• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you a boy or are you a girl?

Years
  • Age 22
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 9, 2015
i played as Calem in Y since i was planning on cosplaying him later with my friend ( who'd be serena )

i only regret it a little bit since i wanted to wear a dress, but oh well.

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
Years
I play as a male. I've tried playing as the female a couple of times but always restart the save after an hour or so. Just doesn't feel right cause I'm a male in real life and when I play Pokémon I want the character to be a little digital version of myself.

Do you think they should put something similar to the Mii customisable options on the next game so it really could be as close too a digital you as possible? With optional hair, glasses, eye brows and clothes ect.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
Do you think they should put something similar to the Mii customisable options on the next game so it really could be as close too a digital you as possible? With optional hair, glasses, eye brows and clothes ect.

You know I think that's actually a good idea. I think what they could do is have your typical "Are you a boy or girl?" at the start and once you click into that you have another option to choose between the pre-set main character (Like Brendan and May in ORAS for example) and then on the other side have a blacked out character or something that represents a custom character option where you can go in and choose from pre-set faces and eye colour, hair and hair colour and skin colour etc.

Adrasteia

[font=Comic Sans][/font]
Years
You know I think that's actually a good idea. I think what they could do is have your typical "Are you a boy or girl?" at the start and once you click into that you have another option to choose between the pre-set main character (Like Brendan and May in ORAS for example) and then on the other side have a blacked out character or something that represents a custom character option where you can go in and choose from pre-set faces and eye colour, hair and hair colour and skin colour etc.

That must be the next step, I liked the custom clothes and hair in the last game and this must be the next step, when the game was all pixilated sprites you couldn't tell much about the character so it didn't matter but now they've moved on to 3D graphics there gonna make it as customisable as possible, or at least I hope.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I chose Girl mostly cause it had alot of cool customizations and Serena was very cute and calem didnt appeal to me as much :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 6, 2015
I played as a boy since I am one. It's just a tradition since I starting playing Blue back in '98.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I always play as both, so, in X, I played as a female, and in Y, I played as a male. This is so I can get a feel for both protagonists~.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I like the idea of playing as the guy in one version and playing as the girl in the other, lets you play both. :p

But I prefer playing as the character of the same gender as I am, easier to feel like I am the character in the game that way.

Team Flare Lysandre

Fleur-de-lis
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 21, 2015
I usually just pick who looks better between the two, the gender does not matter.

In the case of X/Y, the female had more customization options, so I went with her.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Aug 28, 2016
I selected boy this time, even though its false. I guess "I" thought the game would be easier.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
Years
I almost always choose the female, but it was never really important to me. I really really love the new feature that allows us to customize our clothes and hair :)

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Always picked the Male character, except that one time when Crystal came out I picked the female character. Selecting a gender was a new thing and I thought I'd do a simple run with her.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I always went for the Female character. I liked that the Female character had more customization options.

GilliTheFabulous

Shiny Hunter, Collector, and Breeder
Years
I always play as the male character..in every pokemon game. I think this is because when the professor at the start asks you your gender I always felt like a rebel when I choose the opposite one.

However, I do personally like the hair the female character can get when in X/Y.

Back