• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] F13rC Pulse Fakedex

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Hello there, I'm going to be posting some of my own fakemon here
Many of these were made with the intent of replacing original Pokemon in their role (usually by typing, appearance, family, region, some other similarity)
I have ideas for over a few hundred of my own mons but haven't drawn them all, and the ones that I have can use some improvements here and there

To start with, some attempts at sprites!

First is an oldie that will be redone since I have redrawn this, but don't have the most recent with me so that'll have to wait
musdkal_by_fang_facestudios-d6b8pk4.png

Musdkal Grass/Ground, Thistle Seed Fakemon Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Oddish, Habitats: Savantus Desert
Originally the eyes on its body were heat sensory organs that worked like a snake
But it was kind of hostile for a starter to I did away with that and now it has a gleeful little face

Second up is something I did not too long ago and a bit better
deciclir_sprite_by_fang_facestudios-d8qwqo8.png

Deciclir Poison/Ice, Tangy Icicle Fakemon Stage 1 of 2, Replaces Grimer, Habitats: Subzer Pass, Glacial Sea
Like a sauropod slime with crystals embedded into it, or at least that's what I envisioned when I first thought it up
Stretches like gum and can sometimes be found by ice fishing or patrolling icy cave corridors

Scraps of things that're mostly concepts or early draws:

Deciclir's original drawing that I used when making it a sprite
deciclir_drawing_by_fang_facestudios-d8qwt0a.jpg

Some more complete art:

A family loosely based on Nepenthes Rajah, a type of pitcher plant
Pretty stylized I'd say, definitely strayed from the source as I kept redrawing it
nerenthnap_sketch_by_fang_facestudios-d8rtalt.jpg

Nerenthnap Grass/Dark, Jungle's Grasp Fakemon Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Bellsprout, Habitats: Tikivine Jungle, Tikivine Pikes

More to come and I'm working hard to up the quality

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Update!

Rajansnare was a difficult one to get down, but at least its come together quite nicely
rajansnare_v4_by_fang_facestudios-d8sff4q.jpg

Just needs to be redrawn and colored

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
your drawings are pretty good. i like how you are able to draw and then translate it into a sprite. the only spriting i can do is recoloring or fusions. my advice for spriting is to work on shading. one thing is to get rid of that black heavy outline. if you want to make some sort of an outline, use a darker shade of the color or make some shadows. for the drawings, i would try to make the drawings not so choppy. i can see where you kind of start and end in the drawings. a better way probably to describe it is to make it more smooth. anyways, nice job(: can't wait to see more of your work.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
your drawings are pretty good. i like how you are able to draw and then translate it into a sprite. the only spriting i can do is recoloring or fusions. my advice for spriting is to work on shading. one thing is to get rid of that black heavy outline. if you want to make some sort of an outline, use a darker shade of the color or make some shadows.
Yeah, I'm not that great with the outlining and shading process for sprites
I did mix in some darker shades of the colors I used for parts of the outline based on what I saw in a Swadloon sprite and tried to apply it, but maybe I messed up when I did it since it isn't very apparent
But I'm reasonably happy with the ease of transitioning the shape of the drawing into the shape of the sprite, with the exception of some of the smaller bits

i would try to make the drawings not so choppy. i can see where you kind of start and end in the drawings. a better way probably to describe it is to make it more smooth. anyways, nice job(: can't wait to see more of your work.
It was a little bad in those first few images because I was using a finer pen that also did not like to go very far without petering out
I may need to get a better pen for this and improve my ability to go over my pencil lines without getting nervous
Also thanks for responding, I hope to be able to have a steady flow of things even if it isn't all new stuff and I'm eager to improve

Two new drawings:

Redrew Penatchin again and gave him a smile that seems characteristic of the other two in his family and worked out some of his features so they translate a bit better
penatchin_v3_by_fang_facestudios-d8sn7kr.jpg

Seeing this upgrade from the last one makes me think I can get a better Rajansnare out of me, but I'm going to focus on some other things since the family is looking good right now

Got an adorable addition for my bat family
embat_capture_by_fang_facestudios-d8sn77i.jpg

Embat Fire/Flying, Wing Cape Fakemon Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Zubat, Habitats: Ozus Volcano

Welp, since it's the weekend I'll probably have more time to work with on more things

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Thought it wouldn't take long to get these next two out, but I dabbled in some Photoshop magic to clean out some of the lines and one of my fakemon went through a few new iterations before I found it presentable.

