• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
As much as I hate to say it, no one has any reason to anticipate a demo any time soon. Over the many years, there have been countless empty promises, regarding this project.

Jeez. This is the second time you've done this, blueguy.
Why bother repeating yourself. We get it.
You don't think a demo will come? Fine. Then just stop posting in the thread.
It's just spam.

Infact.
I'm hitting the report button.
People like you can't be allowed to get away with spamming topics.
Just because you believe a demo won't come out, doesn't mean it won't.
Games take time and anyone who appreciates a good game, has patience.
Anyone else who actually wants to play this game has been patient and are waiting.

No matter how long it takes, be it a few months or years before a demo comes out, we can wait.
If you can't, then don't bother posting, it's just spam and you aren't helping or contributing to the thread at all.

BACK ON TOPIC...
Out of curiosity, even though there was barely some minor changes storyline-wise when it came to HG/SS, is Acanthite considered a prequel to the originals or the remakes now?

Last edited:

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Jeez. This is the second time you've done this, blueguy.
Why bother repeating yourself. We get it.
You don't think a demo will come? Fine. Then just stop posting in the thread.
It's just spam.

Infact.
I'm hitting the report button.
People like you can't be allowed to get away with spamming topics.
Just because you believe a demo won't come out, doesn't mean it won't.
Games take time and anyone who appreciates a good game, has patience.
Anyone else who actually wants to play this game has been patient and are waiting.

No matter how long it takes, be it a few months or years before a demo comes out, we can wait.
If you can't, then don't bother posting, it's just spam and you aren't helping or contributing to the thread at all.

BACK ON TOPIC...
Out of curiosity, even though there was barely some minor changes storyline-wise when it came to HG/SS, is Acanthite considered a prequel to the originals or the remakes now?

LOL

No offense, but sit down, and zip it, fanboy. :) Just to let you know, expressing an opinion that you disagree with isn't "spam." Everyone fapping out one-liners to some of the recent designs that have been posted is okay though, right? Yeah... I thought so. Fangking is a big boy; he doesn't need you policing this thread, and shouting at strangers. And by the way, it isn't your job to decide what "spam" is. I have a right to post what I want, where I want, and what I posted was perfectly acceptable and valid.

The main point I want to make is that there have been many promises, so I, myself, am not optimistic about the possibility of a demo. Would I still like one? Yes. Do I understand that a fan project is just that, a project made by fans in their free time for fun. Yes. Because I'm not stupid. So, thank you for taking the time to state the obvious, but it's cool. I commend you though... for not "allowing" me to "get away with" my "spamming." You're acting like I killed a fluffy kitty cat, simply because I expressed doubt about the future of the demo. And by the way, there isn't any reason why I shouldn't be doubtful about the future of the demo.

That doesn't mean that I'm disrespecting the people who have worked on the project at all. If anything, I, like many, am simply exasperated by how long I have wanted to play. And that's not an unfair feeling to have. I would also like to point out that the next time I would like advice about whether what I am posting is acceptable, or if I should, I will let you know. Until then, please mind your own business and get off your very high horse.

Thanks. :)

Don't view or post on this project's thread, then, if you're that averse to it :S

We're aware of past failure, hindered further by having used three different engines and the changes forcing restarts, which is why the structures are now in place to generate productivity. Get over yourself.
I don't have aversion to the project, and am free to view, and post in the thread til the cows come home. I don't have anything to get over, really. Caaaalm down.
Seriously, is the only acceptable thing I can post in this thread, according to you, some sort of blind praise for... what?

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
I don't have aversion to the project, and am free to view, and post in the thread til the cows come home. I don't have anything to get over, really. Caaaalm down.
Seriously, is the only acceptable thing I can post in this thread, according to you, some sort of blind praise for... what?

Blind praise, no. I don't expect anything of the sort. We're fully aware that promises haven't been kept for one reason or another in the past. As I've said, too much backtracking in my neverending quest for perfection. But finally we have the stable engine, we have the designs, we have the story, we have the graphics and sound, we have most of our demo crafted and refined to the standard I've dreamed of.

I don't appreciate the negativity you're pedalling, though - it's not helpful or constructive but quite the opposite. As momentum's with us, we'd like to keep it that way. All you're doing by repeatedly bleating about it not coming out ever in a million years is derailing the thread which, outside the Acanthite forum, is our main source of generating interest (and interest is often what gives us the staff and output). A little support and encouragement would be nice :) Your trolling suggests to me that you DO have an aversion to our project. If you can't bring anything constructive to the table now, then keep your thoughts to yourself for the moment and then give us feedback on the demo itself.

I hope you like your eggs on your face.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
*wall of text*

Well, first things first, I'm not a fanboy.
I just appreciate the effort they're putting in.

