• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Objection! ~ The Ace Attorney Fan Club

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
How did you first get into the Ace Attorney series?
Like bobandbill, I had an R4, and I remember seeing Ace Attorney stuff online, either people talking about it, or some random pictures (I could tell it was AA by the art style). I think I even read an article about it back when Nintendo Power was around. I was pretty intrigued after the continuous exposure, so I decided to try out the games and never turned back.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
"How did your first get into the Ace Attorney series?"

well, i did see some people playing it on an emulator and i thought about trying it, but then i stumbled upon a Smooth McGroove video of him doing the "Cornered", and i decided to check the series out

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Someone wanted me to play one of the games and gave me Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. I played it and thought it was ok. It took a while longer until I figured I should start looking into the series more which was when I started playing the first game. It was great, but that sudden difficulty spike in Rise from the Ashes, though. This case took me years to beat, mostly due to technical problems.
2.%20laugh.gif

Everyone, feel free to pitch an idea for something you'd like to see or add to this club!
It definitely needs more objections.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Lisia, I think I'd go with the standard Investigations avatar. I prefer the colour of his coat there, and that expression suits him better. :V

well, i did see some people playing it on an emulator and i thought about trying it, but then i stumbled upon a Smooth McGroove video of him doing the "Cornered", and i decided to check the series out
Heh, that's a neat way to check it out, via a Smooth McGroove video. It is a pretty good tune...

Years

Ah yes I remember seeing that vid! His acapella videos are really something.
For those who haven't seen this video yet, here it is for your listening enjoyment.

I think my favorite remix of the classic "Cornered" theme is the one from the "Gyakuten Meets Orchestra" album. I just... really love orchestrated versions of video game music, especially of songs from GBA or older systems. It really does it justice.

The illustration they made for the album is funny with Maya and Larry's antics. What is Maya trying to do... Larry, that's not where you put the bow when playing bass. xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I was hoping one of these would show up ♥

Username: Juno
Favorite Character: I was gonna pick Gumshoe but it'd look weird with two Gumshoes in a row there. :P I'll go with Maya here.
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: All of them except Layton and AAI2- I do know about the fan translation, but haven't gotten around to it yet - as with most fan-made things I'm afraid it's not quite up to the standards of professional localization, though I have heard good things about it.

Have you heard of the upcoming "Dai Gyakuten Saiban" title and if so, what are your thoughts so far? Do you hope it eventually gets localized and released in your country?
Yes and yes! I'm excited for a new AA title, but honestly I prefer it when the games revolve around the main cast more (I know those days are long gone). As mentioned, it'll be really interesting to see how they pull this off, seeing as they've been so committed to 'Americanizing' the English versions of the game. I hope that doesn't stop them from localizing it though.

How did your first get into the Ace Attorney series?
It was honestly just a random game I picked up and knew/heard nothing about, and I didn't even start from the beginning. My first AA game was actually Justice For All, which worked because of the little amnesia bit in the beginning with Phoenix. I didn't even realize it was a trilogy (when I first played it there were only three) at the time, and it ruined the continuity a little without knowing the full backstory and history with Maya, but I still loved it so much and was hooked ever since.

also hnnng that ramen burger looks amazing

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

ema-thinking(b).gif

As far back as I can remember, I remember watching a stream where someone was playing the first Phoenix Wright game (Case 3, to be specific!) and you know, it piqued my interest because it had some really wondrous quotes in there like, "Oh yeah, Sherlock Holmes II here, baby!" and "WTF who are J00 guys? ROFL!" So that made me really wanna try the game for myself!

ema-notes(c).gif

Although, my first Phoenix Wright game was actually Justice for All. At the time, I didn't really know that there were other Phoenix Wright games, and that they were part of a trilogy, so, I thought it was the only game, but nope! Although, that just roused my interest even more!

ema-cheerful(b).gif

So I then picked up Trials and Tribulations next, (in which yes, I didn't really play the first Phoenix Wright game until after beating T&T, so it was kinda confusing, haha) and after I realized that the stories were connected, I wanted to play em' all! After getting used to the system, I realize how awesome the characters and the experiences during the game are! Which ended up me being a biiig fan.

ema-confident(b).gif

... Scientifically speaking, of course!

Years
I was hoping one of these would show up ♥

Username: Juno
Favorite Character: I was gonna pick Gumshoe but it'd look weird with two Gumshoes in a row there. :P I'll go with Maya here.
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: All of them except Layton and AAI2- I do know about the fan translation, but haven't gotten around to it yet - as with most fan-made things I'm afraid it's not quite up to the standards of professional localization, though I have heard good things about it.

Have you heard of the upcoming "Dai Gyakuten Saiban" title and if so, what are your thoughts so far? Do you hope it eventually gets localized and released in your country?
Yes and yes! I'm excited for a new AA title, but honestly I prefer it when the games revolve around the main cast more (I know those days are long gone). As mentioned, it'll be really interesting to see how they pull this off, seeing as they've been so committed to 'Americanizing' the English versions of the game. I hope that doesn't stop them from localizing it though.

How did your first get into the Ace Attorney series?
It was honestly just a random game I picked up and knew/heard nothing about, and I didn't even start from the beginning. My first AA game was actually Justice For All, which worked because of the little amnesia bit in the beginning with Phoenix. I didn't even realize it was a trilogy (when I first played it there were only three) at the time, and it ruined the continuity a little without knowing the full backstory and history with Maya, but I still loved it so much and was hooked ever since.

also hnnng that ramen burger looks amazing
Welcome, Juno!
Haha yes, the ramen burger does look amazing. Coincidentally one of these ramen burger shops is located in the real Los Angeles. A Maya cosplayer eating one of these ramen burgers would be a cute photo opportunity. ^_^

Interesting stories you all have given about getting into the series.. Looks like I'm not the only one who played JFA first!

