• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
There's been too many threads asking for help on how to run and save Heart Gold/Soul Silver with emulators, so one general thread would be much better. From now on, every thread posted in Emulation about this will be moved here.

Rules

• Heart Gold/Soul Silver emulation problems only.
  • No linking to ROMs.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
When I try to play HeartGold on NO$GBA when the game starts it goes all black and nothing happens.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I have only one problem.

the game doesn't Save.

Years
There's my site where you can get the Roms fully fixed and No$GBA configured.
Just download it from there and as far as i know Soul silver is my upload so its sure to work!!

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Anybody who is having the black screen after Oak issue, follow the megaupload link posted below:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYATR5X1

This is a download for the pokefix patcher. Simply follow the instructions that come bundled with.

This does not contain the rom, ofcourse.

Anybody who is having saving issues, I don't really know what to tell you. Make sure you have your NDS Cartridge Backup Media set correctly in the No$GBA setup. I have mine set to "Flash 512KBytes."
After the patch and making sure it's set correctly saving turns out just fine for me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I need some help. Everytime I play, eventually after like 20 minutes I get a "ROM Image has crashed" and even if I saved, it won't say I did and I have to start from a random save point before. How do I stop this?

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I need some help. Everytime I play, eventually after like 20 minutes I get a "ROM Image has crashed" and even if I saved, it won't say I did and I have to start from a random save point before. How do I stop this?

You may have a bad rom, which is a little hard to believe.

Another thing; Under your no$GBA emulation settings (if that's what you're using), if you are playing the patched version of HG/SS make sure you have it set under Reset/Startup Entrypoint to GBA BIOS (Nintendo Logo).
Make sure the save type is set to Flash512KBytes under NDS Cartridge Backup Media too.

I've had the rom image crash error before, but it was because my computer had too much running which resulted in the rom running incredibly slow until it just crashed.

The only other thing I could recommend if it still doesn't work is just try it with another emulator.

Last edited:

Kamotz

Chronicler
Years
1. In your emulator, go to your emulator settings(F11). In Reset/Startup Entrypoint, choose GBA BIOS(Nintendo Logo). Then press OK. After that save the settings.
2. Get biosnds7.rom(16 kb)* , biosnds9.rom(4 kb)* and firmware (It is a bin file. 256 kb)* If you are a pro in DS hacking, get the files directly from it, otherwise download it.
Now if open your emulator, it will show the ds starup and menu. But still, the game won't work.
3. Get eNDryptS Advanced*, place the rom in the directory where you have stored eNDryptS Advanced. Open eNDryptS and choose the first option. The rom will be encrypted.
4. Open the encrypted rom and have fun!!!
NO$GBA is much faster than desmume and ideas.

Also, remember to save often. It may freeze sometimes. You won't be able to use the reset option after this.
*Linking to these files is illegal

When I do this, I get to the main DS startup screen. I click the Game, and I get a "Rom crashed" message.

EDIT: Also, when I do NOT do this, my game freezes after I KO a pokemon (in my first battle)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
You may have a bad rom, which is a little hard to believe.

Another thing; Under your no$GBA emulation settings (if that's what you're using), if you are playing the patched version of HG/SS make sure you have it set under Reset/Startup Entrypoint to GBA BIOS (Nintendo Logo).
Make sure the save type is set to Flash512KBytes under NDS Cartridge Backup Media too.

I've had the rom image crash error before, but it was because my computer had too much running which resulted in the rom running incredibly slow until it just crashed.

The only other thing I could recommend if it still doesn't work is just try it with another emulator.
When I do that, it says it crashes everytime it opens in No$GBA and I cant get to the settings so I have to re-download. ;;

Cello

Tonight!
Years

When I do that, it says it crashes everytime it opens in No$GBA and I cant get to the settings so I have to re-download. ;;

Sorry, I wish I knew what more to tell ya. D:
Everythings working fine for me.
Have you tried searching google for rom crashing fixes?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Sorry, I wish I knew what more to tell ya. D:
Everythings working fine for me.
Have you tried searching google for rom crashing fixes?
Mhm, I just did it again and it said running Ulimated MHz Disaster 10% can cause it..is that true? o.o It makes sense..

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Has anyone gotten this to work on a DS flash cart or R4?
If so let me know! That's basically the only way that I'll play it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back