Among my favorite ideas for a replacer fakemon, particularly in how it feels like it'd be a fun partner and encounter in game.
It had some nostrils that I regretted inking in so I figured out how to photoshop them and the lines in the notebook I drew it in out, first attempt on that.
mmerscyl_by_fang_facestudios-d8sr0b3.jpg

Mmerscyl Water/Dark, Hammer Ray Fakemon Stage 1 of 2, Replaces Mantyke, Habitats: Port Inmai

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Update time!

Slowly we transition from mostly having lines, to having less apparent lines
An updated Chorrid
chorrid_sketch_by_fang_facestudios-d8tgcsb.jpg

Starting this addition and beyond, I'm feeling like I can try and make my Fakemon look more like Pokemon than before
towusk_by_fang_facestudios-d8u0deo.jpg

Towusk Dark/Rock, Clever Prawn Fakemon Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Roggenrola, Habitats: Jagthon Maze, Jagthon Bluffs

Tried a male and female to represent gender differences in this next pair (only first stages right now
First is male, second is female
blisted_male_by_fang_facestudios-d8u0d7u.jpg

blisted_female_by_fang_facestudios-d8u0d03.jpg

Blisted Grass/Fire, Fiery Weed Fakemon Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Budew, Habitats: Jagthon Maze

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Now that I'm moving to making my concept sketches in my lined notebook and making the drawings that I post on good old white paper, it is now feasible to put coloring effort into them
Gonna be a while before I get any new sprites down because I'm trying to get a better grip on sprite shading by making 3D models in Blender as a guide
Possibly overly unnecessary, but if I can learn how to do it well then why not?

Not a big update but it took a while and is a new Fakemon (older ones will get redrawn in hopefully better poses, but definitely want them colored)
seathill_colored_small_by_fang_facestudios-d8uwvow.jpg

Seathill Fire/Poison, Vile Strain Fakemon Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Charmander, Starter Fakemon, Habitat: Crebroll Mounds
Dex Entry 1: "Seathill's venom from its quills and stinger is commonly described to feel exactly like touching a hot stove."
Dex Entry 2: "Seathill's bands contain a poison that causes symptoms of a mild "warm cold," which only effects Fire Type Pokemon."
Abilities: Blaze/Inflammation - "Increases burn damage gradually and intensifies poison" (When inflicted by user: Burn damage increases by x% each turn, Poison lowers target's attack by 1/4)

Seathill went through a few variations where he looked sorta like a mammal, had spots, had a syringe tail, had a thermometer nose, and was much bigger, but I shrunk him down for the awesome.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Redrew this one because I felt it was a little large for a stage 1 bug
hayinger_by_fang_facestudios-d8v5pw1.jpg

Hayinger Bug/Grass, Straw Earwig Fakemon Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Weedle, Habitats: Winding Pasture, Whetumb Pass
Dex Entry 1: "Hayinger enjoys concealing itself and springing out at humans from beneath bushels of hay, briefly standing on its hind legs."
Dex Entry 2: "The extremities of Hayinger's tail and legs are all covered in straw hairs that brush attackers, pacifying angered foes."
Abilities: Swarm/Straw Brush - "Lowers target's stats more effectively" (ex. 1 stat drop is x% more effective when user lowers it)

Trying to get some of my older mons colored as I move along, with some minor edits here and there
The colors were a little hard to decide for this one
nerenthnap_color_by_fang_facestudios-d8vec0g.jpg

Nerenthnap Grass/Dark, Jungle's Grasp Fakemon Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Bellsprout, Habitats: Tikivine Jungle, Tikivine Pikes
Dex Entry 1: "The leaves on its back respond to the movement of its prey. Nerenthnap plots its ambush when its territory is breached"
Dex Entry 2: "By fanning the air with its large leaves, Nerenthnap can leap forward and ensnare its opponent."
Abilities: Insectivore - "Receives normal damage from Bug type attacks, while dealing 1.5 damage to Bug types."

