• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
@ Froggy_00 - I've had years to get use to her being a PKMN player.

@ The Red Chain - Yes you may join, welcome to the club.

@ It's Just Fufu - Congratulations! So did you "win" the March Madness shiny hunt with 5? Even if not 5 shinys in a month is always a win! :D

Shiny news - Mum switched me games so she's on my Silver and she wants me to beat Clair and the E4 for her on her Gold (she has gotten lost in the plot) *laughs*

No shiny so far, but I was hunting Delibird randomly today. I switched the breeding Cyndaquil out for one with better IV stats, but still no shiny hatched.

Last edited:
Years
You'll have to wait until a co-owner formally admits you into the club, The Red Chain, but welcome regardless! Please be sure to stick around!

I really like your name and signature, by the way. :3

Anyways...I'll just copy and paste the the video description of the video I'm currently uploading onto YouTube. Here ya go!

Note: I got this on March 30th, NOT March 31st.

Just when I thought I was done for March Madness, Lady Luck strikes again!

And this time, it was on my SoulSilver version. After a mere 2032 soft resets, I got my second shiny starter, my fifth shiny for March Madness, and my 45th 1/8192 shiny.

Spoiler:

Everyone, say hello to my shiny Chikorita!

For those that are curious, its stats are:

HP: 19
Atk: 10
Def: 12
SAtk: 11
SDef: 9
Speed: 10

I haven't hunted too much this past week because I've been so busy with AAU basketball. I wasn't even supposed to be hunting on this particular night because I have a ton of work to do, but with all the videos of people getting shinies, I truly just could not resist! So, I powered up my SoulSilver version, and did a total of 132 soft resets today (I had 1900 soft resets prior to today), switching IDs every 50 resets. On the 32nd soft reset of this particular save file...well, you know what happened! :) Despite the fact that it says 2031 soft resets on the calculator I was using, I count a soft reset after I've actually done it, so I was on the 2032nd soft reset total. I hope that makes sense, haha

Earlier, I said that I would join in on the shiny quest that kirk proposed, and I plan on keeping that promise, or at least I will make a serious attempt to try. I'm not in any rush to play through SoulSilver since I've played through half of it on HeartGold, so my next target will be Wooper on the Route 32. Since Wooper only appears at night on that route on SoulSilver, I plan on SRing for Ho-oh during the day time.

As for what my next main target will be, I cannot be sure...in all honesty, I would like to get a shiny Paras on FR, but I have a feeling that that particular shiny won't ever shine for me. I also would not mind getting a shiny Trapinch on Ruby or Sapphire version. Meh, I'll just cross that road when I get to it; for now, however, I must enjoy my shiny Chikorita!

Good luck, everyone.

Congrats on Chikorita :D And I hope you get that shiny Paras soon :S

I'm at 3650 resets for Ho-oh. Unless it shinies in the next few hours, I won't be getting a March Madness shiny... :/

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
._.

*curls up in fetal position*

Still nothing on my games, however....

I'm SRing for a shiny Ekans. I have enough coins for 5 a pop, but... my Synchronizer doesn't seem to be working. It's Jolly, and I hardly ever get Jolly... it also doesn't ask if I want to nickname it or not. It's not a problem (it makes it go faster actually), but it's still strange.

It makes me wonder if it's possible to get a shiny this way, via the Game Corner. Like I said, I can SR 5 of'em pretty fast, and I've probably already went through about 400. I should know, 400 is nothing, but still.... I'm getting impatient and totally turned off again. Just feel like I have better things to do with my time.

I want that shiny Ekans though.

Which reminds me, speaking of snakes, I've farmed over 30 Onix from the Walker and no shiny from it, either.

