• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
Looks awesome, one thing I would like is the physical/special split for moves (not based on move type) they added in 4th gen.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
moviment permission error:
7930_SunJul100042pm_Pokemon_-_Ruby_Version_(USA)_01.png

Years
This is maybe a very stupid question, but which emulator can I play this? I have VBA and DeSmuNE, and those are not working :(

Sorry already, if this question is stupid, I'm a n00b, and I know it!

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
This is maybe a very stupid question, but which emulator can I play this? I have VBA and DeSmuNE, and those are not working :(

Sorry already, if this question is stupid, I'm a n00b, and I know it!
VBA should work. Any GBA emulators should be fine (it is a ruby hack)

pok3monfan1

Newbie Hacker
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 8, 2022
Really good but of course it is DJG are you gonna hack more after this

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I just battled the 3rd Gym leader. Her Chansey isn't tough with my Eevee around. But her Girafarig. o-o My Quilava and Eevee can't handle it when they are at LV 17.

Team:
Eevee LV 17
Quilava LV 16

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2014
U are the best hacker ever all of your games are enjoyable i can't wait to play this one good luck finishing it :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I've heard that you're working on this hack,but I have never thought that this hack can be realeased in such a short time!It looks as great as the RD series,it's really amazing...I'll try it immediately!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
7930_SunJul100042pm_Pokemon_-_Ruby_Version_%28USA%29_01.png

btw the guy just below the gym in this pic (out of sight here) is blocking the path to a item which has no other way through (cant surf either)

team after beating 6th gym:
lvl 40 swampert
lvl 40 venusaur
lvl 39 scizor
HM...agents (aw yeah!)

more feedback:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
Some issues I found:

1. Extremely annoying weather conditions, of course maybe it's intended to differ a little, but this is just weird...

2. Eevee sucks. The little ****er won't learn any useful attacks, not even when it evolves into espeon or umbreon. And because of the weather conditions, you don't know what time it is, when playing on 8x the speed that's horrible :)

3. Rock Smash and Flash... Really?
I really don't get the flash thingy. In LoG it didn't always hit WHILE IT WAS A DEFENSIVE move... well yeah okay, it's kinda useful though.
But then Rock Smash, 20 damage? Please, Please, Please make that at least 40. This is just ****ed up. I'm sorry I got to have HM Slaves now.

4. My pokemon levels are utterly low, but that's my fault, with all the courage one can possibly possess, I defeated the 5th gym with pokemon of 22 and 24 and so on.
I could do the 6th right away if it wasn't for their overkill of superpotions on 1 pokemon, they use them ALL.
I don't know how you scripted it? Like "here you got 8 potions, use 'm wisely" and then they use 'm all on 1 pokemon. That's just annoying.

5. The towns are really, really close to each other, not really a bad thing, but 4 gyms that are like 2 steps away is too much, place 1 further away.

6. People walking away in the middle of a conversation, just walking away, turning around, while still talking.

7. Above the ghost town, with the graveyard and all, it occured to me that you could meet pokemon without walking in grass, well I would say "ofcourse, it's the graveyard" but meanwhile the defeat gastly event even on the green tiles left from the graveyard, pokemon would appear, after the event, they won't.

Furthermore I would like to say that the hack is awesome.

The dialoges are good, funny and clever.

I must agree on the grass pokemons being weak, my skiploom isn't really good :/ It has leech seed and aerial ace, but that's it...

Team:

Espeon 27
Swellow 29
Farfetch'd 25
Duskull 25
Skiploom 26
Charmeleon 24

Subs:

Nidorino 23 (HM Slave, sadly)
Meowth & Gastly 20 :)

Last edited:

Loonie

Mischievous Gamer
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2012
O.o ... Wow DestinedJaGold the greatest hacker who ever lived is back with a new hack so cool....... dude your the one who inspired me in hacking and stuff.. and also i loved the trilogy of ruby destiny especially LoG .. which is the best hack Ive played.. so far.. Ill be sure to keep an eye out for the progression of this hack and its final release ... Good Luck Sir ^_^

garjora

Ambassador of the Cosmos
Years
Very nice, I enjoyed your previous hacks as well so i'll wait until all the bugs are fixed and until the full version is released, can't wait.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Team after grinding,winning 3rd badge, battling N:
LV 25 Nuzleaf
LV 25 Quilava
LV 27 Eevee(dang it why can't it evolve!?)

Anyways, I am enjoying this hack so far. The custom battle animation is good as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oooh a new destinedjagold hack :3

Well the story is... vague. To say the least. I know people often do that because they don't want to spoil it but it sounds awfully generic at the moment.

"- You HAVE to talk to trainers if you want to battle them."

This is an interesting part of you game, I'm assuming that SOME battles are forced/required to progress.

Interesting world map! I like the different style.

I like the new tiles, but I think these two screenshots show a few problems. Firstly is the trees - the top and bottom colouration/pattern is so similar that they seem to merge together, which looks horrible. Might be better to add more lightness to the top with a more defined edge - the top of the tiles are very heavily shaded.

Secondly I think the cliff tiles need a bit more outline, or perhaps the grass colour softened. They contrast a bit and is missing... something.

Also why is it 'On Hold' when it only just got submitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back