And whilst your point may be valid, blueguy, it doesn't mean you have to keep saying it.
Once it is said, it doesn't need saying again.

I mean, sure, there has been many a let down concerning the project but it'll be worth it in the end if they ever get there.

You've added your point. You think they'll let us down.
That's fine. That's your opinion.
But honestly, it doesn't need saying more than once and can get annoying for not just us members but the game developers when someone comes into their thread, constantly repeating about how they'll let everyone down.

But...

Simply put. Let's drop the entire subject and wait to see what happens.
One should not doubt the initiative they have until one knows full well whether they will fail or not.
Wait and see if they release a demo when they say they will, and if they don't, your opinion is reserved and you have total right to what you say.

Let's just be patient, yeah?

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010
re: acanthite

i'm insanely new here btw you mentioned unique typeing on that ice turtle guy who's name currently escapes me so what types?
yes your point is valid blueguy, but don't under estimate the game before you've tried it i hope to play it soon fangking keep up the
great work

blueguy it's not like they are nintendo they can't pay people or be paid to do it i admire them for taking on such a huge task

off topic i want to become a spriter how do i start?

and fangking there is a lot of youtube vids with many views of the pokemons concept arts that is where i saw it

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
This thread has been inactive for more than two months, meaning that only the original poster of the thread can revive it. And as you are not him, I'll have to close the thread. Fangking is more than welcome to contact me and have the thread reopened, of course.

*LOCKED*

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Typical it gets locked the day before an update ;) Anyhow.

OK, we have a demo on its way, as you have known for probably a little too long. And it's really taking shape now. Progress has been slow due to the end of year exams and real life things as always, but here we are in summer, getting back on target and it's nearly ready. There are still a number of jobs to do before the release but to whet your appetites, here's a sneak preview of what's to come:

Screenshot0.png
Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png
Screenshot3.png

Screenshot4.png
Screenshot5.png

Screenshot6.png
Screenshot7.png

Screenshot8.png
Screenshot9-1.png

Screenshot10.png
Screenshot11.png

Screenshot12.png
Screenshot13.png

Screenshot14.png
Screenshot15.png

Screenshot16.png
Screenshot17.png

Screenshot18.png
Screenshot19.png

Screenshot20.png

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
Typical it gets locked the day before an update ;) Anyhow.

OK, we have a demo on its way, as you have known for probably a little too long. And it's really taking shape now. Progress has been slow due to the end of year exams and real life things as always, but here we are in summer, getting back on target and it's nearly ready. There are still a number of jobs to do before the release but to whet your appetites, here's a sneak preview of what's to come:

Screenshot0.png
Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png
Screenshot3.png

Screenshot4.png
Screenshot5.png

Screenshot6.png
Screenshot7.png

Screenshot8.png
Screenshot9.png

Screenshot10.png
Screenshot11.png

Screenshot12.png
Screenshot13.png

Screenshot14.png
Screenshot15.png

Screenshot16.png
Screenshot17.png

Screenshot18.png
Screenshot19.png

Screenshot20.png

Enjoy :)
Holy custom graphics, Batman.

All looks good, and I'm looking forward to the demo. But, I don't know if you noticed this typo or if the spelling check hasn't been completed for every part, but it's "practiCe," not "practiSe." Funny, that may be the only thing wrong I've seen in this entire thing. Can't wait till this is released.

Also, is this game going to have official Pokemon, or will they all be Fakemon? I just noticed the lack of officials in the screenshots.

DigimonMaster

Lurkermon
Years
Looks, great all around around. Can't wait to see more, I continue to really enjoy the fakemon appearing in this game. Aside from a minor spelling error (practise should be practice) it all looks very professional.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Fixed the spelling error and replaced the screenshot, thanks for pointing it out :)

Just to answer the question about official Pokémon, yes, they will appear in Acanthite. These screens have been picked to show off a few sprites of our new Pokémon though, since sprites have been kept under wraps for the mostpart.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Can't wait to play the demo of the first fangame I ever saw. Those screens are great, you've fixed the one downside to Acanthite, graphics. I especially like the insides of the houses.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Not being two months yet .... Anybody else think the water and grass type starters look very similar in their base stage?

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
It looks really good! Like better, so much better since the first time I saw it, and even then to me it was the bar for Pokemon fangames. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to play yer demo! :3

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Went on the official site a couple of weeks ago; the new radish line looks a lot better than the Gobleaf line overall.

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
This looks awesome.
Reminds me of Torzach whenever it was still making progress.
Hope this one finishes :]

Poison Master

Poison'd You.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2010
While I was reading most of the post in this thread, I was worried it was dead.

But it's been revived, so I hope tosee this get done. I love the sprites, and what not. Custom Grahpics look AMAZING , keep up on the good work.

- Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back