• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
well...i did my theory...and look what came out:

uhoh.jpg

what happened?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
well...i did my theory...and look what came out:

uhoh.jpg

what happened?

My guess is that the sprite needed repointing so when u enterd the new offset for the image, u didn't check automatically fix pointers so the image pointer was pointing to the new sprite :P

School days again...
Years
1- this is just a problem with your rom. I expanded my hack and yape works with it

2- yes

1. But when I opened other rom and open the rom that I want to hack, it worked.

2. How do you actually do it with hex editor?

Last edited:

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
My guess is that the sprite needed repointing so when u enterd the new offset for the image, u didn't check automatically fix pointers so the image pointer was pointing to the new sprite :P

But i did. it did say that i s was 30c and aborted something. mgit that be it? and if so how do i fix it :S

and you say pointing to the new sprite...does that mean i should give the offset a free space and then in poke edit in the pokemon point to the free space where my sprite is?

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Cry for help!

Hey, can I have some help with my Emerald hack?

On A-Map, I wanted to replace the gyms to look like Battle Tents so I transferred the right tiles onto Lilycove with the Block editor. However, it screwed up the other tiles and I had to start a new rom:(. Anyone know where I went wrong? Better still, a safer method of changing the tileset?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
But i did. it did say that i s was 30c and aborted something. mgit that be it? and if so how do i fix it :S

and you say pointing to the new sprite...does that mean i should give the offset a free space and then in poke edit in the pokemon point to the free space where my sprite is?

Use the Indexing and inserting sprite tutorial by Destinedjagold on the Documents and Tutorials section

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Can someone PLEASE help me, PLEASE?!

Hey, can I have some help with my Emerald hack, PLEASE?!

On A-Map, I wanted to replace the gyms to look like Battle Tents so I transferred the right tiles onto Lilycove with the Block editor. However, it screwed up the other tiles and I had to start a new rom:(. Anyone know where I went wrong? Better still, a safer method of changing the tileset?

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hello? Can someone please help me? Or dou you all hate me :( (SOB)?

Hey, can I have some help with my Emerald hack, PLEASE?! Can't anyone see me? Just say whether my question is unanswerable or not!

On A-Map, I wanted to replace the gyms to look like Battle Tents so I transferred the right tiles onto the Lilycove tileset and replaced the std. gym building tiles with the Block editor. However, it screwed up the other tiles and I had to start a new rom :(. Anyone know where I went wrong? Better still, a safer method of changing the tileset? Please help me! I'm dying!..

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Hey, can I have some help with my Emerald hack, PLEASE?! Can't anyone see me? Just say whether my question is unanswerable or not!

On A-Map, I wanted to replace the gyms to look like Battle Tents so I transferred the right tiles onto the Lilycove tileset and replaced the std. gym building tiles with the Block editor. However, it screwed up the other tiles and I had to start a new rom :(. Anyone know where I went wrong? Better still, a safer method of changing the tileset? Please help me! I'm dying!..

Hang on, talk me step by step what you did, as in Every Little Step.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
A-Map

Hang on, talk me step by step what you did, as in Every Little Step.

Thank you! What I did was load up the map of Slateport city on Emerald. I opened the Block Editor tool and saved the tileset (because it had the Battle Tent tiles). Then I opened up Lilycove and changed the gym building tiles to look like the said Tent tiles. I saved it, and later when I came back on, Lilycove City was filled with glitched up tiles. Could someone suggest a remedy or safer method?

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
1.I can't run in the maps I made for Emerald (U) in A-map.

Why is this and how do I fix it?

2.How can I activate the safari game without a step limit(Emerald (U))?

Last edited:

School days again...
Years
1. How to change HM08 Dive into HM08 Rock Climb in Fire Red and Ruby?
2. How to change the order of the Pokedex by using Hex Editor in Fire Red and Ruby?

Last edited:

Vednix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
1. How to change HM08 Dive into HM08 Rock Climb in Fire Red and Ruby?
2. How to change the order of the Pokedex by using Hex Editor in Fire Red and Ruby?

Theres a program called Item Editor, which you can go down to HM08, and then change the attack box to the one you want. ypou can also change the decription and name fo the item too.

Changing the order of the pokedex. Again there is a program for that too. Named Sebbe's Pokedex Order Editor by PokeSpam Inc. This can change it easily.

School days again...
Years
Theres a program called Item Editor, which you can go down to HM08, and then change the attack box to the one you want. ypou can also change the decription and name fo the item too.

Changing the order of the pokedex. Again there is a program for that too. Named Sebbe's Pokedex Order Editor by PokeSpam Inc. This can change it easily.

I tried using Sebbe's, but it didn't worked.
Someone said that I can change the Pokedex order by using a Hex Editor but how?

School days again...
Years
Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I think those are offsets for Sebbe's Pokedex Oreder Editor. I think it didn't help.
What I need is tutorial on how to edit the order of the Pokedex by using a Hex Editor.

another question, how to insert animated icons that came from www.pokemonelite2000.com?

Umm, read the post by silver, who was hinting at Sebbe on how to edit National Dex. It is the Hex Offsets, and if read carefully, I reckon something can be done witha Hex Editor. Read it carefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back