• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon: Operation Digipedia

Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?

• Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, keep them how they are

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
This hack looks pretty awesome, I always wanted a digimon/pokemon crossover game. I also really want to help and in my spare time I will try to make some back sprites but I never made any before.

Well it's good to start somewhere. I only just started spriting last year and I've gotten pretty good at it. You can post the sprites on here or PM me with them. Whichever you feel comfortable with.

my entire route 3 messes up anytime I open the menu, or fight a trainer when the first girl is still visible.

We're trying to get this issue solved, it's just hard to figure out what exactly is causing it.

Update: I haven't posted and update in while, so I'll explain why. My laptop has decided that it no longer wants to charge, so until I get it repaired I'm using my girlfriend's laptop. My connection isn't fast enough to download the files I need to continue the hack, so hacking will be a little delayed until I get a stable connection, maybe sometime next week. Meanwhile the team is still spriting. Our newest member Leachim is working on backsprites(an area that we're particularly lacking in) and he's doing an awesome job. Stocko pointed something out the other day that I thought was interesting: None of our team members are from the same country. Just a nifty little thing that kinda blows my mind.

Anyway, once I have the files needed to continue the hack I'll start inserting sprites and working on the Route 3 glitch and probably have an update sometime next month. I will definitely have an update as soon as Route 3 is fixed, you can count on that.

Years
So i checked this out and its a really good idea :) I like the fact you guys are making it kind of a starter kit for digimon hacks :). One of the things you should think about tho is size. I mean some of your sprites are HUGE, esp the baby stage things, like the pink bird (Poromon, i think) and the beast starter.

Epitaph93

Years
So i checked this out and its a really good idea :) I like the fact you guys are making it kind of a starter kit for digimon hacks :). One of the things you should think about tho is size. I mean some of your sprites are HUGE, esp the baby stage things, like the pink bird (Poromon, i think) and the beast starter.

Yeah I figured the base patch would interest a lot of people. I know the sprites aren't to scale. It's something we're gonna have to start working on soon. All the sprites have to fit into a 64x64 image, so all the sprites that were already small enough to fit weren't re-sized. That's mostly my fault lol.

Update: I managed to get ahold of an internet connection for a few minutes today and got most of the necessary files to continue hacking so ignore the earlier update lol.

Epitaph93

Years
I've played the game, and some of the backsprites look really good, especially Jyarimon, I was wondering how you learned to sprite?

You just teach yourself. I'm sure there are tutorials and stuff but I never used them. it's not like the sprites are from scratch though. These were all made from some sort of base.

Years
You just teach yourself. I'm sure there are tutorials and stuff but I never used them. it's not like the sprites are from scratch though. These were all made from some sort of base.

But aren't there some digimon that are not in the ds games and so their sprites have to be made from scratch? How will you make those sprites?

Epitaph93

Years
But aren't there some digimon that are not in the ds games and so their sprites have to be made from scratch? How will you make those sprites?

Usually still from some sort of base. I got a picture of jyarimon from wiki, reduced color depth, resized it, then edited it. All done in paint and graphicsgale.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014
Its cool that someone finally relased an Digimon hack but the only thing that wonders me is why my Angemon digivolved into Crobat?

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
Its cool that someone finally relased an Digimon hack but the only thing that wonders me is why my Angemon digivolved into Crobat?

It's only the very first Beta release and there is heeeaaaps of unfinished lines and even uninserted digimon.
It's a lot harder getting Mega digimon sprites to fit into the max 64x64 pixel space were are given :)

Epitaph93

Years
Well I thought I'd have the route 3 glitch fixed, but I'm having a hard time recreating it. Until we can recreate it we won't be able to figure out the problem, but in the mean time we're working on more digimon sprites. The team is growing in spriters. Everyone on the team so far has varying skills in spriting, which is really good considering the amount of sprites we need to do.

Someone mentioned the bicycle in cerulean(torrent) city costing too much. That's how it is in the original fire red. You don't ever actually buy the bicycle.

Also I noticed someone saying the beta ends in cerulean(torrent) city. It doesn't. The game can be played through like the normal fire red.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2021
This game is looking even more awsome! I have been watching it for a while and desided i would post about some things i have found.

You can walk throught the table and trees in the players house
you can walk throught the trees near the lab
the game freezes when you talk to the guy wh gives you a potion
Stingmon can be found near the entrence to the league.
and some of the white on the sprites are transparrent and you can see the grass throught eyes and throught the mouth of some digimon

Don't know if you are open to some suggestion about stuff but:
I found out about a few DNA evo from Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 such as:
Devimon and Ogremon to SkullSatamon
Kuwagamon and Kokatorimon to Megadramon
Megadramon and Cherrymon to Ghoulmon
Also that Aegisdramon is born from a fusion of plesiomon and seadramon data

I'm also wondering if bukamon(maybe even chapmon) will go inbetween Poyomon and gomamon/betamon at some point?

Epitaph93

Years
This game is looking even more awsome! I have been watching it for a while and desided i would post about some things i have found.

You can walk throught the table and trees in the players house
you can walk throught the trees near the lab
the game freezes when you talk to the guy wh gives you a potion
Stingmon can be found near the entrence to the league.
and some of the white on the sprites are transparrent and you can see the grass throught eyes and throught the mouth of some digimon

Don't know if you are open to some suggestion about stuff but:
I found out about a few DNA evo from Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 such as:
Devimon and Ogremon to SkullSatamon
Kuwagamon and Kokatorimon to Megadramon
Megadramon and Cherrymon to Ghoulmon
Also that Aegisdramon is born from a fusion of plesiomon and seadramon data

I'm also wondering if bukamon(maybe even chapmon) will go inbetween Poyomon and gomamon/betamon at some point?

We're working on those errors. I'll keep those possible DNA digivolutions in mind. Skull Satamon will definitely be included if we can get his sprite to work. We're probably gonna use Chapmon instead of Bukamon for the in-training level of Gomamon, and use a different digimon than Poyomon for the fresh form of those lines. I'd like to have Poyomon not digivolve at all and use him as a replacement for ditto.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Hey im just new here and while i was searching for rom hacks for pokemon i found this and i was happy bcause i like digimon and pokemon ALOT but when i downloaded it and it was a rar file so i was about to extract it but it has no files it only has 300kb what did i do wrongmor what do i have to do?
***********EDIT***********
No need i found out my extractor was broken O.o nice hack i mean very very good hack. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back