• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Does My Little Pony Friendship is Magic count? Rainbow Dash X Fluttershy is heavily hinted at in many episodes, though not enough solid proof so Hasbro can still probably deny it. (Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's "kiss" is debated. They didn't animate the 1-second kiss, but the sound effect and position was too coincidental not to be a kiss)

I guess I might as well add a topic to this topic, what do you guys think of shows/movies that hint LGBT but aren't open about it?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
LMAO.

OK so for the last week or so I've been replying to this thread in my head and thinking that I've actually replied physically when it's all just been a mental exercise. Has this ever happened to anybody before? XD

Altix said:
I wish there was a spell to make boys gay.... Oh, Harry Potter where might you be hiding?

There isn't a spell to make boys gay, but if you aim your wand at a boy and shout "Incendio" they're sure to be flaming!

-ty- said:
I was wondering what shows/movies you guys like (or dislike) to watch that have either LGBT themes or characters, ie. Glee, The New Normal, Modern Family, Brokeback Mountain, The Birdcage, ect.

Also, what would you like to see more of in LGBT-related shows?

I've bought the movie Weekend on DVD that is all about the homo, but I've yet to get around to watching it. I will though, most definitely. I'll need to be at home by myself first because nobody else in my house is gonna want to watch that, which is difficult since both my parents are currently annoyingly unemployed lol.

Other than that, I've watched Modern Family, Will & Grace (aka the best show on Earth), and just tonight I watched the pilot of The New Normal. I found it kind of... eh. There were some funny parts but overall it was kind of "lets SHOVE LGBT stuff down everybody's throats!" which I didn't like since it was very overt and not all that cleverly done. It was only the pilot though and a lot of shows stumble on their pilots so I'll give it a few episodes before I make my decision completely!

As for what I'd like to see more, I'd like to see more gay people just living like normal people. Grey's Anatomy and Buffy were great with the way they handled this; they handled their homosexual couples the same way they handled their heterosexual ones. Doing things in their life that have nothing to do with them being gay. Gay is secondary to the character and whatnot.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
If it helps give you an impression at all, The New Normal has been out for quite a while here in the US, and I find it to be really good. The pilot was way too fast and tried to force the background everything is going to build upon, but the latter episodes cool their jets and do a pretty good job at portraying the difficulties of being LGBT, family, and love in general. My Dad says its his favorite show, actually. XD;

I like to pretend it takes place in an alternate universe where Doug from the Hangover is gay. So personally, I'm just waiting for the episode where Zack Galifianakis shows up and ruins everything.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I was wondering what shows/movies you guys like (or dislike) to watch that have either LGBT themes or characters, ie. Glee, The New Normal, Modern Family, Brokeback Mountain, The Birdcage, ect.

Hana Kimi most definitely :3 Heartwarming, funny, and very amusing TV show~

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hana Kimi, Coffee Prince, and Last Friends could count as LGBT in a way, even if they're all gender bender related. v w v

And as for that picture, ohmygod that is adorable.. I've never quite thought of Pokemon relationships in that way before, but that's a good message.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Please take time out your busy day to take a look at this image.

Click Here.

I can't find anything I like more than this.

i'm crying this is perfect

Glee, Modern Family, Will and Grace etc. I haven't watched The New Normal yet. Which is weird because It's something I'd watch, o well. As for the other question, Andy answered it perfectly imo.

There isn't a spell to make boys gay, but if you aim your wand at a boy and shout "Incendio" they're sure to be flaming!

100% the best thing that i've seen you post.

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
Its rather unfortunate that half of the state is for amendments that would encourage and cause more discrimination towards those LGBT citizens. Its so aggravating to see those numbers of people who are against it, maybe its because I grow up in an a more accepting area and homophobia and transphobia isn't seen as much as other places, but its sad to know that there is still at least half of the country that thinks we all don't deserve the rights of others.

You know, I'm going to assume that in the next twenty years (Assuming our leaders are those who support LGBT-ness) that the gates will open everywhere, and maybe a constitutional amendment towards marriage as well as transgender equality.

Oh on other news, I've confronted my friends on my thoughts in person; and I have to say that it went well.

Shining Raichu

Years
Wow welcome back, Freaky!

SchwarzRozen said:
Oh on other news, I've confronted my friends on my thoughts in person; and I have to say that it went well.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this XD. What do you mean you confronted them on your thoughts?

TornZero said:
One presidential candidate in support of marriage equality, comin' at us on a silver platter. Meanwhile, if we imagine a world where Romney's in charge, I think we can wholeheartedly exaggerate that the United States would literally split in two.

Wait wait, even the whole Obama support thing aside, does this mean we're about to take Washington?

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Its rather unfortunate that half of the state is for amendments that would encourage and cause more discrimination towards those LGBT citizens. Its so aggravating to see those numbers of people who are against it, maybe its because I grow up in an a more accepting area and homophobia and transphobia isn't seen as much as other places, but its sad to know that there is still at least half of the country that thinks we all don't deserve the rights of others.

Where'd you get 'half of the country' out of half of a state?

Anyways, I live in Minnesota, and honestly, the 'Vote Yes' people are just plain annoying. There are more 'Vote No' commercials than 'yes', but I think the main thing is that the "vote yes'ers" have no idea what they are voting for.