The Red Chain

Okay so I'm officially frustrated.
I saw Shiny Chikorita 4 hours into my SRing after I had gotten a great ID [33337 for those curious] but SRed as soon as it's goldenness popped up on my screen.
Evil habit. I'm not really frustrated that I missed it.. I'm more so frustrated that it wasn't Cyndaquil.
After. 25. Total. Hours. x__x;

Back to the drawing board I go.
Up to about 3 hours now on a new file. ;~;

So I technically saw a "March Madness" shiny. Honestly if I had stopped on it I would've just taken a picture and not actually kept it.
I want Cyndaquil to shine not Totodile or Chikorita darn it. ;___;
but... my Synchronizer doesn't seem to be working. It's Jolly, and I hardly ever get Jolly... it also doesn't ask if I want to nickname it or not. It's not a problem (it makes it go faster actually), but it's still strange.

Unfortunately Synchronize only works on wild Pokemon...
But good luck with your Shiny Ekans anyway! ^__^;
Yes it's possible, just takes a loooot of patience as I've come to find out.. >_>;;

Congrats on the Shiny Chikorita Fufu! In fact you got it about an hour and half before I saw one. Pretty awesome, haha.

Last edited:
Years
Thanks guys!
Okay so I'm officially frustrated.
I saw Shiny Chikorita 4 hours into my SRing after I had gotten a great ID [33337 for those curious] but SRed as soon as it's goldenness popped up on my screen.
Evil habit. I'm not really frustrated that I missed it.. I'm more so frustrated that it wasn't Cyndaquil.
After. 25. Total. Hours. x__x;

Back to the drawing board I go.
Up to about 3 hours now on a new file. ;~;

So I technically saw a "March Madness" shiny. Honestly if I had stopped on it I would've just taken a picture and not actually kept it.
I want Cyndaquil to shine not Totodile or Chikorita darn it. ;___;

Yes it's possible, just takes a loooot of patience as I've come to find out.. >_>;;

Congrats on the Shiny Chikorita Fufu! In fact you got it about an hour and half before I saw one. Pretty awesome, haha.

Aw man, tough luck man :(

I hope that doesn't happen to me when/if I finally see a shiny Ho-oh o_o

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Aw man, tough luck man :(

I hope that doesn't happen to me when/if I finally see a shiny Ho-oh o_o

Those were my thoughts exactly.

Guess what guys, my pearl had messed up and didn't let me use the Pal Park, it said I hadn't transferred anything, and I thought I had gotten rid of my Shiny Swellow, but I just found out today that I hadn't! I just used the Pal Park in soul silver and I once again have my Shiny Swellow <3 :')

._.
Which reminds me, speaking of snakes, I've farmed over 30 Onix from the Walker and no shiny from it, either.

Walker, I don't think you can get a shiny from... Try breeding. I average about 90 eggs/2 hours.

Last edited:
Years
Those were my thoughts exactly.

Guess what guys, my pearl had messed up and didn't let me use the Pal Park, it said I hadn't transferred anything, and I thought I had gotten rid of my Shiny Swellow, but I just found out today that I hadn't! I just used the Pal Park in soul silver and I once again have my Shiny Swellow <3 :')

Walker, I don't think you can get a shiny from... Try breeding. I average about 90 eggs/2 hours.

Grats on getting our shiny Swellow back :D

Oh, and on serebii, some guy posted a video showing someone getting a shiny from the poke walker. We don't have much more info about it other then it is possible to get one. Obviously it could of been hacked, but we don't know for sure yet. I'm pretty sure someone is actually trying to figure that out :)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years

Beh. I'll keep trying for a few more days. if I don't get it then, I'm going exploring for something else. I have bigger fish to fry......
Thanks for the info though.

I'm not so sure about this. My friend said that the Walker gets a set ID, and you'll either get no shinies or all shinies from it. You'd have to get extremely lucky for that to happen.
However...

I have too much evidence against that. Either a lot of people are cheating or lying, or you actually can get shinies from the Walker.

Thanks for the suggestion on breeding, but as I've hatched 6 shinies already, 3 normal odds and 3 Masuda Method, I'm not exactly in a hurry to get back to breeding. If anything I don't need stuff that's too boring, otherwise it'll just drive me away from the game again.