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Update time

Delinked this mon being associated with Scylla so it is renamed
I'm mostly happy for the direction it's going in, just may need a redraw or possibly a recolor
mmeray_by_fang_facestudios-d8w73xe.jpg

Mmeray Water/Dark, Hammer Ray Fakemon, Stage 1 of 2, Replaces Mantyke, Habitat: Port Inmai
Dex Entry 1: "It is said to paralyze unsuspecting fishermen in fear when it suddenly jumps out of the water and spreads its fins."
Dex Entry 2: "Mmeray are capable of flight, but only during moonlit nights will it actively achieve more than a short glide over the water."
Abilities: Intimidate/Limber

Didn't change much except its stance and its feet, but all it needs is some recoloring
Just need to figure out something that goes well with it
embat_colored_by_fang_facestudios-d8wbmzr.jpg

Embat Fire/Flying, Wing Cape Fakemon, Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Zubat, Habitat: Ozus Volcano
Dex Entry 1: "It believes strongly that other Pokemon are jealous of its cape; Embat often will flaunt it or move to protect it."
Dex Entry 2: "Embat is very sensitive to loud noises. It will attempt to hide its face in its cape if it is scared."
Abilitity: Cute Charm

Really like how this turned out, because I was trying to update the old one's face and quickly realized in needed to change, by a lot.
flenders_colored_by_fang_facestudios-d8wf09e.jpg

Flenders Water/Steel, Bladed Fin Fakemon, Stage 1 of 2, Replaces Carvahna, Habitat: Raised Aqueducts
Dex Entry 1: "Quickly zips through the aqueducts looking for battle. It ignores fishing poles, but will stop to fight passerby surfers."
Dex Entry 2: "If agitated enough, Flenders may jump out of the water and try to fight wild Pokemon. It is strong enough to keep moving after this."
Ability: Strong Jaw

Tried to finish a redo of Chorrid but am having trouble getting its legs to work in a different perspective

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Getting to be a weekly thing now, not much of an update this week because my lodging was not air-conditioned and it was not very comfortable to sit down (or stand) and do anything

I updated the shading on Embat, if I can get any input on whether that shading looks any good or not and I'll keep working at it from that angle
Otherwise I'll keep at what I left off in the latest Flenders

I liked the idea of the male/female split for this particular fakemon family, but only was able to progress one of the two genders as of now, will keep at the female one until I get one that works
blisted_male_by_fang_facestudios-d8xcg72.jpg

Blisted (♂) Grass/Fire, Wild Brush Fakemon, Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Budew, Habitat: Jagthon Maze

Gave this one some Pokefying in this redraw, had to change up its legs most importantly, very hard to work with as they were
chorrid_by_fang_facestudios-d8xcmnc.jpg

Chorrid Dark/Poison, Forest Fiend Fakemon, Stage 1 of 3, Replaces Nidoran♂, Habitat: Dopshade Forest

Things for the future: More Fakemon! Shading for the colored Blisted (♂) and Chorrid
Things to be Redrawn: Mmeray, Hayinger Seathill, Towusk, Chirflare, Penatchin, Rajansnare, Crowvey, Blisted(♀)

Jun 18:
Why no update this week?
Wanted to give spriting another go and I think I found a very convenient way to get the base of a drawing to the fine editing stage, but since I started late and these can take some time to make look nice I'll have to put some more time into it

Last edited:
Back