• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weird text symbol appearing in various texts

Years
Hi, I get these symbols in my game and in my Pokedex:
d6610622fc.png

82df5e3c37.png

This one here appeared when I tried to use \m in the text box.

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
Just my 2 cents, maybe it's because of the 1gen Pokémon font. Try temporarily switching to the default font to assess the problem.

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
Years
I guess he meant that within the font itself there is no ":" (colon) defined. Like in the following example: "Prof. Birch: with the help of..."

Maybe you try to find/get another font where there is the colon included.

Years
I guess he meant that within the font itself there is no ":" (colon) defined. Like in the following example: "Prof. Birch: with the help of..."

Maybe you try to find/get another font where there is the colon included.

actually, that's a backslash, and a clean version of pokemon essentials gs doesn't have that problem... odd

TheKenny

The only real Kenny!
Years
Hm, that's strange. I assume that you didn't change or edit the fonts, otherwise I would've said that you switch them with the fonts that are included within the Pokémon Essentials GS Kit.

Are you sure it's a backslash? In my opinion it wouldn't make sense according to the screenshots. For example the text of Prof. Birch. Or do you mean the backslash within the script itself?

Edit: Oops, I didn't read your last sentence in the first post. Are you sure it's /m? I can't find it in the messages article of the Essentials wiki.

Last edited:
Years
Hm, that's strange. I assume that you didn't change or edit the fonts, otherwise I would've said that you switch them with the fonts that are included within the Pokémon Essentials GS Kit.

Are you sure it's a backslash? In my opinion it wouldn't make sense according to the screenshots. For example the text of Prof. Birch. Or do you mean the backslash within the script itself?

Edit: Oops, I didn't read your last sentence in the first post. Are you sure it's /m? I can't find it in the messages article of the Essentials wiki.

I found the error! It's whenever you use the backslash in the game (such as \m) which is not defined, you cause some sort of weird chain reaction that causes other undefined symbols to show rather than hide. I'm going to try and edit the font to include a backslash and see if this fixes the problem

Back