 HP, gets off a Air Slash, dropping Empress wo about 53~55% HP. Caitlin heals, Acrobatics KOs. Gothitelle. Attack Order. Metagross. Zen Headbutt drops me to less than 50%, Acrobatics does a nice bit of damage. Metagross sticks with Zen Headbutt like an idiot, and gets dropped by Attack Order. Gallade launches a Psycho Cut that does nothing and falls after Acrobatics.

• Hyper Potion x2 was used.
  • Ether x1 was used.

I r i s

I'll admit. I had a chicken moment. Saved before the battle. I started off by spamming the life out of Defend Order. Archeops scares me, k. Meanwhile, Hydreigon's third Fire Blast crits me and brings me down to 32 HP (with no burn~). Thank Lilligant for Pressure, because now Hydreigon was using everything it could to beat me, and was failing. Feeling I was in the clear, I healed up with Heal Order, then followed with Attack Order to one-shot Hydreigon. Archeops Stone Edge got wall'd. Two Acrobatics and it was down. Now... Aggron.. I can't... Do crap.. But, again, gotta love Pressure. I know Aggron will get healed, it's now just a matter of Attack Ordering it to death.. Aggron gets healed, the following Attack Order gets a crit. /o/

While still playing the "K.O. That Aggron~" game, it can't do any kind of damage to me. Aggron finally goes down, and out comes Lapras. Not too sure what to do here, but good 'ol Attack Order hasn't failed me yet. Blizzard. Critical. "... Of course. .....RESET~" To not bore people, I won't commentate on every Pokemon again, however.. Hydreigon. Fire Blast! Miss. Fire Blast! Miss. Fire Blast! Critical. "...*sigh*" Archeops. Stone Edge! Miss. Stone Edge! Miss. Me: /o/ Aggron. Stone Edge! Critical! Empress was one-shot! "...WDF?!" Third attempt. Archeops. Stone Edge! Critical! Empress was one-shot! Me /facepalm.

Fourth Attempt! Made it to Lapras again. Fearing another Blizzard crit, I healed up on the first turn with Heal Order only to get put to sleep.. Blizzard missed, and I woke up. Seond Blizzard hit and did 44 damage. /o/ Acrobatics, Lapras was down! Druddigon Fire Punch'd to the hive. Did nothing. Haxorus came out with a first-turn Outrage crit and brought Empress down to 9 HP. (Was about to throw my DS at a wall..) Full Restore'd and tanked the next Outrage. Finished up with Acrobatics, and won the game~​

• Hyper Potion x??? was used.
  • Full Restore x1 was used.
  • Max Elixir x1 was used.
  • Soft Reset x3 was used.
  • Rage Quit x0 was used.

That's that~ ....Never doing this again...

[Edit] So.. apparently, I got 3 medals. Flying-type Champ, Bug-type Champ, AND "One and Only" Medals. ...... /o/

Last edited:

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
I don't know what my problem is... I really have to get the lead out if I want to finish before X/Y come out.

Rozu... that really stinks. I had that happen to me once with my 3DS... all I did was put the DS down and it just blinked off. Thankfully I recently saved!

June 23, 2013

Dream World: Heatmor. Found: nothing new; Feebas that knows Captivate.

I did a bit more training in Undella Bay, and then decided to check out Route 14 to the south of Undella Town. There was a rich elderly couple right near the entrance that each wanted to battle. Once I defeated them (and got awarded quite the chunk of prize money), I decided to check out the wild Pokémon in the area. I saw a large puff of white in the grass. When I approached, it started to move! I got closer, and it flew away. The first Pokémon I saw on Route 14 was one I haven't seen yet in Unova, an Altaria!

"Altaria, the Humming Pokémon, and the evolved form of Swablu. Altaria fly freely through the sky and blend into the clouds. They sing in a beautiful soprano. If one bonds with a person, it will gently envelop the friend with its soft wings, then hum."

When I looked back up at the sky, the Altaria had indeed blended into the clouds on this beautiful clear day. I looked around some more, and saw a few Mienfoo, but then on the cliffs, I saw an Absol!

"Absol, the Disaster Pokémon. Absol appear from deep in the mountains to warn people about upcoming disasters they have sensed with their horns. Having become a target because of this, they fled deep into the mountains."

