• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

II: 7-Day Forecast

Which are your favorite forms?

• Total voters
Years
Welcome for another Pokémon Poll of the Week, here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As always with these threads, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
Unfortunately I didn't receive any poll questions this week, so I came up with the question myself. If you've got a question of your own that you would like to see featured, feel free to send me a VM with your idea(s), or leave it with your post in this thread. If your topic gets picked, you may even be awarded with a special emblem!

Now with all that said, this week's poll question is:

"Which are your favorite Castform forms?"

As the weather has been quite polarizing here in North America (snow and cold in the southeast, and beautiful sunny weather here in western Canada), it's seemed appropriate to ask about the Pokemon that changes depending on the weather. Feel free to vote for as many of the options as you like, and may the best 'form win!

Spoiler:

Years
Well, I like all of them design-wise, but usability-wise I would give it to the rain Castform, as it can use STAB Weather Ball which gets boosted by its own rain condition, and use Thunder with 100% accuracy. Likewise the sun Castform can use a super strong Fire-type Weather Ball and use Solar Beam alongside it, if i'm not mistaken.

blue

gucci
Years
I love the concept behind Castform, all of the forms are great in their own way. If I had to choose one it would most probably be Snowy Castform, appearance wise it looks a little more elegant than the other two.

Fil

Years
Castform and its weather related variations are great! I mean, weather ball always receives STAB for all the forms, for the most part. After some thought, sunny form Castform takes it for me. Just look at that big bundle of sunshine, just not too much... It may be smiling, but that smile only masks the solar power it's about to unleash on some unsuspecting foe!

Years
I do love all the Castform forms but my fave's the Rainy Castform. I like Water-types and it does a great abuse of Rain Dance + Water move + Thunder together. Still, it was hard to choose but soon my fave type made it obvious.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
"Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

With that said, I prefer Rainy Castform. I used one for funsies in PU, and it actually did some decent work. Plus it's pretty cute.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Normal Castform is just adorable but raindrop Castform is adorabubble! I haven't been using any of them in-game so I base this solely on design.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I can give no opinion when it comes on using them as I never have. Best look is its snowy form... I always thought it was called hail form until today lol.

Glameow

Purrrfect~
Years
Much to my surprise and disappointment, I like the fire castform. I thought the change was permanent like an eeveelution, but I'm the long run, I'm glad they can switch around

Years
To be honest, I've never enjoyed battling with Castform, but Snowy Castform was my most successful contest Pokemon back in the 3rd gen games, so that's where my pick went.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
To be honest, I've never enjoyed battling with Castform, but Snowy Castform was my most successful contest Pokemon back in the 3rd gen games, so that's where my pick went.
I didn't even think of that :o Never did contests much. How does the transformation work in contests, does it still transform when you've used a weather move? I'm honestly clueless haha, sorry.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I remember my brother and I using Castform back in RSE and having a lot of fun changing its forms. I don't use it as much now but I think my favourite is Sunny Castform. I think it has a pretty cute design overall, as does Rainy Castform but I prefer Sunny's colours and design I think.

Years
I didn't even think of that :o Never did contests much. How does the transformation work in contests, does it still transform when you've used a weather move? I'm honestly clueless haha, sorry.
I hadn't done a contest on Sapphire for nearly 7 years, so I just went back now and found out that Hail doesn't actually make Castform change into its snowy form. Could've swore it did, considering all it's other moves were Ice type, but I guess that was just for setting up combos. Still, the snowy form Castform is my favorite, regardless.

Years
Sunny Castform is the cutest!

Also, I have always though standard castform was a bit ugly.
I don't mind the rainy castorm.
Snowy castform could be more snow-like for sure.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For me, it would have to be snow Castform, as its design seems to be pretty sleek and simplistic.

Up next is normal form, due to simplicity and whatnot. My least favorite is probably sun one; to me, they seemed to have overdone its appearance just a little much. Definitely would have appreciated that if it weren't for this!

In future, I'm interested to see how Castform's sand form winds up to be (that is, if they have plans to put-together it).

SiriusAlpha

One and only
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Snow form looks the coolest and it doesn't have the unfortunate cloud that made me ignore Castform.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
I'm a huge fan of Castform's Sun Form. i like this form mostly because I had some experience with him in a really interesting "Sunny Day" team I used to run. I actually like Castform because of is unique move pool. As a single pokemon he can cover a wide range of weaknesses as well as sweep for multiple different types with access to incredibly useful attacks such as, "Flamethrower", "Solarbeam", "Thunderbolt", "Thunder Wave", "Scald", "Icebeam", and even "Shadow Ball". Sometimes I actually find it really amazing that more people don't use Castform more often.
The Castform I played with in my old "Sunny Day" team had a move pool of "Flamethrower", "Solarbeam", "Thunderwave", and "Icebeam", and it was quite a force to reckoned with since it was constantly able to cover it's own weaknesses, able to surprise other opponents with "Solarbeam" and "Icebeam", it had proper Fire STAB, and it could speed itself up appropriately using "Thunderwave" in order to keep out of trouble.
I always thought the Sun form was best at pulling off this particular move pool since these attacks seemed to support his fire build the most efficiently. Although the other forms are quite powerful in their own respect especially by being supported by this incredibly unique movepool, I just don't think they hold a candle to the solid power recieved in typing that Castform gets along with the efficient weakness covering his attacks can do for him as a Fire type.
Plus I just like the giant transparent sun that covers his entire head, he looks like he's wearing an orange colored glass space helmet and he's ready to travel into space and actually visit the sun. Sun form Castform is an orange astronaut and therefore is superior.

Years
MOD NOTE: This thread was brought to our attention by a couple people because it was bumped after more than a month of inactivity. However, the PokéPOTW is currently exempt from the 30 day revival rule, which is why each past thread is linked in the OP of each POTW. Thank you to those of you that used the report button though- it makes our lives much easier!

And for those of you that haven't voted/posted your opinions yet, feel free to keep doing so!

Sirfetch’d

I love Castform so much haha as my name probably indicates! All of the forms are really great. I love the normal one because of how cute it is, the rain one is the most fun to use, and the snowy one is just perfect too aaa. Sun is my all time favorite though as it is the most fitting for me [:

Back