I was hatching for a shiny Charmander though on Pearl.... nothing so far... otherwise I would've been here earlier going OMG like everyone does, lol.

I'm pretty sure someone is actually trying to figure that out :)

That would be me, I would like to believe. I can't hack, don't do binary, or none of that stuff. But I'm a tester. That's what I do. I'll keep trying until someone proves it right or wrong, whether it be me via results or someone with coding that says it's impossible. That's the way it's always been.....

Congrats to those who have new shinies. I have too much stuff going on offline to really play right now, but I should get some SRing in tomorrow. I WILL get a shiny one way or another!! :P

Years
I'm at 4500 resets for shiny Ho-oh. It has yet to turn gold for me yet :/

I also added a lot more info on my chaining site so make sure to check it out :)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Would anyone mind telling me why this site is now known as the "Slowpokecommunity" and why everyone's avatar is a Slowpoke? I'm confuzzled! ?_?

9348 encounters for Numel, 951 eggs for Riolu, 300 SRs for Ho-oh, 20300 encounter for Paras, and I-don't-know how many encounters for Wooper. Progress is slow, but that's because I was busy today. I hope to break the 1000-egg mark for Riolu by the end of the week.

Good luck, everyone!

The Red Chain

Would anyone mind telling me why this site is now known as the "Slowpokecommunity" and why everyone's avatar is a Slowpoke? I'm confuzzled! ?_?
April Fools Joke. XD

So I finally.. after about 3 days or so have this little beauty~
2010-04-0321-49-43748.jpg

Leveled up some of course~
I actually forgot to update you guys when I finally got her cause I was too excited and ready to begin SS at that point. X3;

Years
April Fools Joke. XD

So I finally.. after about 3 days or so have this little beauty~
2010-04-0321-49-43748.jpg

Leveled up some of course~
I actually forgot to update you guys when I finally got her cause I was too excited and ready to begin SS at that point. X3;

Congrats on shiny Cindaquil :D

I'm at 4850 SRs for shiny Ho-oh... any time now mister golden bird...

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2016
My shinies are elekid,swampert,blaziken,crobat,scizor,golem,mightyena,pidgey and alakazam.

I forgot about dragonite,charizard and blastoise

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
hey im new to pokemon hacking and im makeing a game called chamney journey its also got a mom that looks like a jigglypuff and the other version you play a pocheena but when iwalk into a house it auto restars to the boot screen?
any ways on my first emerald game i caught 3 shyinys i think 1 was deosys the other two was seedot and luvkiss

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congratulations on your shiny Cyndaquil, The Red Chain!

I've been hunting a lot lately. I'm up to 13,000 encounters for Numel on Sapphire and Emerald; I've also reached 832 SRs for a shiny Ho-oh on HG. I feel like the SRs go by so slowly, though...I resumed an old hunt on my FireRed version. I'm looking for a shiny Growlithe; however, it only has a 20% encounter rate where I'm searching, so I might postpone the hunt (again) and wait for my HeartGold to free up so that I can hunt for it on that game using the Repel Trick.

I've also been doing random encounters for Wooper, though I've only been doing them after 8 pm because that's the only time Wooper shows up on the Route that I'm searching for it.

Good luck, everyone.

Years
YEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!

After 3,108 soft resets, or 9,324 Pokémon seen:

53-TotodileSelect.jpg

Given | Field | Screen 1 | Screen 2

Met on Easter, Irwin is the first shiny I've caught without Greg as the OT. (The other is Camerupt.)

Next in line is going to be Ho-oh.

Named him Saffron! Also, he's Bold natured, which I'm told is pretty good for a Meganium? Idk.
WHYYY?!! ಠ﹏ಠ I've been after shiny Chiko for so long

Craaap, I missed PC's April Fools! Well at least I had fun with Touhousu!

Back