• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 3DS Technology - A new dawn for Pokemon?

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Okay, so I wanted to make a thread asking you guys what 3DS features we can expect to see in these new games. good thing I checked if it was made previously

Yea we can expect streetpass and spotpass, but what about the actual 3D effect the system is capable of? Do you guys think it'll be able to play a significant role in some areas or puzzles akin to Super Mario 3D Land where the 3D effects were indeed used intuitively and efficiently?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Imo, no doubt it will probably play a role in pokemon battles or in certain gym puzzles. Some areas and events might be akin to the 3-D effects too. (like maybe that fire-pillar room from the trailer?)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
Features

(Moved from my topic)
Does anyone have any ideas on some of the ways X and Y would use the 3DS's features?
Streetpass,Spotpass,Cameras, Pedometer, Play Coins, ect

I personally think they could use Streetpass to collect trainer data and put trainers in a special place to battle (Like a Trainer Park or something)
Spotpass could be used for trading when others aren't online... Or even giving gifts (Pokemon,Items,ect)
Cameras for Custom Box/Gear BG
Pedometer for the same thing HG/SS used the pokewalker for.

Any other Ideas?

Expanding on what's been brought up and What I already posted above,
I think Streetpass shouldn't be used for trades, but for battles. I wouldn't want to trade randomly with people I walk past once or twice, ever. But if you got their team and battle data (To set their difficulty) that would be better.
Also giving Items and berries similar to on the Dreamworld

Spot pass could be for trades (Especially when your trading with friends over seas)
Maybe also for gifting Items, Pokemon and Letters so you don't have to catch a random Pokemon to give an Item. Maybe have some sort of post office in the game where you can receive all your packages; Gifts from friends, Mystery Gifts, ect

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Honestly id like to see them try bringing likening to the real world similar to the dream radar. Like when you go to the safari zone, if they put on in these games you could choose an option that would allow you to look for pokemon using the camras, so you could catch pokemon in your house, a park, or anywhere you can think of. I think they could pull that off and use spot pass to change the pokemon you can find that way every week or so. Or if it was possible to have the 3ds be able to tell what the environment is and place certain pokemon there. I also had the same idea as someone on here about QR codes, sorry I have forgotten you un, but they could use that for event items and pokemon as well.

Back