• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✜ CHECKMATE : redux (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't know how to make titanpads 8D But maybe me and Geras should do a joint post since we are in Odetta's house, and the rest of you can play around in Vinnie's?

EVERYONE - as you have now grown a level, choose one of the following stats to increase -

CONSTITUTION: ties in with your health bar
IMAGINATION: ties in with your mana meter
WILLPOWER: ties in with your energy hold

Look at one of your earlier posts to figure out what you had last. I should probably add these to the OP :p

Just write this here in the OOC. I'll keep letting you know in the future if any stat of yours rise.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Added it in for Vinnie!

Also added more constitution for Adrian.

Penelope and Liam have to raise one stat too.

Geras has to first assign the basic stats for Odetta :p Look in the first IC post. Pick 2 upper stats and 1 lower stats to set as NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT (which is a tad bit better than VIRTUALLY NONEXISTENT)

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
A joint post would be good except for the fact that I've never done one before and would then need your help if you choose to do it.

2 upper 1 lower?

CONSTITUTION: NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT - ties in with your health bar
IMAGINATION: VIRTUALLY NON-EXISTENT - ties in with your mana meter
WILLPOWER: NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT - ties in with your energy hold

STRENGTH: NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT - determines your pure strength
SPEED: VIRTUALLY NON-EXISTENT - determines your speed and agility
STEALTH: VIRTUALLY NON-EXISTENT - determines how good you are at hiding and sneaking
STYLE: VIRTUALLY NON-EXISTENT - determines how NPCs perceive you

Sound good?

If I still need to increase a stat I'd like to increase constitution. If not, then ignore that last sentence.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yeah, the upper stats, I will let you OOC decide what to raise. Every other level or so. They will affect your HEALTH BAR, MANA METER and ENERGY HOLD.

If your HB is undeveloped (you haven't raised CONSTITUTION much), I might let you know that your character is weak and hurt quicker than I'll tell that to someone who's HB is high.

If your MM isn't too big (non-raised IMAGINATION), I'll let you know when the magic spells and fraymotifs fail more often than someone with a big MM will hear.

And with EH, you will get tired and fall asleep faster than someone with a high WILLPOWER will hear. This might be both good and bad. Sometimes you might want to fall asleep, but can't because your big EH makes you not tired ;p

See, I've given this some thought haha. Mostly, I'm thinking I'll be the computer and you'll be playing the computer game, so to speak. You don't have to keep these things in mind because I'll let you know.

With the other 4 stats (the 4 S's), I will increase them for you every other level or so, depending on how your character has acted. If they are a smooth talker, I'll likely raise STYLE. If they mostly go around lifting stuff or fight, I might raise STRENGTH. etc

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It's been a week since Retro and Geras posted, 3 weeks since Lt Col posted and holy macaroni 7 weeks since Raikiri posted. What, um, can I do to help this? :D

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I was under the impression that you wanted to do a joint post and I thought I made it clear that I have no idea how to go about doing one, so I was expecting a sort of guiding word.

Although it was a bad move on my part to just assume things. Sorry.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm sorry. This is the second time I seem to have forgotten/misunderstood things that was said between us, I don't know how that keeps happening :/ Tbh I didn't know how to create these titanpads either but I googled a bit. Google is your friend.

Here: http://titanpad.com/hNegeDFhOk
We can write in there. Use your PC username or something I can recognize you by. We just go about taking turns writing, and we can even fill in things earlier in the text if we realize that it's necessary. I can kick it off in a moment.

Raikiri pulled out, in any case. So I guess we'll... bunny Liam and get him killed eventually :x So feel free to use Liam. For anything.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Okay :) Me and Geras are writing one now. Remember all the level stuff I wrote in the IC.

I guess we can let Liam get overrun by imps and not make it to the gate? xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Odetta and Adrian only have a few more imps to slay (well, at least Odetta, since they are on her roof) before they can get through the first gate! Finally, haha.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Sorry for not doing any posting (or rather contributing to the joint post). In addition to my mounting busy-ness, I find it hard to find the motivation to post when nobody else is posting. It'd be a shame to let this RP die, though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well, I never heard back from Bo and Evan. I've sort of given up, sorry. RPs with so few players only work well if all players are motivated and interested. Talking from experience.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well, I'd appreciate feedback on how to make Checkmate more interesting to post in. Is it still too confusing for people who haven't read Homestuck? We, like, never got to the stage where the RP would become more open and less stressful for the characters.

Thanks for being part of it, still!

Back