• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Furious Flames - Fire Red Hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
I just realized something that might complicate the progression into Hoenn for this hack: Won't you guys have to include new overworld sprites for human characters that only appear in RSE? FireRed's sprites had a more traditional, top-down style than those in RSE, as seen by alternate sprites for the playable characters in the 3rd generation (Brendan and May have different OW sprtes for FR/LG from what they were in RSE, and vice versa for the FR/LG player characters' OW sprites in Emerald).

This would affect many characters in the game, including Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, Steven, Teams Aqua/Magma, and other significant characters. Do you guys already have something planned for that? I'm just asking because I've seen other hacks that use OW sprites from both games simultaneously, which looks quite distracting. Plus it looks as if you'll be making the Hoenn maps with FR tiles anyways, if the Littleroot Town pic in the OP is anything to base it off of. Not a necessity, but more of an aesthetically-pleasing choice.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
I just realized something that might complicate the progression into Hoenn for this hack: Won't you guys have to include new overworld sprites for human characters that only appear in RSE? FireRed's sprites had a more traditional, top-down style than those in RSE, as seen by alternate sprites for the playable characters in the 3rd generation (Brendan and May have different OW sprtes for FR/LG from what they were in RSE, and vice versa for the FR/LG player characters' OW sprites in Emerald).

This would affect many characters in the game, including Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, Steven, Teams Aqua/Magma, and other significant characters. Do you guys already have something planned for that? I'm just asking because I've seen other hacks that use OW sprites from both games simultaneously, which looks quite distracting. Plus it looks as if you'll be making the Hoenn maps with FR tiles anyways, if the Littleroot Town pic in the OP is anything to base it off of. Not a necessity, but more of an aesthetically-pleasing choice.

It won't be necessary to have rse people inside...and i think hoenn will be with fr lg tiles..

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
It would take a lot more time converting them to FR style, and the only ones we are going to insert are Team Magma and Aqua. How would they look in FR Style...?

Awesome. Suicune's back. :) We will try out best to get it released next week or even sooner! :)

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
Hey guys, sorry for the delay I've been quite busy but I'll resume work on the hack ASAP and should be released by this weekend (hopefully)!

this will be final relase ? (i mean the "story")
anyway great job !! :D
cant wait to play full version :)

did u plan in future to change some tiles (trees , grass) ?

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
It would take a lot more time converting them to FR style, and the only ones we are going to insert are Team Magma and Aqua. How would they look in FR Style...?

Oh, so no extra Gym Leaders or Hoenn Elite Four, then? That's OK, the ability to go to Hoenn in the first place is great enough. And I have no idea as to what overworld FR Aqua/Magma would look like. All I know is that the sprites would be quite different from what they are in RSE.

And I am happy to see Suicune back, in case anyone was wondering.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Oh, so no extra Gym Leaders or Hoenn Elite Four, then? That's OK, the ability to go to Hoenn in the first place is great enough. And I have no idea as to what overworld FR Aqua/Magma would look like. All I know is that the sprites would be quite different from what they are in RSE.

And I am happy to see Suicune back, in case anyone was wondering.

I think that the gym leaders will be in and e4 too dunno if it's possible though

blue

gucci
Years
The Elite Four & Gym Leaders will be in the game without a doubt but whether the sprites will be I don't know, if not then they will have FR OW's.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
The Elite Four & Gym Leaders will be in the game without a doubt but whether the sprites will be I don't know, if not then they will have FR OW's.
Gyms/E4 are in then? Regardless of how they're implemented, the important thing is that they will be. Well that's good to hear, I've gotten a bit confused on that based on wording. I do that sometimes...

blue

gucci
Years
Gyms/E4 are in then? Regardless of how they're implemented, the important thing is that they will be. Well that's good to hear, I've gotten a bit confused on that based on wording. I do that sometimes...

Yeah basically they will be included but they might not have the sprites from RSE so we will just use random sprites from FRLG instead.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
yeah the same problem occurred in snakewood where there wasn't any other space for ow's and so landon had a cool trainer ow and may too.
But it wouldn't matter using fr ow's at least use fr ow's that "fit " with the leader eg for roxanne use the lass ow and so on...
Also you will need a certain ticket to to hoenn ? And there will be post game events in hoenn with team magma and aqua involving groudon,kyogre and ( maybe ) rayquaza ? ( atif mentioned it)
Oh! DAMN! I can't wait for it !