I stuck around the area training my team, finding quite the assortment of wild Pokémon to battle against. Eventually I ran into another Absol. I decided to fight dark-type against dark-type, and sent out my Umbreon to weaken it. It tried to dodge with Double Team, but thankfully Umbreon's Faint Attack doesn't miss. Finally it was severely weakened, and two Poké Balls later and I caught an Absol!

246. Absol
Spr_5b_359.png

I found a couple of Ace Trainers to battle on the route as well. One challenged me to a triple battle and used a Gligar!

"Gligar, the Flyscorpion Pokémon. Gligar glide as if sliding. They startle their foes by clamping onto their faces, then jab the stingers on their tails while their prey is stunned with surprise."

The next want to battle me rotation-style, and one of his Pokémon was a Tangela!

"Tangela, the Vine Pokémon. Tangela have many writhing vines that cover them. These blue vines grow their whole life long and are covered in a growth of fine hair. They are known to be ticklish."

Both were challenging battles. Afterwards, I did a bit more training on the route, and then returned to the Pokémon Center. I had Nurse Joy treat my Pokémon, and then I rotated my Pokémon. Keeping Grimer with me of course, I also had my recently caught Remoraid, Wailmer, and Absol sent to me, in addition to Vigoroth and Raticate.

June 24, 2013

Dream World 2: Zangoose, gained a level. Found: a female Audino with the ability Klutz. (Which I find an amusing hidden ability for it to have, being that they often are found holding berries in the wild.)

June 28, 2013

Dream World: Volcarona. Found: nothing new; Snorlax that knows Recycle.
Dream Wolrd 2: Seviper, gained a level. For the first time, did not find any new Pokémon.

June 29, 2013

Dream World: Serperior. Found: nothing new; Heracross that can use Flail.
Dream World 2: Skorupi, gained a level. Found nothing.

June 30, 2013

Dream World: Emboar. Found: nothing new; a female Seviper with the ability Infiltrator.
Dream World 2: Skarmory, gained a level. Found: a female Pidove with the ability Rivalry.

July 1, 2013

Dream World: Watchog. Found: Slakoth that knows Sucker Punch; Kecleon that knows Skill Swap. Only four more Pokémon left to find in the Dream Park!

Last edited:

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
July 10, 2013

I started out the day by walking out of the Black City Pokemon Center, where I seem to end all of my days now, and head to the nearest gate so that I could check up on the newest Pokemon outbreak, as I am trying to complete the National and Regional Pokedex. And, surprise surprise, disappointment again. I walked out and back to the Pokemon Center in Black City. My team was all at level 100 so, no challenge there. Time to level up the next group of my favorite Pokemon, the Dark types. Now, just the difficult part of deciding which ones should get the next level up. And how and where I should train them. Looks like another adventure awaits, one could say. Perhaps I could figure out a way to get the Regi's too. Now that'd be an adventure. Looks like research and training for me today. Maybe I should challenge the PWT again, it has been a while. Not today. Lots to do. Must prepare my beloved Dark types for their next adventure in the Kalos region!

Well, I suppose that's it. I'll leave off here and get back to you tomorrow journal!

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
July 11, 2013

Well, I chose a team, although there levels are a bit, uneven. But, hey, gotta start somewhere. My current team is:

1) Umbreon - 76
2) Krookodile - 61
3) Gliscor - 49
4) Crawdaunt - 48
5) Mandibuzz - 33 (w/ Hidden Ability)
6) N's Zorua - 88

Once again, we start the day out in Black City and check out the days Swarm Pokemon at the Gate. Still not what I needed. I decided I'd enter into the Kanto Leaders Tournament at PWT. I entered in with Zorua, Umbreon, and Gliscor, since they have a diverse move set. My first match was against Sabrin, lucky me. She started with her Alakazam. I started with Zorua. It put up quite a fight surprisingly. But, Zorua manged to take down the Alakazam. I was quite proud of him. Next up was her Espeon. It actually managed to take down Zorua, I felt bad for the little guy. But, I think I surprised her when I sent out Umbreon. Damn Espeon used Yawn though and put the poor thing to sleep. Luckily Umbreon woke up almost immediatley and thankfully I used Moonlight a time or two before he went to sleep. He woke up and I went on an all out offensive and took him down. Her Mr.Mime came out next and it wasn't much of a challenge. Down almost right away. She actually gave me a good battle, I respected her.

