• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
excuse me Chaos Rush but are you still doing the Gen V sprites project?

sorry if I bothered you it's just that it's been a while since the last update and I'm waiting for your sprites to release my new rom hack.

sorry

adipasa

Amateur Hacker
Years

sorry if I bothered you it's just that it's been a while since the last update and I'm waiting for your sprites to release my new rom hack.

sorry

I think he still doing the Gen V sprites

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
your sprites look's really good :D

Thank you adipasa. I've been working hard to get them up to par.

sorry

Chaos will finish the project, but he is still in school and he's pretty busy. Also, he is making DarkViolet, so Kanto gen sprites are necessary for his project too since he wants them in the DS style. He hasn't abandoned Gen V, I can promise you that.

Just on a side note, I only have to do Blaziken's back sprite and re-palette the back sprites to BW. Almost done with my second set. It would be done by now, but I have midterms. -_-'

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023

sorry
Yes I am still making them, but let me just give you some details about my life:

*school 5 days/week
*volunteer 3 days/week
*work 3 days/week (separate from volunteering)
*semester finals
*music-related extra-curricular activities
*any free time I have is spent weight lifting at my local gym

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
ok thanks Chaos Rush!

just knowing your still on the project makes me happy!

karatekid552

Years
Got my second set:)

torf_zps6a46879b.png
torb_zps4ce997b7.png

comf_zps22755e21.png
comb_zps9877bb58.png

blaz1_zps6107eb6e.png
blazb_zps44b443da.png

Spoiler:

Hey Chaos, just out of curiosity, what do you volunteer at?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
karatekid522, is there any chance that you could just place all of your sprites on a single sheet? That way when I get around to assembling them in Wichu's Sprite Editor format, I don't have to search through this thread for every sprite you make.

karatekid552

Years
The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

Ok, umm, would you like me to keep all of them one sheet and then keep updating that one, or just each set on one sheet?

Edit: Are you sure you don't want me to do shinies and put them into the format for Wichu's sprite editor and then all on one sheet? I feel that I have a lot more time than you so it would just make it easier for you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Ok, umm, would you like me to keep all of them one sheet and then keep updating that one, or just each set on one sheet?
All on one sheet, and keep updating that one.

Edit: Are you sure you don't want me to do shinies and put them into the format for Wichu's sprite editor and then all on one sheet?
No please don't. Because I am making minor changes to your sprites, so it would be a waste of time if you made shinies for them, because I'm going to have to make shinies of my revisions anyway.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Chaos, would you mind giving me a little feedback on things I need to work on, because I know they aren't perfect.

Thanks!
Well I would say you need to focus a bit more on smoothness. To be honest, I think some of them look kinda rushed, I can tell you right now that I won't be using your Marshtomp front sprite or your Swampert back sprite at all. (not trying to sound rude, I appreciate the fact that you're doing this, and remember that I put you on the helpers list for a reason)

karatekid552

Years
Well I would say you need to focus a bit more on smoothness. To be honest, I think some of them look kinda rushed, I can tell you right now that I won't be using your Marshtomp front sprite or your Swampert back sprite at all. (not trying to sound rude, I appreciate the fact that you're doing this, and remember that I put you on the helpers list for a reason)

Okay, I'll go back to the drawing board on those.

Don't be afraid to rip apart my sprites. I'm only trying to help you out so if you don't like them, tell me and I'll fix it:).

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
he'll need for the official sprites to come out 1st and he might not want to do it spriting is hard tedious work so no guarantees

Also, he said earlier that he will not be doing gen VI, so these will have to be special request, after the 649 project is done. We have to finish one thing before we start another.

For Chaos,
I am going back through the past nine sprites and I will make them as smooth as possible, so don't do anything with them quite yet. I'm hoping they will be ready by next week, but I will make sure to take more time on them this time.

To make Marshstomp smooth, I had to make some changes to what was in the original 80x80 sprite. Nothing major, just wanted to make sure that was okay.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I will say this again: I will NOT be doing any Generation 6 Pokemon. 649 Pokemon is already a large enough work load, I'm not adding about another 100+ to that. Not to mention, they would all have to be custom, since X and Y won't even use sprites. I doubt they'll even use sprites for the Pokedex/Summary, we'll probably just get static model shots or even Sugimori art in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back