• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Xavire, you need to patch the ups file to a pokemon fire red rom using tsukoyomi or a similar program, then you can play it.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
How do i evolve skipbloom?
I mean its supposed to evolve at level 27, but did you change it to happiness or to a certain stone?
I answered this in your PM, but I'll also re-answer it here for everybody to understand... all of the evolutions in this game have been changed in order to progress with the "two regional level curve of the game." Skipbloom now evolves at level 42 because all of the battles and experience points have been "scaled."
Beta 3 must be near release right :D
Frozen fire lake looks cool cant wait to explore that place
Somewhat, not really, well kind of. Mapping and scripting wise, yes. But graphically, no. I am very slow when it comes to graphical implementations because it is extremely time consuming for me, unfortunately. And Frozen Fire Lake will be considered an extremely important part of the story. You'll learn a lot! So get the popcorn ready while exploring :P
This game seems nice but i cant patch it, like when it try to patch it it gives me this:

Failed! Input checksum is invalid.

PS: Im using Tsukuyomi UPS and yes i already tried Apply patch to a new file instead of existing file

PS: Im using a Windows 8.1 computer

Full log:
I probably answered this in my thread 2834 times, but here it goes (the link is gone unfortunately). But use the program UPS Patcher.
Can't wait for the next beta... How long until a new release?
I don't know, but before the end of the summer. I had been really busy for the summer, but try to work on the game whenever I have free time. I will be getting a TON of free time soon from August 1 to the end of that month (before classes start, I will be going on a hacking rampage). So prepare for a beta 3 release around August 20. I REALLY want to RELEASE this BEFORE classes start.

Years
Thanks for the Pokedex suggestions!
Here's my slightly redesigned Pokecenter.
Spoiler:

The guards on the right are awaiting the grand opening of the Pokemart (which is now a new section of the Pokecenter) which will be available after obtaining the first Gym Badge from Bugsler.

Hi there,

I'm a new member of this Website and I'm interested in your Hack, I think it awesome, I want to download and play your hack, but I want to ask that with the lastest Beta 2.5 , do I need to patch file? If yes, and you recommend to me which emulator I should use?

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
Hi there,

I'm a new member of this Website and I'm interested in your Hack, I think it awesome, I want to download and play your hack, but I want to ask that with the lastest Beta 2.5 , do I need to patch file? If yes, and you recommend to me which emulator I should use?

Yes, you do need to patch it. Use a clean Pokemon Fire Red ROM. I would recommend that you use either VisualBoyAdvance or VBA-M. Since those are emulators that are usually used and updated. Search for a UPS patcher on Google. You can use that to patch the game.

Years
Yes, you do need to patch it. Use a clean Pokemon Fire Red ROM. I would recommend that you use either VisualBoyAdvance or VBA-M. Since those are emulators that are usually used and updated. Search for a UPS patcher on Google. You can use that to patch the game.

I am using VBA ver 1.0.8 but the speed is can't acceptable, do you know how to boots up the speed?

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I am using VBA ver 1.0.8 but the speed is can't acceptable, do you know how to boots up the speed?

It all depends on your computer. Depending on your specs you man need to keep Turbo Mode on at all times. Another way to do it is to go to the Speed Options and increase the throttle. Also make sure that the Frame skip is 1 or No skip. You can turn on Turbo Mode at the speed Option.

DBKHD

Elite Saiyan
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 5, 2022
Despite me not being regularly involved in this community, I've been actively checking out your progress on your hack and I must say I'm very impressed. I've never played it and yet I can tell that your hack is one of the best out there, along with Pokemon Adventure series, Liquid Crystal, and AshGray. Those are the only best hacks ever made, and all the others are beneath my notice. I'm eagerly looking forward to playing your hack when Beta 3 comes out. My question is, will the next beta cover the entire Taejo region?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
my game seem freeze after the first scene with suicine, the screen goes black no matter how long i wait
is it common?
I'm using the latest build, and played in my android with gameboid
patched with rom patcher apk in my android too

iPika

Crytec
Years
my game seem freeze after the first scene with suicine, the screen goes black no matter how long i wait
is it common?
I'm using the latest build, and played in my android with gameboid
patched with rom patcher apk in my android too
I know that feel bro. Press start. Then press B. Then press the down button. You will miss a cut scene but its not that big of a deal.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
Yeah, I have not implemented into the scripts to check for gender. The female counterpart will be excluded in Beta 2 since the story revolves around a teenage male and his younger brother.

I'll say this, ur taking a bold move exculding females. u might lose support doing that.

Years
So Eevee learns Flametrower, Ice Beam and Volt bolt (<-- Costum move???).
Than I assume eevee's special attack stat is boosted? :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I'm kinda lost here. I'm in a cave and I have no idea what to do. I forgot where I came from.

Keep running around in that switch around 50 times. There is a counter that is active in that location. When you have gathered up enough energy a door will open. Also, if you walk too far away from the switch the counter will reset causing you to start over.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Can I beta-test? Your hack seems interesting.....
Yeah. Sure!
----------
As everybody probably noticed. I had been extremely inactive as of late. However, that does not mean progress has slowed down. I had also been quite busy with some other summer related real world things. However, I will soon have tons of free time starting in August. I plan to release beta 3 before September sometime. I really want to.
My last workings was the completion of the extended portion of National Park which will be HUGE with tons of items, events, things to be explored. Stay tuned! And there will be more 6th generation Pokémon.
----------
Also, August 1 will mark the second anniversary of this thread, haha.

Back