Next up, me against Brock. I quickly retreated my Zorua since he started with Onix and sent out Gliscor since he knew Sky Uppercut. His Onix used Protect an awful lot though. Eventually we took it down without taking a hit and he sent out his Relicanth. I withdrew Gliscor to preserve his HP and the PP of Sky Uppercut and went with Zorua again. Unfortunately, he did not last long. Umbreon was next and he put up a good fight but, to no avail. I was down to Gliscor. I sent him out, but, unfortunately, still not enough. We were out of the Tournament. That Relicanth really put up a fight. We got a Red Shard as a conseltaion prize. What are they even good for? Nothing if you aske me. Wish I could travel to another region. I'm a little sick of Unova. Johto sounds like it'd be nice.

Well that's all for today's entry. I'll write again tomorrow for todays update.

OffRoadSP

Years
July 10, 2013

I took my team to Reversal Mountain for quite a bit of training. Then, back in Undella Town, Hugh challenged me to a battle, but my Absol, Wailmer, and Vigoroth came through in the end against his Emboar, Simipour, and Unfezant.

July 11, 2013

While I was at the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, I heard people talking about undersea ruins that lie at the bottom of Undella Bay. So when I rotated my Pokémon, I kept my Wailmer as well as my Grimer, and then had Professor Juniper send me Swablu, Zangoose, and my other Grimer. Since Wailmer had learned Dive yesterday while we were training, I figured I could do some exploring in the bay!

So when I went out to Undella Bay, the first "treasure" I came across was a Pokémon egg! I didn't want it to wash out to sea, so I took it with me. Then I sent out my Wailmer and climbed on.

We found a section where the water seemed deep, and Wailmer dove down. I immediately saw the entrance to the ruins. We swam in and found a maze of corridors. Among several relics that I picked up, I found a Dread Plate, Iron Plate, Flame Plate, and Zap Plate. These are some of the mythical plates that the alpha Pokémon Arceus used to change its elemental type. Before I could explore further, a sudden blast of water washed us out of the ruins and back to the surface!

I wasn't going to be discouraged, so I found another area of deep water and dove back down with Wailmer. There was another entrance to the ruins here, and so of course we entered it. There was more treasure to be found here, including a Stone Plate, Insect Plate, and Mind Plate. There is also a lot of strange writing covering the walls. I wonder what it means? It's nothing like the writing in the Ruins of Alph in Johto. These I can't decipher. What's that unusual sound I keep hearing? But before I knew it, we were washed out by another blast of water.

Back on the beach near the bay, my egg started to glow. It was hatching! This is a fitting Pokémon to be born on a beach.

"Wingull, the Seagull Pokémon. Wingull make their nests on sheer cliffs. They soar high in the sky, riding on sea breezes and updrafts like a glider. They carry food tucked in their bills."

247. Wingull
Spr_5b_278.png

I left my new Wingull with Nurse Joy to examine, and decided to finish my sweep of the weird ruins. Nurse Joy had told me that they were called the Abyssal Ruins, but she didn't have any info about the strange writing. So we found yet another spot to dive, and entered a third part of the tunnels. There were more plates here, and I added the Sky Plate, Earth Plate, Toxic Plate, Meadow Plate, and Icicle Plate to my collection. Legends of Arceus only exist in the Sinnoh Region. Could he have visited Unova at some point? Are these ruins built as homage to it? And there's that sound again, in the same pattern. This time, I expected the onrushing water when it hit us.

I found another dive spot. Apparently there are four entrance to the Abyssal Ruins, west, north, east, and now south. As expected, I found more plates here. The Fist Plate and the Spooky Plate bring the total to 14. Then I thought about it, and I did find a Draco Plate on the beach a while back. It must have washed up from the ruins. That's one plate short; but I did not find it among the ruins. Just more and more strange writing. Satisfied that I searched the ruins thoroughly, when the water wash us out this time, I decided to leave. On the way back to the Pokémon Center, I had a battle with a trainer in the bay, and he used a Sealeo!

"Sealeo, the Ball Roll Pokémon, and the evolved form of Spheal. Sealeo will spin any round objects on their noses with the greatest of ease. By doing so, they learn textures and odors."

I went back to the Pokémon Center, gave Wailmer to Nurse Joy to treat and send back to Professor Juniper, and then took my Wingull to do some training with later. For now, I need to get to work. On such a beautiful day, I'd rather be swimming in the bay!

