• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: RS Major Tileset Hack

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Sorry for double posting, but I finally fixed the routine for Emerald! (almost perfect)
0x88DB6, 0x88D68, and 0x88D54 need to be overwritten with 0A XX XX 01, where XX stands for bytes that you DO NOT change.

Then, paste 00 B5 40 69 C0 21 49 00 A0 22 92 00 FF F7 78 FF 01 BC 00 47 in 0x88D78, and test it out. Ta-da!

I found the solution when I copied over some bytes from FR, and kept messing with them until everything was coming out correctly. This included fixing the bl $08088c78 which was shifted over two bytes (and therefore I wrote my own bl).

Thank goodness there isn't a thread revival limit here!

I did what diegoisawesome said to do here, but my tileset 0 in Emerald still only holds 1FF blocks instead of Firered's 27F. Please tell me I grossly misunderstood what I was doing and that I'm missing a simple step somewhere. AdvanceMap's .ini has already been edited to what the original post suggested.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Thank goodness there isn't a thread revival limit here!

I did what diegoisawesome said to do here, but my tileset 0 in Emerald still only holds 1FF blocks instead of Firered's 27F. Please tell me I grossly misunderstood what I was doing and that I'm missing a simple step somewhere. AdvanceMap's .ini has already been edited to what the original post suggested.
By blocks, do you mean blocks made out of tiles? If so, this isn't what you need. This hack changes the amount of TILES, not the number of BLOCKS.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
By blocks, do you mean blocks made out of tiles? If so, this isn't what you need. This hack changes the amount of TILES, not the number of BLOCKS.

OH! Okay, so this is really only half of what it takes to make Emerald's tilesets work exactly as Firered's does.

I suppose I'll start searching around for how to change the block amount as well. (Can you tell I haven't done any hacking in a while?)

Back