• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2022
Thanks! :) Comments like this keep me motivated to continue.

That's great to hear. Can't wait to play the game when the orange islands if finished. It's gonna be impossible for hacks to compete.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
@metapod23,
Your hack is one of the few that I enjoy and has thusfar seemed to be one of the most professional, but I must address some questionable issues:

Graphical: in Viridian Forest, (I believe it's right before you battle Samurai), there is a patch of trees and grass. On the right side of the screen, you're able to see a jump down ledge and an item. Well, I can walk through the trees to the item. No Gameshark.

Second: There is an odd area at Mount. Moon where there are 3-4 ledges and a line of water? Even though you can't travel to it, it's still an eye sore.

Third: In Cerulean Gym, if I walk off the path in the middle (right in front of Lily, Daisy, and Violet) to the immediate left or right, I can walk on water.

Gameplay: I've played this hack on VBA and No$GBA. I can not get past this point on either of them:

pokemonashgray1.png

pokemonashgray2.png

pokemonashgray3.png

*Note: This is inconsistant. Sometimes talking to Lily prompts this line, but many times, it doesn't and I get a message about the water ballet.

pokemonashgray4.png

Here is where I cease to progress. Is Misty supposed to appear this way (no sprite, save for the top of her head)? Once she appears, I can't do anything. I can't battle her cause there's nothing to battle. I can't go past Officer Jenny, nor can I cut any of the trees down, and I don't see the point in backtracking when all of the events have happened as they should. Everyone else seems to have progressed past this point, so I'm wondering if this is due to an error on my part, or if this is a problem within the hack itself that hasn't been fixed.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
@metapod23,
Your hack is one of the few that I enjoy and has thusfar seemed to be one of the most professional, but I must address some questionable issues:

Graphical: in Viridian Forest, (I believe it's right before you battle Samurai), there is a patch of trees and grass. On the right side of the screen, you're able to see a jump down ledge and an item. Well, I can walk through the trees to the item. No Gameshark.

Second: There is an odd area at Mount. Moon where there are 3-4 ledges and a line of water? Even though you can't travel to it, it's still an eye sore.

Third: In Cerulean Gym, if I walk off the path in the middle (right in front of Lily, Daisy, and Violet) to the immediate left or right, I can walk on water.

Gameplay: I've played this hack on VBA and No$GBA. I can not get past this point on either of them:

pokemonashgray1.png

pokemonashgray2.png

pokemonashgray3.png

*Note: This is inconsistant. Sometimes talking to Lily prompts this line, but many times, it doesn't and I get a message about the water ballet.

pokemonashgray4.png

Here is where I cease to progress. Is Misty supposed to appear this way (no sprite, save for the top of her head)? Once she appears, I can't do anything. I can't battle her cause there's nothing to battle. I can't go past Officer Jenny, nor can I cut any of the trees down, and I don't see the point in backtracking when all of the events have happened as they should. Everyone else seems to have progressed past this point, so I'm wondering if this is due to an error on my part, or if this is a problem within the hack itself that hasn't been fixed.

Thank you for the bug report. I've fixed the Misty glitch and the Viridian Forest movement permissions error:

AshGray Beta 3.6.1

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2012
hey when i get to cerulean gym and misty shows up shes like under the thing with the one on it i cant talk to her or anything and also it lets me go underneath the little walking are in sertain places what do i do????????

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
hey when i get to cerulean gym and misty shows up shes like under the thing with the one on it i cant talk to her or anything and also it lets me go underneath the little walking are in sertain places what do i do????????

I just uploaded an updated beta 22 minutes before you posted this that fixes that giltch. :/

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2022
Um I was wondering how do I patch this new beta to my 3.0 so I don't lose any data?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Um I was wondering how do I patch this new beta to my 3.0 so I don't lose any data?

Don't patch it to beta, only patch it to a clean FireRed rom. Just keep your previous save file, or your previous save state files. They should be in the folder where you currently have your rom stored.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2012
Heck I played metapod but does not want me to play revival. I have one affair or in the future you could add to this great land that johto game always seemed to me that the land of Kanto and Johto are connected? Sorry for my english

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2022
Is it me or does a pokemon that is poisoned/ leech seeded that hits 0hp not faint until the poison damage or leech seed damage hits. its happened a lot of times so far.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Is it me or does a pokemon that is poisoned/ leech seeded that hits 0hp not faint until the poison damage or leech seed damage hits. its happened a lot of times so far.

Just tested it. If the Pokemon is Leech Seeded and you attack it and bring it down to 0 HP, it faints right away. Seems to be working properly for me.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Metapod, do you plan on doing the Orange Islands saga or are you ending it at Pallet Party Panic?

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
Is their a good way to check on a pokemon's affection level? It seems to be taking some pokemon a lot longer to evolve then it should

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Is their a good way to check on a pokemon's affection level? It seems to be taking some pokemon a lot longer to evolve then it should

The guy in Lavender Town at the adoption house does. Just talk to him a second time.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2022
I don't understand koga puzzle. turn south then press back? which button is the back button I really have no clue how to open that door or where to stand if anyone has a vid doing it in this beta please let me see.

edit: finally figured it out yay

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
The guy in Lavender Town at the adoption house does. Just talk to him a second time.
He says my haunter it simply adores me and can't be happier I tried to level it up at night, but it still won't evolve do I need an item or just keep trying

Back