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
July 12, 2013

As our adventure continues I managed to level up Umbreon and taught it some good moves. Feeling pretty confident in him and putting him into battle. Started today off differently. Woke up in a Drifveil Hotel after another unfortunate failied attempt at the PWT. I was surprised how good I did this time. Made it to the finals of the Kanto Tournament. My first match was against Giovanni. I saw his name and thought that was it but thanks to Gliscor and N's Zoruas Grass Knot attack, we pulled through. Next up, Lt. Surge. Once again, thought that was it. But, I was wrong. Gliscor took down his Raichu no problem with a one hit KO Dig attack. But he and then Zorua fainted to a Magnezone. Umbreon was up and after a long struggle took it down with his Ampharos up next. Took some time but we did it. Final round, me vs. Sabrina. I knew I was going to win...but I was wrong. Hardly made it past Alakzam and then lost two her second Pokemon. Apparently I do better with no self-confidence.

Really should just focus on the Pokedex and training. Wish someone would give or trade me a Ninjask. That'd make a great addition to my team. Still trying to pick a permanent one that works for me. Can't decide though. I think once Umbreon is leveled up he is getting a spot with Hydreigon though. I'll probably have Absol or Zoroark on there too along side Luxray.

Anyways, that is all for todays journal entry. Get back to you tomorrow.

Last edited:

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
July 13, 2013

No real big news today. Just trained a litte. Tried to catch some more Pokemon but, couldn't find anything I didn't already have. Unova is getting a little dull for my taste. Need a new adventure. Something exciting. Wish I had something I could do though. Still trying to get a Ninjask. Really want one. I've decided to only train Gliscor and Umbreon for now.

See ya for now.

Last edited:

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
July 17, 2013

Been a few days since I last wrote in this journal. Nothing to report really. I did some breeding for a friend who wanted some good Pokemon when he starts out on his own journey through Unova. I was excited to help. Bred him a Tepig, Snivy, and Zorua. I love my Dark types.

Well, nothing really exciting happening along my travels anymore, until next time.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Might as well post them here.

Barbecue (Emboar) L36
Cyanide (Scolipede) L36
Pietra (Krokorok) L36
Mikhail (Swanna) L36
Lettuce (Pansage) L12 (the mascot and HM slave)

In front of Chargestone Cave, where I'll catch a Tynamo. I'm grossly overleveled, but who cares?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Started a new game of Black 2. The team so far...

Sasaki, the Dewott L21
Faraday, the Magnemite L21
Kerbero, the Growlithe L21

Planned members Roserade, Scrafty and some other thing I'm still choosing, I'd love to use Heracross but those are difficult to find. Currently with Hugh in the sewers, having his back while he thinks he got mine.

Fun fact, Cheren is quite hard, isn't he? I barely made it with only Sasaki. Water Gun didn't do enough damage, and he only learns Razor Shell at L17, which is when he also evolves. That was a really close call. For anyone wishing to take on Cheren with a single Pokémon, I suggest using the X Defend one of the students in the school gives you before the fight.

And... The Black playthrough has progressed too.

Barbecue, the Emboar L43
Cyanide, the Scolipede L41
Pietra, the Krookodile L41
Mikhail, the Swanna L41
Tesla, the Eelektrik L41

I beat Skyla with Tesla and now I'm going to do the Surf routes west of Nuvema. It's possible I catch an Axew beforehand, or something else.

Last edited:

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
Restarted my Black on Sunday. First time playing Black intensely since 2011, but so far I'm in Nimbasa City about to challenge Elesa.

My team:

Dewott - Level 30
Darumaka - Level 27
Sigilyph - Level 26

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Black 2...

Sasaki, the Dewott L29
Faraday, the Magnemite L28
Kerbero, the Growlithe L28
Ramone, the Scraggy L23

I'm in Nimbasa. The Desert Resort segment is quite annoying because of all the scattered items, but also because, to go back to Castelia, there's that Breeder who always battles you. It's the single most annoying thing in the history of Pokémon, and I hope XY doesn't feature this kind of rematches. Another annoying thing is that they reduced Scraggy's encounter rate to make up for all the added Pokémon in Route 4 and the Desert Resort, so finding a Scraggy is now a chore. I can find Sigilyph easily, but not Scraggy. Finally I found two, a Naughty female and an Impish male. The female had Moxie (the ability I wanted), but her Sp.Def. was crap because of the nature. The male had a better nature but Shed Skin ability. I kept Ramone (the male) because I felt like a Scraggy looks more masculine, although I had a good nickname for a female one too.