Currently in Minnesota there is no legal gay marriage, in fact gay marriage was outlawed in 1997 by the Defense for Marriage Act (so yep, the same thing happened before). BUT several cities recognize CIVIL UNIONS AND MARRIAGES from other states, including Minneapolis and St. Paul. What this 'amendment' is proposing is that these cities can no longer recognize, nor can the state recognize same sex marriages from other states. It's not legalizing gay marriage, it's banning it... again.

My father is voting yes, and my mother was, but I think I put her back on the fence. My father's argument was so constrewed and made NO sense at all. He kept contradicting himself by saying things like, "I don't want the gov't to tell me what to do." When I tell him he just contradicted himself he just started to yell louder. He's one of those 'I was louder so I win' debaters. He then started to say how if we let gays get married then 'those somalis will be able to whatever they want', which makes no sense at all. I proposed the idea of giving civil unions the same rights as a marriage but outside the church, and he said "they don't deserve it."

The way the steam was coming out of his ears was pretty funny though. I love how my mom was looking at him like he was nuts.

Basically, as it is right now, I told her that voting no keeps things the same as they are. While voting yes bans it entirely and adds a new amendment to the state constitution. And I told her an AU theory, that what if same sex was the 'normal' and you were in the minority. How would you feel? That got to her I think.

Still think dad is nutso though.

Pretty damn safe to say I'm voting no.

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
One presidential candidate in support of marriage equality, comin' at us on a silver platter. Meanwhile, if we imagine a world where Romney's in charge, I think we can wholeheartedly exaggerate that the United States would literally split in two.

Comments?

Lie gary johnson also supports gay marrige and WILL make an exective order and best part churches dont have to comply win-win
(im strait just love spreading gary johnson to the people unaware who CAN vote damn age limit)

Years
Wait wait, even the whole Obama support thing aside, does this mean we're about to take Washington?
Andy, just in case you forgot here's a reminder.

Where'd you get 'half of the country' out of half of a state?
Well, about half of the US is against gay marriage. More young people are for it though, so when all the stodgy old people die we'll probably get better people running the governments across the country who will get rid of all those stupid bans.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I'm not from the US, and I don't really know what's going on there regarding gay rights/marriage. I just wanted to say that I hope the outcome of the coming elections will affect gay rights in a good way only.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, if Obama wins, nothing will change, if Romney wins, things will move backwards, and if Gary Johnson wins, Gay marriage will become legal on the federal level.

So, basically we're going to be moving backwards.

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
Well, I'm starting to accept myself more towards being MtF Transgender, I know the direction I need to go, and its towards the other gender. I'm still kind of confused and feeling quite weird about it, so I'm still somewhat genderqueer, but as for the gender I want to be identified with, it shawl be female~

Just thought I should tell the Rainbow-ers, this as I know theres a few people out here on this site who are trans*, or have gone through wonderful transformations already! I feel like if I say this update, I can connect to you guys a bit more~

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Well, I'm starting to accept myself more towards being MtF Transgender, I know the direction I need to go, and its towards the other gender. I'm still kind of confused and feeling quite weird about it, so I'm still somewhat genderqueer, but as for the gender I want to be identified with, it shawl be female~

Just thought I should tell the Rainbow-ers, this as I know theres a few people out here on this site who are trans*, or have gone through wonderful transformations already! I feel like if I say this update, I can connect to you guys a bit more~

Oh yay!

It's always good to take the first few steps into making an effort to understand yourself My advice to you is to not jump into any serious labeling or identification. That'll only hurt you down the road when you reach a couple road bumps.

For example, I have always been gay, but I didn't accept that until 14, and didn't understand it until halfway or three-fourths of the way into being 16. I wasn't really comfortable with what it meant for my life, and it constantly made me question who I was. Just be concerned with being comfortable and on good terms with yourself.

What I'm saying in a nutshell is, don't ever be anything but yourself. If you're focused on presenting yourself a certain way concerning your trans*-ness, then you're over-thinking it. Well, that's at least my philosophy with being gay. I don't know if it applies the same way to trans*, but it's still a good principle anyway.

And of course if you have any questions, I'm sure all of us are more than willing and able to answer them. Here's to your self-discovery!

*Clink glasses*

*Drinks*

*Chugs*

*Things are about to get interesting*

*Oui oui oui mon ami*

Shining Raichu

Years
Andy, just in case you forgot here's a reminder.

LOL. That's confusing for a non-American! Your naming system is ridiculous. Who puts the capital of a country in freaking Maryland? But yes I did remember, I was just wondering if we were about to take down another state haha.

---

And that's fantastic, SchwarzRozen! Thanks to watching Will & Grace as a kid, I had an easier time of accepting my homo than Kiyoshi did, and was pretty much instantly fine with it when I figured it out at age 12, but everything he said makes sense. I know for a long time I was concerned with how I presented myself being gay, because I was really afraid of being seen as a stereotype. But once I figured out for myself that I was a person rather than a stereotype it seemed to matter less what other people thought. There are many aspects to everybody and I'm sure there are many things about you that are far more interesting than your gender, and people will be sure to see it! :)

Back