Oh my goodness Dragon bringing up case 3 of the first game and "Sal Manella's" antics gives me an idea for the next topic, since Ace Attorney is packed with humor...
What are some of your favorite funny moments in the series?
(Remember to use Spoiler tags in case someone hasn't played the game or case involved yet!)

As for me... Here were just a few of my favorites.
(Case 4 and case 5 spoilers for the first game, general series-wide prosecutor traits, and Dual Destinies DLC case spoilers below.)
Spoiler:

There are many, many more...
I really wanna replay all the games again! ^_^

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

Ohoho, I can't find screenshots, so, I'll post up my favourite funny dialogue word for word!

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (1-3)

The infamous step-ladder scene!
Spoiler:

Edgeworth's First Encounter with Oldbag
Spoiler:

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (1-5)

This was.. surprising, haha.
Spoiler:

There's way more, but these are all from the first game for now. :3

Years

Ohoho, I can't find screenshots, so, I'll post up my favourite funny dialogue word for word!

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (1-3)

The infamous step-ladder scene!
Spoiler:

Edgeworth's First Encounter with Oldbag
Spoiler:

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (1-5)

This was.. surprising, haha.
Spoiler:

There's way more, but these are all from the first game for now. :3
Ah yes, how could I have forgotten about the ladder vs. stepladder debate? {XD} It's been a running gag across the whole series... Y'know... I kinda miss Oldbag. Anything that makes Edgeworth uncomfortable seems to amuse me, apparently. He's so serious all the time, so it's easy to get him flustered. ^_^

Bay

Years

Gonna go with the first three games and one part from Dual Destinies I managed to get through.

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I can confirm those good things!

...Well, I won't deny one fact, which is that there is the odd grammatical error. But they aren't too common, and frankly no worse than the typos you find in the officially translated games. (Even D&D is full of them... and then there's the amazing typos from earlier games such as 'The miracle never happen.' and 'When you were in a child'.) But otherwise the translation is solid. Much more importantly it does well to capture the characterisations of each character and give everyone new their own personality. It's also clear and understandable.

The game itself is amazing.

Too many to pick. :V Some have already been mentioned though, e.g. Oldbag and Edgeworth interactions, the urn case, and the steppladder stuff. The first time it happens it really does seem weird, and then it just keeps cropping up... it works as a running gag of mysterious origins, haha.

(Seriously, where DID that joke come from? It has the feeling of an in-joke between some of the game staff or a write or something...)

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
i'm so behind! aagh--

to be perfectly honest, i don't quite remember. i think it was cause my father got us a DS R4 (yes, me too) and put some games on it for us and the first Phoenix Wright was one of them. and i adored it. though i have to say, the first time i played through it, i couldn't finish Rise From The Ashes, for two reasons: it was too difficult, and it gave me nightmares.
i was like 11, okay.

What are some of your favourite funny moments in the series?
oh, there's so many! i have a few that i remember vividly, though. and the Judge is about my favourite comic-relief character, along with Edgeworth.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Sadly, I've already forgotten a lot of stuff. Well, the good thing is, that its just another excuse to play the games again. {XD}

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Spoiler:

Justice for All:
Spoiler:

Trials and Tribulations
Spoiler:

Miles Edgeworth: Investigations
Spoiler:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I am currently (slowly) playing through Ace Attorney Trilogy. I'm enjoying Justice for All more so far than I remembered liking it the first time I played it

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Grammatical errors/typos I can overlook (like you said, the official translations have a lot of 'em anyway), it's mainly this part I was concerned about -
Much more importantly it does well to capture the characterisations of each character and give everyone new their own personality.
So that's good to know! The personalities are so important in AA. They really make the game for me. c:

Like a lot of you guys, I'd say a lot of my favorite lines are from Edgeworth. I guess it's because he's always so prim and proper, it's funny when he slips up and does/says something silly (or even just less than 100% serious), like:

tumblr_mfg620ESHn1s0hlv0o2_500.jpg

AAI's bickering between Young Edgeworth and Little Franziska were great too, when you inspect various things in the courthouse. Their sibling-like rivalry is too cute.

Edgeworth's Height Insensitivity
Spoiler:

The Swiss Roll Altercation
Spoiler:

The "Defendant's Fresh Milk" Confusion
Spoiler:

Actually, everything from that vending machine was gold.
"...If you wanted a pack of these, all you had to do was ask like a normal person."

And one of my favorite Judge moments (also AAI, Turnabout Reminiscence, I believe)
Spoiler:

Finally,
latest

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
There were quite a few, I can't recall many specifics though since it's been a while.
Spoiler:

Years
Teehee thanks for sharing the funnies, everyone! It looks like we all like those moments that poke a little fun at Edgeworth. I saw this gif on my tumblr feed yesterday and I thought of you guys.
Spoiler:

For our next topic, let's talk music! Ace Attorney has a plethora of great songs...
What is your favorite Ace Attorney song?

Bay

Years
What is your favorite Ace Attorney song?
Man there are so many good ones, but the one that made me smile the most is Dual Destinies's version of Phoenix Wright's Objection! (Objection 2013! to be specific):

Honorable mentions for me: The Steel Samurai theme, the first game's Objection!, the various Cornered themes, and Dual Destinies's Keep Pressing On!

Last edited:
Back