• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Lincoln and Sir Bastian: You're right, the day is coming to a close soon. I'll probably be sending out the announcement within a couple of days now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Ah that's cool, at the very least we can do introductions and stuff then. Thanks for the heads up Yellow.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Thanks for the heads up Yellow! :) And yeah, a few days is plenty of time.

And hey Linc, I like you :3 You're just as obsessed with RP as I am. *Currently spamming the heck out of the refresh button*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Ha, cheers man. Hopefully Linc and Daniel can get a rivalry and/or friendship running at some stage. We'll have to see if Daniel can put up with Linc.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I'm sorry but I might not be posting for a while because I'm moving and have no internet :( I'm going to try to get online at school. Once again I'm sorry.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Go right ahead Immort, I think we're kind of full in the arena anyway xD RP between three people is tough enough as it is. But, at least Byron got introduced!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Update time! :D

On hand:

501.gif

Species: Oshawott
Nickname: Yaibe
Lvl: 25
Moves: Swords Dance, Razor Shell, Focus Energy, Double Team, X-Scissor, Water Pulse

570.gif

Species: Zorua
Nickname: Mistress
Lvl: 24
Moves: Shadow Ball, Fake Tears, Faint Attack, Dark Pulse, Scary Face, Calm Mind

At storage/home:
None

UPDATE: Yaibe leveled up by 5. Mistress leveled up by 6 (decided to pull back a bit, also she faced 4 Pokemon & fainted which would equal 9 level ups, but I pulled back a bit). Yaibe has forgotten Water Gun & learned Water Pulse. Mistress has forgotten Captivate *Mistress is cheering* & learned Scary Face. *cheering more*

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Team Update Time!

Spr_4h_220.png

Speices: Swinub(M)
Name: Wilson
Ability: Thick Fat
Lv: 26 (23+3 since he fainted in the battle against Ellie)
Moves: Ice Shard, Avalanche, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Roar, Endure

Ignored learning Icy Wind.

Spr_4d_287.png

Speices: Slakoth(M)
Name: Slackey
Ability: Truant
Lv: 15
Moves: Slack Off, Hone Claws, Shadow Claw, Chip Away, Endure, Gunk Shot

Spr_4h_156.png

Speices: Quilava(M)
Name: Quillie
Ability: Blaze
Lv: 20 (17+3 since he fainted in the battle against Rama)
Moves: Eruption, Quick Attack, Double Kick, Crush Claw, Extrasensory, Will-o-Wisp

Ignored learning Flame Wheel.

Spr_5b_535.png

Speices: Tympole(M)
Name: Katam
Ability: Hydration
Lv: 18 (15+3 since he fainted in the battle against Ellie)
Moves: Bubble, Bubblebeam, Round, Growl, Supersonic, Mud Shot

Katam learned Mud Shot!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
My turn

Ellie (Espeon)- Level 22 (+2 for fighting in two battles)- Quick Attack, Flail, Iron Tail, Shadow Ball, Dig, Psychic
Rama (Zorua) Level 26 (+3 for fighting Quillie and fainting)- Scratch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse, Return, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack
Volca (Larvesta) Level 27 (+1 because he fought but didn't get to beat Wilson)-Take Down, Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Flamethrower, String Shot, Psychic
Pala (Cubchoo) Level 20- Powder Snow, Growl, Bide, Icy Wind, Fury Swipes
Rei (Lapras) Level 19-Sing, Water Gun, Confuse Ray, Ice Shard, Water Pulse, Body Slam

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Sorry Yellow but i as well have an update, on Jason's teams

Electrike ♂ - Lv 22 (Gained 3 levels by fighting Gen's Shock (Joltik) & Hyper (Elekid) with Ralts/Kirlia and fainting)
309.gif

Moves - Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Rest, Rain Dance, Spark (Learns Spark by leveling up)

Kirlia ♂ - Lv 22 (Gained 3 Levels by fighting Gen's Shock (Joltik) & Hyper (Elekid) with Electrike and fainting)
281.gif

Moves - Confusion, Synchronoise, Teleport, Double Team, Magical Leaf (Learns Magical Leaf by leveling up)

Any objections? :)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
So many leveling updates :o
I forgot how it worked, was it 1 level up per Pokémon your Pokémon fights and 2 if they lose the fight? And do you get levels in any other way?

Oh, and do you decide when said Pokémon learn new moves?

Aaand I also just read the rules a little more closely and found out that speed doesn't help with avoiding attack. Well crap, so if my Raichu uses Agility, her high speed is not enough to avoid an attack or two? (Depending on the attack of course)

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
I forgot how it worked, was it 1 level up per Pokémon your Pokémon fights and 2 if they lose the fight? And do you get levels in any other way?

Aaand I also just read the rules a little more closely and found out that speed doesn't help with avoiding attack. Well crap, so if my Raichu uses Agility, her high speed is not enough to avoid an attack or two? (Depending on the attack of course)

Well, this is how it works.

Pokémon get 1 level for defeating a wild Pokémon,
2 levels for defeating another trainer's Pokémon,

Pokémon get one EXTRA level if they fainted in a battle.

Well, I don't know about the others, but I follow the learnset from Pokémon Black/White.

As you said, it depends on the attack. If it's a physical attack, meaning that it does contact, then yes. If your Pokémon is faster then the opponent's Pokémon then it can be appropriate to dogde that way. As for special attacks, not so much. Think of it like this, being able to dodge a special attack without accuracy-reason or something along tose lines would be like dodging a bullet. Kinda impossible.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

The leveling mechanics are located within a spoiler within the rules spoilers. :P

But yeah, speed is not evasion. The only way speed can be used to avoid being hit is to stay away from close range attacks. That doesn't mean run away. That means /never get close/. If your Raichu gets close to the opposing pokemon, it forfeits the right to pull a "too far away to be hit with that attack" for the turn automatically.

Also, all your team updates are cool. Thanks :P

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hmh, alright then... would it be alright if I altered Agility to another move? I've made Daniel's Raichu to be rather fast, so I sort of needed some kind of move that allowed her to dodge an attack every now and then.

Would it be alright if I switched it out with... Double Team? I know a couple of people are already using it, but it looks like there's not any other evasive/accuracy lowering moves she can learn. Other than Sand-attack, and that's not a very viable option :P

Hmh, alright then... would it be alright if I altered Agility to another move? I've made Daniel's Raichu to be rather fast, so I sort of needed some kind of move that allowed her to dodge an attack every now and then.

Would it be alright if I switched it out with... Double Team? I know a couple of people are already using it, but it looks like there's not any other evasive/accuracy lowering moves she can learn. Other than Sand-attack, and that's not a very viable option :P

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Sorry Yellow but i as well have an update, on Jason's teams

Electrike ♂ - Lv 22 (Gained 3 levels by fighting Gen's Shock (Joltik) & Hyper (Elekid) with Ralts/Kirlia and fainting)
309.gif

Moves - Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Rest, Rain Dance, Spark (Learns Spark by leveling up)

Kirlia ♂ - Lv 22 (Gained 3 Levels by fighting Gen's Shock (Joltik) & Hyper (Elekid) with Electrike and fainting)
281.gif

Moves - Confusion, Synchronoise, Teleport, Double Team, Magical Leaf (Learns Magical Leaf by leveling up)

Any objections? :)

A Team Update you say?

phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

Sorry, I had to... -_-'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back