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Team Magma will be in Kanto. After you beat the champion, you move to Hoenn, Littleroot Town. Team Aqua will be in Hoenn! You ctach Groudon in Kanto and Kyogre and Rayquaza in Hoenn. :)

blue

gucci
Years
yeah the same problem occurred in snakewood where there wasn't any other space for ow's and so landon had a cool trainer ow and may too.
But it wouldn't matter using fr ow's at least use fr ow's that "fit " with the leader eg for roxanne use the lass ow and so on...
Also you will need a certain ticket to to hoenn ? And there will be post game events in hoenn with team magma and aqua involving groudon,kyogre and ( maybe ) rayquaza ? ( atif mentioned it)
Oh! DAMN! I can't wait for it !

Yeah exactly, we'll probably use the Lass Sprite for Roxanne, the Beauty for Winona etc, with everything else such as battle screen sprite, teams etc will be the same as RSE except higher levels obviously considering you go to Hoenn AFTER Kanto. As Atif said after you beat the champion we will try to implement some sort of events that results in you being transported to Littleroot Town in Hoenn.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
You could add something like this : after you beat the champion you will be back in pallet town just like in normal fr and oak instead of giving you the national dex he can give you a ticket for seagallop ferries ( if possible) and saying that prof. birch invited you in hoenn or something like. that. Also im a bit comfused...will sevii isles be in ? Furthermore you could add some of the legendaries in hoenn. I am really waiting to see how you will be able to catch all of the "special" pokemon
EDIT: It's on progressing hacks !!!! Cool !

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
You will able to go to Sevii and Hoenn once you have won the League.
There will be a warp where Groudon used to be, after you have beaten him. That will teleport you to your house in Littleroot. :)
As for the Legendaries there are different ways. Deoxys will be found where the entrance of Dotted Hole is. :D And Ho-Oh and Lugia are controlled by Magma. I can't tell you the area to find these, though. :D

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
So groudon will be in sevii right ? where ruby ( the key item) was i think. Also moltres will be in mt ember? And how will we be able to get to sootopolis ? I think you said that you will add dive spots ( i know that there's a tutorial )
But another way to get to hoenn is to meet steven and he would drop you off in littleroot with his skarmory
And thanks for not using event islands ( faraway island , birth island and. navel rock ) because i remember the issue with tbe event isles in expert emerald...

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
So groudon will be in sevii right ? where ruby ( the key item) was i think. Also moltres will be in mt ember? And how will we be able to get to sootopolis ? I think you said that you will add dive spots ( i know that there's a tutorial )
But another way to get to hoenn is to meet steven and he would drop you off in littleroot with his skarmory
And thanks for not using event islands ( faraway island , birth island and. navel rock ) because i remember the issue with tbe event isles in expert emerald...

Yeah, Moltres will be in Mt. Ember and Groudon will be located somewhere in Kanto.

Just a quick update, I've been working hard on getting the wild Pokemon sorted since it was only edited upto Rock Tunnel, I'm currently on Route 14 but judging by the speed I'm getting them done a release should hopefully be out by tomorrow afternoon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
Hey, awesome hack, i rlly enjoy play every second of it :P

One question, r u going to use pokemon emerald songs? cause i love the VS. Theme of Brendan/May, n the pokemon animations, n the double battle's with random trainers, but this is a great hack, just waiting when is next beta done xD

I liked the project of Chaos Rush (Pokemon DarkViolet) too, but i guess he stopped from working on it, n this is one of the few hack's that i had found where u can go to another region (From Kanto to Hoenn) (except Shiny Gold n fakemon regions etc etc etc...) n if i find one someday where u start at Hoenn n then u can travel to Kanto or Johto (or both) that would be awesome...

Btw, Chaos Rush added in his project to Leaf/Red (if ur a girl or boy ofc :P) as another secondary rival, n that would bee good too, cause when U n "Blue" select ur pokemons at Oak's lab, theres always an abandoned and lonely pokeball, n it sucks a bit (for me), and also add Brendan too w/ May to the story (not just May) cause u cant play w/them here n see both of them n Leaf/Red too in the ongoing of the story would be great and interesting...

Keep working on this amanizg hack, can't wait for next beta xD

Oh btw idk if this is a bug, but Pallet Town play's a Johto music (idk from wich town :P)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2017
Sounds like a cool game hope u finish it soon :) can't wait to play it dude xD

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
If it's not too late to request trainers, I'd like to have the following in the game. Pick the levels to wherever you feel suite the area of game it would be in..:

Youngster Taylor (Because I'm a boy)

Pokemon:

Aipom

Larvitar

Ditto

Dratini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back