• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Years
This thread is for members to check whether their signature is within our requirements. To summarize as per our rules:

Signatures cannot exceed 350 pixels in height total.
Signatures are exactly that: signatures. They're simply used for better identification of the poster and a form of expression on a forum. They do not need to take up any more space than the content of your post. Signatures larger than 350 pixels in height are larger than they need to be. This includes blank space, text, images, and CSS.

Signatures cannot exceed 600 pixels in width.
The total width of a signature cannot exceed 600 pixels in width. Images stretch the forum for smaller styles, and 600 pixels is the point where some of our smaller width styles and smaller screen resolutions start to break the HTML tables if something is too large in the post content. Text is permitted to exceed this limit.

CSS cannot exceed 600 pixels in width.
We need to clarify that while CSS can be fluid; a signature doesn't need to take up that much space and doesn't need to be that wide. While it may not hold the risk of stretching the forum, it defeats much of the purpose of a signature to have it larger than the width of signatures. In saying that, CSS is included in the 600px width limit.

CSS width% is not allowed.
In addition to the above, and to simplify CSS for everyone -- sorry CSS-wizzes -- CSS width in percentages is not permitted. It should be noted that all staff members have the ability to view the code in your signature, and if it's found to have a width% value, it will be disabled.

There are filesize limitations for content.
Some of the users browsing the forum have slower internet speeds, so it takes longer for them to load pages than those who have faster connections. One of the many contributing aspects of loading a web page is loading images, and large file sizes heavily impact the load time of a webpage. Large file sizes for images are most commonly seen in large, animated .gif images. Your signature content may not exceed 2 megabytes in file size.

Spoiler tags are not permitted in signatures.
There isn't much of a need for them and they only take up even more space due to padding and extra blank space.

A Quick Check

Post in this thread and one of our helpful members or staff will run a check of your signature to see whether it fits within the above rules.

Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to use this thread.

Last edited:

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
I have a question. Why was my signature flagged, when I have no SPOILER code in it?
I have a banner and a quote, but no spoilers.

Also, why wouldn't a warning like this not have some sort of notification as to which staff member enabled it?

Years
I have a question. Why was my signature flagged, when I have no SPOILER code in it?
I have a banner and a quote, but no spoilers.

Also, why wouldn't a warning like this not have some sort of notification as to which staff member enabled it?
You must have had a spoiler in your signature when it got disabled, but there wasn't one now so I went ahead and removed the disable tag. 8)

And for future reference, if you have your signature disabled, you may remove the disable tag as soon as the problem is fixed! :)

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
You must have had a spoiler in your signature when it got disabled, but there wasn't one now so I went ahead and removed the disable tag. 8)

And for future reference, if you have your signature disabled, you may remove the disable tag as soon as the problem is fixed! :)

Okk I was just making sure all was good. Thank you very much!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Is the one I have right now good or do I have to take something out? (by good I mean does it fit)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'm 99% sure this is okay now, but can I get a check? :)

Guy

just a guy
Years
If you could make the CSS of your border fit at or under 600 pixels wide, that would be great. Right now it's 142 pixels over the limit.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
If you could make the CSS of your border fit at or under 600 pixels wide, that would be great. Right now it's 142 pixels over the limit.

So I should turn it to 1px or just don't put the border
Question: Still how can I make the background of the CSS light blue I'm trying for minutes now.....

Back