• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shinies

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
How many shiny Pokemon have we managed to encounter in X and Y so far? Were we able to capture them successfully?

Years
I have so far captured 8 shinies in my current X file - Clauncher, Woobat, Miltank, Remoraid, Miltank, Drifloon and Flabébé (orange flower). All except for Flabébé were random encounters, while she was Poke Radar'd.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
Since I first purchased X in January, I have captured 8 shinies: 2 Swirlix (one is now a Slurpuff), Clefairy, Gloom (now Bellossom), Metang, Riolu (now Lucario), Phantump and a Cacturne. All of them were found in Friend Safaris.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I started Y in Oct 2013 and found my first shiny, since Gyarados in Crystal, on Mar 3, 2016. It was a random encounter, I was in Lost Hotel looking for a Magneton to breed with my other Megneton for Magnemite for my National Dex. Didn't know that when the guy says "Don't seem to get along" they can still have an egg. Ditto and others usually got that message. Ran into 10 Pawniards and left, changed my mind on leaving and ran back in and it was the first encounter.

My second was a Geodude in a hoard in Victory Road, I did about 10 sweet scents and found it on Mar 24th.

My 3rd was my first fish chain shiny, I went to the middle of the lake and got 97 reels in and found Corsola. I definitely now find areas close to edges but that luckily worked. I also found 2 Basculin looking for Poliwhirl.
The next day on the 26th I fish chained 6 shinies, first Goldeen at 20, then Corphish at 17, then Magikarp at 7. After was Corphish at 30, then Magikarp at 23 and finally Goldeen at 37.
The next day, found Poliwag at 56. Had previously gone over 100 encounters looking for Poliwhirl twice.

On the 31st I found a second Geodude, this was a random encounter.

On April 10th I did my first Friend Safari shiny hunt, found Phantump at about 100
Then on the 16th found Teddiursa at 210
On the 17th found Ponyta at 42
On the 18th found Meinfoo at 45

On the 25th I decided to use my Y in my 2DS and was able to enter my friend safari as Y was connected to my 3DS. Found a Venomoth for my national dex and was riding towards to exit and had one final encounter and it was shiny Venomoth. Maybe 12 encounters.

There's been 2 incidences where I hit the A button during fish chaining without hearing or seeing the mark/ding and a fish catching the line at the exact moment, theyby not breaking the chain. Neither of these lead to shinies. Mostly just muscle memory and luck.

Last edited:

thedhp

TheDavidPearson
Years
  • Age 36
  • Utah
  • Seen Oct 21, 2016
Caught a shiny Machop today. It was my first catch. Radom encounter.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Found a couple more Goldeens on about a hundred fish chain looking for Carvanha.

Finally found a Chansey after 445 Friend Safari encounters, overall I had 777 encounters in this friend safari but only 445 without leaving and coming back.

Years
I still have zero shinies, even though I played through more than half of my old Platinum cartridge and have completed X :( And this is with excessive chain-fishing/Poker-Radar-ing. I'm really jealous of people who just randomly find them; I'm going to be Masuda breeding and checking my Friend Safaris next, because I've only briefly went down those routes.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Had a bit of crazy luck today in Friend Safari. Found a shiny Espurr after 7 encounters. Then did about 20 more encounters in that safari and left.

Stepped into a new safari and found a Drowzee on the very first encounter. Got both easily, so far the Chansey has been the most difficult to catch, she cost me multiple 1000s of pokedollars in pokeballs. These each only took 1 quick ball.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I've lost track at how many shinies I caught in Y version and there's now too many for me to list, but I remember that the first shiny I ever caught in this game is a Dragalge I found from chain fishing. The first shiny I caught in the friend safari is either Lampent or Ariados and the first shiny I found with the Pokeradar is Skiddo. The only shiny I ever got from Masuda breeding so far is Cyndaquil which only took me 48 eggs.

I only ever had two failed attempts at catching shinies in this game which were a Basculin using Final Gambit and an Ivysaur knocking itself with Take Down after I used False Swipe.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 11, 2016
I have a few in Y. Some random, some hatched and some from Wonder Trade.
So far I have a Flotzel, Noibat, Meowth, Remoraid, Gabite, Staraptor, Togepi, Huntail, Tangrowth, Trevenant, Loudred, Clauncher and I had a Barbaracle, but he got traded

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
My Y game is the only one I ever found a shiny. Ever.
I hatched two shinies.

.... I was with a friend when he found a shiny Ferroseed in Black, does it count? XD

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
So far in Y Ive found a Skrelp(traded to friend), Shellder, Magikarp, and Poliwhirl(x2 or 3 but i gave some away) in chain fishing, Buizel, Ditto(x2 traded one), and Keckleon in Friend Safari, Mareep in Horde(took months :'D), nd a hacked Zorua through wondertrade.

Years
So far in Y Ive found a Skrelp(traded to friend), Shellder, Magikarp, and Poliwhirl(x2 or 3 but i gave some away) in chain fishing, Buizel, Ditto(x2 traded one), and Keckleon in Friend Safari, Mareep in Horde(took months :'D), nd a hacked Zorua through wondertrade.

Back in 2014 I decided I was going to commit to trying to find a shiny Mareep in a horde, I was really astonished when I got it in about 10 minutes! Just goes to show how lucky I was when it took you months..

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Back in 2014 I decided I was going to commit to trying to find a shiny Mareep in a horde, I was really astonished when I got it in about 10 minutes! Just goes to show how lucky I was when it took you months..

Wow congrats! It took me seriously 3 or more months of randomly trying to horde hunt, althought I did finally get her and name her Candy and put her in AS. Much easier to DexNav, imo.

Then again I actually got a shiny Sandshrew in GPX in one weekend by breeding while some people have 10,000+ eggs and nothing still so I can see it 3XD curse you shinies

Back