• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Birdlijkon
The Awesome Flying Bird Pokemon​
attachment.php

Years
[C&C] First Time Sprites

Right so this is the first time i've tried doing anything remotely similiar to this

I was wondering if you could be so kind as to tell me what needs changed because I know there will be faults being my first time ..

Or even better if anyone wants to improve them for me :P

attachment.php

Years
Merged Dave's thread into the Sprite Recolours and Fusions thread. The trainer sprites are more like splices rather than custom, scratched trainer sprites.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
Years
qrm5bd.png

Lilac Arcanine sprite set :) I might not like recolours when people pass them off as their own, or create neon Sonic "OCs", but they're a good way to waste a few minutes on a lazy day ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Meh... I was bored one day and decided to try a style like Hotel Dusk's sprites on Pokemon sprites. Result:

hdhera.gif
hdarcanine.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
kantostartersdevampbw.png

My first shot at devamping.
I really love the Kanto Starters that's why I tried with them.

Larkand

Soldier of Time
Years
Some newer fusions:
d8xyb.png
Mienshao + Archen
FNUtl.png
Marshtomp + Croagunk
RjaaT.png
Rotom + Reuniclus

Older fusions:
s687K.gif
Mismagius + Drifblim
1gLY8.gif
Combusken + Toxicroak
Ldcct.gif
Weavile + Torterra + Ampharos
lu5aM.gif
Arceus + Giratina

Some old recolours and edits:
vJ6GL.png
Rapidash recoloured as Arcanine
LJCKr.gif
Nidoran recoloured as Glalie
nRv7x.png
Mawile recoloured to look like a poison type
lftD3.png
Koffing recoloured to look like a fire type

Also a question!
Would it be ok to make a thread and post these along with sprites like this, or should I continue posting them all here?

Last edited:
Years
s687K.gif
1gLY8.gif
Ldcct.gif
lu5aM.gif
vJ6GL.png
nRv7x.png

These are some very clean fusions. Well done. The Mismagius and Drifblim one especially looks fantastically blended together, particularly how you used both sprites to get that scary face. Some of them, like the Weavile/Torterra blend, look slightly off because some areas like the head use a fair amount of black outlining while other areas like the tree, tail and hands don't seem to have any.

And if you want to show made-from-scratch work in a thread along with fusions the rules say as long as you have enough original work it's okay.

Cipherof3vil

Sprite lover
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 6, 2011
Noob spritework?

I just started yesterday... and would ya look at that, I've got just four.

First real work.
Trainer Selene
Ctrainer2.png

Recolor, small edits.
Dark/Undead/Necrotic Blissey:
DarkBliss.png

Infernal Gengar. "Redgar"
Redgarnb.png

(Terrible, poor): Foul Togekiss:
rtrddtgkss.png

Bonuses:
Card: (Uses pre-fixed Trainer sprite)
Ccard.png

Team (also uses old sprite before fixed)
CTeam.png

*flinches*
Let there be criticism (or who knows what. the rules here seem to be a mile long)! *submits thread*

EDIT: wow... Foul Togekiss in the card is really bad.

Update.
Edit of Necro Bliss
DarkBliss-1.png

Last edited:

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
Years
Wow your trainer looks amazing! thr recolours are not so good, by the way dont use sprites that are mid way through movement like your Togekiss, all the lines look shabby, use the base sprite :) but seriously that trainer looks amazing!

Years
I agree with that guy ^
But i think the only problem with the recolours is that the colours are to bright and surreal. pokemon usually use very subtle tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back