Burgh was obviously piece of cake, there are so many Pokémon available in the early routes that can massacre his Pokémon... Leavanny was a poor choice for an ace, it has too many exploitable weaknesses. Anyway, since when has a Bug gym not been easy? Even Aaron from the Sinnoh E4 is quite easy, and he has a lot of great Bugs (Scizor, Heracross) and cheats with a non-Bug Pokémon that evolved from a Bug (Drapion).

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
Black Update:

I beat the Elite Four, N & Ghetsis. Ending totally blew my mind for the second time. I've kept my team at 4 pokemon so far (Samurott, Sigilyph, Darmanitan and Excadrill) since I haven't decided on who else to add.

Years
Well I finally got it working yesterday and then spend another 2 hours to just find the code which would give me experience in game battling. Apart from these I started. The season was Autumn and I started by picking up Oshawott. Named my character (Ace). Battled Cheren and Bianca. Laughed at the after battle scene in my room. Got out do the usual game stuff. Trained a bit at Route 1. Got Pokeballs, saved them for future plans. My Oshawott became at Lv 8. I then got Xtransceiver. The feature was cool when Professor Juniper talked with us all. Oh well went to the first city admired the 3d views. Saw the new Pokemon Center. Just awesome !!! Got out , witnessed the Ghetsis scene. I liked how the plasma grunts escorted him afterwards. Battled N. Went to Route 2, battled all trainers. Have not battled Bianca yet whose Tepig has my devil eyes.. ( I will catch him by using Cheats )

Current team :
21oocr8.png

OffRoadSP

Years
July 28, 2013

I haven't done too much Pokémon training lately, but have kept the same five Pokémon with me these last few weeks. This morning, my Swablu evolved into an Altaria! I decided it was a sign that I need to get back to exploring eastern Unova.

248. Altaria
Spr_5b_334.png

I did some exploring among the rocks of Undella Bay, and found the last type plate I was looking for, the Splash Plate! With that, my collection of type plates is complete. On the way back to Undella Town, a trainer challenged me to a battle. I figured it would be a good opportunity to have my Altaria try out its new moves and power. The other trained had two powerful evolved Pokémon with her that I had yet to see in Unova!

"Pelipper, the Water Bird Pokémon, and the evolved form of Wingull. Pelipper are messengers of the skies, carrying small Pokémon and eggs to safety in their bills. Skimming the water's surface, they dip these large bills in the sea, scoop up food and water, and carry it."

"Starmie, the Mysterious Pokémon, and the evolved form of Staryu. Starmie have a core at the center of their bodies that shine in many colors. This core sends mysterious radio signals into the night sky to communicate with something."

I returned to the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, and left my Pokémon with Nurse Joy while I went off to a picnic for the afternoon. That evening, I returned to find them all rested and happy after their treatment, and decided to head north to Route 13 to explore some new areas!

Route 13 was a lush, seaside area. I battled a few trainers and wild Pokémon there. One of the first wild Pokémon I encountered was a Tangela! I had my Altaria weaken it with a few Dragonbreath attacks, and then tossed a Poké Ball, but no luck. The little ball of vines was stubborn, because it took over 20 Poké Balls before I actually managed to catch it! It now makes a sixth member of my current team.

249. Tangela
Spr_5b_114.png

A short while later while I was up on a hill, I found a large stone that started to move! Who's that Pokémon? It's a Lunatone! I haven't seen one of these in a while. I battled it with Altaria just like before, but this time also had my new Tangela use Stun Spore to paralyze it as well. Route 13 must breed some really stubborn Pokémon, because it took just under 20 Poké Balls before Lunatone was caught!

"Lunatone, the Meteorite Pokémon. Lunatone are active on the night of a full moon. The phase of the moon apparently has some effect on their power."

250. Lunatone
Spr_5b_337.png

I returned to the Pokémon Center in Undella Town, where I not only rested my team, but also restocked on Poké Balls after my two challenging captures. Lunatone was sent to Professor Juniper for the time being.

