• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Yeah, I also had 8 rare candies in bag, so I restarted, gave them to Roselia and Leech seed stalled him. DONE MONOTYPE POISON IN HOENN! Now I started mono bug in Jotho, I just beat Bugsy and caught a Heracross!

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2012
You may only use pokemon which you recieve outside of battle (i.e. starter, fossil).
HM slaves may be caught but can never be used in battle.
No hacking.
No tutors & no interaction with any NPC that would affect a pokemon in your party in any way (i.e. hair-stylist in GSC, move deleter, move relearner).
No breeding.
No items (from berries to pokeballs to TMs to potions) & no equippable items.
No trading & No ingame trades.

[Additional: No pokemon from any game corner.]
[Additional: You can only battle with two pokemon in the entire game.]
[Additional: No grinding. Your pokemon must max at the level of the next gym or equivalent until you surpass them.]
[Additional: No in-battle switching.]
[Additional: Pokemon may only have moves that are either NORMAL-type or share a type with the pokemon.]
[Additional: Pokemon may each have only one useable move.]
[Additional: Pokemon may never have a move replaced.]
[Additional: No wild battles.]
[Additional: No trainer battles that you can avoid.]
[Additional: No status-inflicting moves.]
[Additional: No battle pokemon of the following types: Normal, Ghost, Ground, Dark, Steel, Flying.]
[Additional: No pokemon or moves of the following type: Steel, Dragon, Poison, Grass, Water, Fire, Rock, Ghost.] {In this case, a starter may be excused or replaced immediately with the first pokemon obtained from outside of battle.}

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You mean a gift challenge? Could swear we had one before. Though I dislike all the restrictions. I know it's supposed to be a challenge, but still, some of those take the fun out of it, even though things like move tutors are late into games, like in HGSS.

11wildy

Me!
Years
How about a route challenge? You choose a route or location and only use Pokemon found there. (but you can hack them in earlyer, or catch them earlyer) As an additional rule you could only use items found on that route (and Pokeballs, if there is no kind of them on the chosen route).

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Boy has it been a while since I've been here.

(Sorry to those who signed up for my challenge, life got a little crazy-busy and I didn't think I could run a challenge, probably should have kept that in mind prior to starting. This probably isn't a sufficient apology and I will go back into my lurking corner for another 3 months)

Anything new going on? Was thinking of doing a relatively easy challenge to get me back in the swing of things, any recs, o wonderful members of the challenge forum?

11wildy

Me!
Years
Monotypes are always great, and a Nuzlocke is not too difficult either. The standard ones would be the easyest I suppose. Go for a monotype ;D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Would anyone be interested in a plushie challenge? Like, you use a team based off of the Pokemon plushies you have. There would be other things I'd add in or make optional, but that's essentially the idea. idk how many of you guys actually have plushies though haha. I have a ton and have a big variety to choose from. :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I realized that haha. Kill two birds with one stone and do a solo run as well I suppose. ;) I was also thinking of having a gift function. Those with a lot of plushies could "give" one to another challenger that doesn't have many. Like if I chose 6 out of my...almost 20 plushies, I could "give" the others away. Or something. It would be optional though, cause I imagine some people would love to do a solo plushie challenge. btw I just got a Snivy plushie yesterday eeeee

Years
It'd be interesting ... shame I don't have any ... (I'm allergic :( )
Anyhow, I just got back here on PC and I feel like doing a challenge, any suggestions?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
5 would work, as would legendaries! Show of the fluff power you have. ;) And use however many you want of course. Zero, you should enter a random challenge. Or scramble. Something weird to get you going. And enter Pick Up and Play challenge!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was thinking of allowing figurines, though I think it should be a separate challenge. Cause they're just really different imo. Also, I had to lock the Nuzlocke thread due to the OP being banned. A sad day in Challenges, it is. :(

Oh and Wildy, the only Poison type plushie I have is a Croagunk that I wanna get rid of lol. It's just SO ugly and it's not even made of nice material. It's made of that crappy weird material, it's not soft, fuzzy, cute, or cuddly...I have high plushie standards apparently. I have plenty to give for Grass though. Snivy, Treecko, Grovyle, Petilil (...WELL I think I would be using that), Cherrim, Cherubi...I think that's it haha. Oh, and I have an Eevee, which if you evolve it into Leafeon, then well, there ya go. I think I'd make evolving optional, because most plushies are the base form of the line and trust me, NFE challenges are awful lol.

Last edited:
Years
Even though I said that, I don't even have figurines ... (they're random though)
But I guess a lot of people would like this challenge

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's okay. If I put in the give feature, then I will have plenty of plushies for people to choose from. :) I can't be the only one that has plushies...lol.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Hmm Croagunk isn't available on leafgreen :3. And uh, I already did a grass monotype on Black. I suppose I won't join the fun then :( UNLESS you got some other fnu things? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back