• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
If you have a good idea for a challenge thread but you can't take part on it, here is the place to post your suggestions and discuss them with other people, so somebody else can use them to start their own challenges.

So, post away!
16.png

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Idk someone should try just going through the main game up to Red on HG/SS with just shinies (including shiny starter.) That'd take a LOT of hours, but...kind of interesting if someone did pull off that challenge. Not that I have the patience to participate.. XD;

why is this forum dead

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
-Speed Runs - Fastest Time
-Combined Challenges - Combining 2 or more challenges together
-Gym Leader Challenge - Playing the game using only pokemon a specific gym leader uses.
-Moveset Challenge - You pick the team you play with but other members choose the moveset
-Habitat Challenge - I liked WriteThemWrong's idea with pokemon in the same habitat (Grassland Pokémon, Forest Pokémon, Water's-edge Pokémon, Sea Pokémon, Cave Pokémon, Mountain Pokémon, Rough-terrain Pokémon, Urban Pokémon)

-Egg Group Challenge (Though I probably want to do this one).
Your team may only consist of Pokemon from the same Egg group

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
-Gym Leader Challenge - Playing the game using only pokemon a specific gym leader uses.
-Moveset Challenge - You pick the team you play with but other members choose the moveset
-Habitat Challenge - I liked WriteThemWrong's idea with pokemon in the same habitat (Grassland Pokémon, Forest Pokémon, Water's-edge Pokémon, Sea Pokémon, Cave Pokémon, Mountain Pokémon, Rough-terrain Pokémon, Urban Pokémon)

There already are Gym Leader Challenges.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

They've actually tried in the past most of the challenges you suggested. I was a member in both the egg group and habitat challenges, but they didn't last long. I tried to do sorta your idea with the combined challenge, but it was like four challenges long, and it didn't catch on either. But the moveset challenge would be pretty interesting.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
help

Hello! I'm not good in english!

I could not find a challenge that is the type in which the creator of the challenge which he says will be his pokes, there is something like this?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I could re attempt to do with the Habitat or Egg groups unless I could think of doing another Challenge.

I would do this Challenge but I don't know if it would work (Something tells me it won't work).
The Pokemon Special/Adventures Challenge. Where you have to choose the same team as a particular character from Pokemon Special/Adventures.
Or the same thing but based of the characters from the Anime.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I could re attempt to do with the Habitat or Egg groups unless I could think of doing another Challenge.

I would do this Challenge but I don't know if it would work (Something tells me it won't work).
The Pokemon Special/Adventures Challenge. Where you have to choose the same team as a particular character from Pokemon Special/Adventures.
Or the same thing but based of the characters from the Anime.

Lol, I do that all the time. Currently on a Red run of LeafGreen. I refuse to do Yellow coz she also has Pikachu xD.

How about a "phobia challenge"?? Where you only do pokemon that would scare you in real life.

I.e. I would use bugs,dark types and rodents, as they scare me. Oh, and aquatic creatures. And birds. Coz I only really like mammals (marsupials aren't bad)

EDIT: I also tried starting a challenge where you only use one move, and it has to go on all your pokemon. No HM Slaves, must be able to gain that move (or a pokemon that learns it) before 2nd badge, trade for dragons and steels. You can use your other moveslots, but you must learn and keep the chosen move.

Sadly, it failed.

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
Years
Lol, I do that all the time. Currently on a Red run of LeafGreen. I refuse to do Yellow coz she also has Pikachu xD.

How about a "phobia challenge"?? Where you only do pokemon that would scare you in real life.

I.e. I would use bugs,dark types and rodents, as they scare me. Oh, and aquatic creatures. And birds. Coz I only really like mammals (marsupials aren't bad)

EDIT: I also tried starting a challenge where you only use one move, and it has to go on all your pokemon. No HM Slaves, must be able to gain that move (or a pokemon that learns it) before 2nd badge, trade for dragons and steels. You can use your other moveslots, but you must learn and keep the chosen move.

Sadly, it failed.
I'd love to do a run with a Mono-attack challenge! Surf/Waterfall only! Hehe.... That would be awesome. :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
But most challenges tend to involve no trading, and no migration to complete them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back