Years
Jul 30th:
I woke up freshly and started the game. Battled Bianca caught her Tepig. Went inside Striaton city. Did the usual stuff. Battled Cheren and caught his Snivy too. Went back to Route 1 to train the team. Leveled them all at Lv 12 to face the gym leaders. Conquered the league after 4th try. Damn those Lilipups were very tough. Got the Trio Badge. Admired the animation afterwards as well the ability to use TMs unlimitedly. Went at Dreamyard. Got Pansear. Teached it HM Cut. Battled the Grunts. Picked up Items. Got back and got C-Gear. Left the city, entered Route 2. The scenery was amazing. Man how is Black running so fast in my PC when HeartGold runs slow???. Ah well did the usual training stuff. Entered Route 3. Caught a Pidove. ( I am still at doubt to raise it or not?? Any suggestions please...) Went after those grunts, defeated them of course Got that Thief TM and head out again. Currently at South of Route 3 about to battle trainers there.

Current Team:
a0koz5.png

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Black...

Barbecue the Emboar L49
Cyanide the Scolipede L48
Pietra the Krookodile L48
Mikhail the Swanna L48
Tesla the Eelektross L48
Daenerys the Haxorus L49

Need to get the Victory Road done. Will probably get everyone to 50 then tackle the league. Ghetsis should be easy because Daenerys can setup on Cofagrigus.

Anyway, I caught a shiny Watchog but it makes no difference because Watchog sucks.

Elite Four...

- Shauntal: Pietra killed Cofagrigus, Tesla killed Jellicent, Mikhail took care of Golurk and Chandelure.
- Grimsley: Cyanide killed Scrafty, Liepard. Barbecue handled Bisharp, and Mikhail took care of Krookodile.
- Caitlin: Pietra straight sweep.
- Marshal: He took down two of my Pokémon (Mikhail and Tesla). Mikhail killed Throh, Tesla finished off Sawk, Cyanide killed Conkeldurr and Barbecue killed Mienshao.

Finally, the N battle. I chose not to use Reshiram, because it's easier without him.

Pietra handled Zekrom easily. I used Foul Play instead of Crunch because of Zekrom's high Attack compared to my own Krookodile, and Foul Play has more BP. Afterwards, Dig was used to finish him off. Then came Vanilluxe, which was killed by Barbecue and his Flame Charge. The idea was to get two hits in and sweep him with Barbecue, but I forgot he had a Water-type (Carracosta) with Sturdy... Barbecue killed Carracosta, and Klinklang afterwards, forcing N to send out an undisguised Zoroark. Cyanide killed Zoroark, and Tesla won the battle against Archeops.

Ghetsis SHOULD have been easy because Daenerys can setup on Cofagrigus. SHOULD. But he scored a cheap crit and Daenerys went down. I had to use Pietra against the coffin for an easy KO. Usually he sends Hydreigon next, because there are very few Pokémon in the Unova Dex that can wall it (Jellicent is one such Pokémon), and that's what he did. Since Daenerys was down (shame as it was her first fight), I tried a different strategy. I sent Tesla and paralyzed him, then damaged him with Acrobatics. Hydreigon killed Tesla with Dragon Pulse. I still had a few Pokémon to use against him, but I went with the riskier option, which was Cyanide. Megahorn connected and Hydreigon went down. After that, it was easy. He sent out Bisharp, and I countered with Barbecue, who disposed of him without much trouble. Next was Bouffalant, OHKOed by Hammer Arm. Following that, Ghetsis sent out Seismitoad, which would've been a good choice from the beginning since none of my Pokémon had moves to counter it. Mikhail killed it with a few Flying-type moves. Lastly, Eelektross was killed by Pietra.

Final status:

Barbecue the Emboar L54
Cyanide the Scolipede L53
Pietra the Krookodile L54
Mikhail the Swanna L53
Tesla the Eelektross L52
Daenerys the Haxorus L52

Overall I enjoyed this run. I used basically the same Pokémon as in my previous run (replaced Jellicent with Swanna), but most things happened differently so I had to use different strategies. This time I plan to take on the E4 rematch without cheating to get fast shaking grass and with the same team as the first run, for the sake of convenience.

Black 2 is halted, I'll resume it today. Need to catch a female Roselia, preferably with Natural Cure but Poison Point works too.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Ok... Time for some Black 2!

Members as of 30/07/2013

Sasaki the Dewott L34
Faraday the Magneton L34
Kerbero the Growlithe L34
Juliet the Roselia L33
Achilles the Heracross L33

Dumped Ramone for Achilles. While searching for suitable Pokémon on the web I learned you can get Heracross in Lostlorn Forest in Black 2 only, and I wanted a Heracross so badly, so off I went. Caught Juliet and even a female Combee while looking for Heracross. I ended up catching two, both males. The first one was released because it was Quiet and had Swarm ability. The other one is Achilles, who is Adamant with Guts ability. Lucky thing eh?

Did all the side quests in Nimbasa, got the team up to L32 and went to the gym. Elesa was relatively easy. Faraday took care of Emolga and Achilles defeated Flaaffy easily. Then the *censored* Zebstrika scored a crit on Achilles and killed him. I had tons of Pokémon to throw at her, though. Kerbero used Retaliate to win the match.

Beat Charles and caught a Ducklett (HM slave) at the Drawbridge, then arrived at Driftveil, where I'll remain until the next time.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Ok... More Black 2.

Sasaki the Samurott L38
Faraday the Magnezone L38
Kerbero the Growlithe L38
Juliet the Roselia L38
Achilles the Heracross L38
Bones the Mandibuzz L38

Since today is Thursday I backtracked to Route 4 and caught the freebie Mandibuzz that flies around those parts. Weak Armor could be an interesting ability but Mandibuzz shouldn't be used as a sweeper. She has weak moves so she's not the easiest thing to train, but I wanted a Dark-type Pokémon and I happened to need a Flying Pokémon as well so why not? Good thing about her, though, is that she takes hits like a boss. Very difficult to kill. Unfortunately she also doesn't kill anything easily.

I beat Clay easily. Juliet killed Krokorok and Sandslash while Sasaki killed Excadrill. Not much to say here.

The PWT went smoothly as well, with Kerbero soloing most opponents with Flamethrower. Colress, thus, was a joke, since he has two Pokémon weak to Fire and one of them is very weak (Klink).

Got the freebie Deerling (soft resetted for female) and boxed it. Cleaned Mistralton Cave, went to Chargestone Cave, where Faraday evolved once more. Juliet learned Petal Dance but I won't evolve her until Kerbero is also ready to evolve. I arrived in Mistralton the moment it turned winter, so it was cool to see the hail falling over the city. I then came back to Route 4 to catch Bones, as I said, and trained her to match the rest of my team.

Next stop, Celestial Tower, and the gym, possibly.

Last edited:
Years
Jul 31st:
I started the save where I left of at Route 2. Started the proceedings with battling the trainers, admiring the route alongthe way. Saw an item in the grass and withour thinking ran to grab it only to found battling a Lv 10 Audino.( My first grass shaking encounter without even knowing it Lol). OK well that made me hungry to raise my team before facing Lenora. So trained the team whenever I found that. Also of course the route trainers. I think I trained them to reach Lv 18. That also made me use some cheats to obtain 2 other in my team (Beldum and Bagon). Well what else I could do to satisfy myself. At last went into Nacrene city for gym battle. But first explored the city first of course. Battled N first. I really liked the idea of the franchise showing N's team different from last battle every time. OK Went inside the gym. Read some books as well battling the gym trainers. At last I faced of against Lenora. Man how much difficulty I faced when i battled her Herdier alone first. But ah well beated it and pop that Watchog's retaliation attack made me reset my save for 4-5 times . At last i found a way to beat her by sacrificing my unused Lv 9 Pidove . OK got the gym badge went out and ran after those Plasma grunts as you all know. Reached the forest explored it and did that event where you get the Dragonite's skull back. The forest was also amazing... Man I said that too early. Why because when I went to see Sky Arrow Bridge and how I had to run on it to reach castelia city made me really wished all was happening real !!! It was all way cool for me people... OK enough again lol... Reached Castelia city and here we go again... Man The city's design as well features were way badass cool.......... OK had to make this short, explored all the city did the usual stuff and went inside the gym. The gym again was magnificient but when I battled Burgh and won the battle at first try, his pokes were not so magnificient.. then I left the city and went at Route 4 to explore the desert. Did the usual wandering collecting and battling trainers. ,Man it was a very hard thing you know as the desert was too big. At last I completed the exploration and went to desert resort to explore it too. Battled the trainers again that place was huge and went inside the Relic castle area which was currently available. I picked up Plume Fossil from the guy and went back to reach Nimbasa city. Got the Bike from the old dude and prepared to explore the yet again another awesome city..
Current team:
2mw8nr7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back