• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#Toonami

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I didn't see any Toonami threads, so I thought I'd make one!

=====

Line-up (starting February 16, 2013):

Bleach
Naruto
Soul Eater
ThunderCats 2011
Sym-Bionic Titan
Eureka 7
Tenchi Muyo! GXP
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop (x2)
InuYasha (x2)

So, who's watching?

Last edited:

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I might, only FMA: B and Sym-Bionic Titan. But I hate it when they do reruns. Just get some other show that's recent from 2009+ or something that already aired.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I might, only FMA: B and Sym-Bionic Titan. But I hate it when they do reruns. Just get some other show that's recent from 2009+ or something that already aired.

Money is an issue. AS and CN are not the same company, They have separate funds and anime is pretty high

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Yeah I'm watching. Just two things though.

Naruto and Samurai 7.

Why is Bleach on hiatus though?

I'm sensing ANIME HATE from Adult Swim AGAIN.

Also... they need to remove ThunderCats and Titan. They don't belong and were canceled for a reason.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Money is an issue. AS and CN are not the same company, They have separate funds and anime is pretty high

I'm not sure how accurate this is, AS and CN are the same in a way, but they are treated as 2 separate networks. But I do know that the Toonami staff is employeed by CN. It's kinda complicated.

Yeah I'm watching. Just two things though.

Naruto and Samurai 7.

Why is Bleach on hiatus though?

I'm sensing ANIME HATE from Adult Swim AGAIN.

Also... they need to remove ThunderCats and Titan. They don't belong and were canceled for a reason.

Bleach is on hiatus because they are caught up on dubbed episodes and need time for new ones to be finished. New Bleach returns in 7 weeks.

Adult Swim doesn't hate anime. You should go look through some of the pictures the staff has posted on toonami.tumblr.com of their office. Plenty of anime merch. And it may be worth noting that the staff that is currently working on Toonami is the old Toonami staff, not the group that worked on Adult Swim Action for the last few years.

ThunderCats and Sym-Bionic Titan DO belong since they are action cartoons with good stories. (Toonami is not an anime block) And they were cancelled because of toy sales, not poor ratings. ThunderCats toys didn't do well, and Titan apparenlty couldn't get a toy deal, so they moved on to shows that could, like Adventure Time. Ratings for these shows were said to be pretty good, but the younger demographic that CN hoped would run out and get the toys didn't all accept these shows (No wonder. Titan is very dark for something that isn't anime, and ThunderCats isn't "fun" I guess...) But the demos that AS goes after did take to these shows when they originally aired, which is why they were brought to Toonami.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Well those shows suck.

Take them off anyway.

What about those shows sucks? They're doing better than most the anime on the block and are actually quite popular with the fans. (except for the anime fanatics that think Toonami is strictly for anime)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Thundercats was also animated in Japan, so you can make the argument that it's half an anime. It's pretty as heck though, it's a shame the show was cancelled after a single season with a really weird airing schedule. It's almost as if CN in general is trying to kill off its action cartoons, Thundercats in particular has some genuinely poignant episodes.

Last edited:
Years
I've been watching since it debuted, but I've only been watching stuff I haven't seen before, and I've been avoiding Thundercats since I never saw the original and I would like to see that first. I've also cut out Sym-bionic Titan because I don't want to watch TV for 4 straight hours. So my viewing schedule is currently as follows:

Skip Bleach.
Watch Naruto
Skip Thundercats
Watch Samurai 7
Skip Sym-Bionic Titan
Watch Eureka 7
Watch Tenchi Muyo GXP
Skip rest of programming as I've already seen all the series and go to bed.

I have a feeling Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats will have staying power, so if I miss them on the first run it's not that big of a deal.

Years
For me, it's-

Bleach- skip
Naruto- skip
Thundercats- watch (as much as I don't want to)
Samurai 7- watch
Sym-Bionic Titan- watch
Eureka Seven- watch
Tenchi Muyo GXP- skip
FMA Brotherhood- watch

I go to bed after FMA:B, although now that they have Tenchi coming on before it, it's possible that I wont bother with it anymore since I've seen it already. And as much as I love FMA, I absolutely cannot stand Tenchi. It got old after the first five minutes of nothing but "LET'S INFLICT PAIN UPON THE PROTAGONIST EVERY OTHER SECOND ISN'T IT FUNNY AHAHA OH AND HERE'S SOME FANSERVICE TOO LAWL".

Thundercats...it really, REALLY wants to be good, but it's not. All of the characters except for Panthro are annoying, the voice acting is terrible and shows absolutely no emotion in the characters, and it has a nasty tendency of forgetting about the plot for several episodes and then suddenly bringing it back up after a long period of time, by which time people will have completely forgotten about it (and that's assuming people care to try to remember it in the first place). And then there's the mechs and guns that really don't belong in the show in the first place...but then that part is probably just me being so attached to the original series.

As for the funding thing, yeah, it's an issue. Not as much as it was back when it started back in May, but it's still pretty limited. The people who work on Toonami apparently don't even get paid to work on it, except for Steve Blum (voice of TOM).

Last edited:
Years
Toonami is great! I wasn't able to watch much anime shows till I noticed Adult Swim was playing Bleach ^^ But they are Hilarious :D
Durarara was really good when it was on. Did anyone see Deadman Wonderland when the first season came on? Little bit gnarly but they story is good, I want to see what happens to Ganta and Shiro. Wonder if they will be showing the second season...?

ohh and forgot to say I watch them all ^^

Years
Given that it's been almost 2 years since Deadman Wonderland's anime originally aired in Japan, I'd say it's safe bet that it won't be getting a second season, since the only other anime product from the Deadman Wonderland series was an OVA included with Volume 11 in Japan.

What I'd recommend doing is finding the manga somewhere and reading that, since that's the source material for the Deadman Wonderland anime. The manga also happens to still be publishing in Japan.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
That manga is apparently still publishing although there hasn't been a new chapter in 11 months. Would not be surprised if it ends before reaching a real conclusion.

Years
I hope that they don't completely stop the manga, and are just in hiatus or whatever, because I really want to know what is going to happen!!
I will have to go on a manga hunt to find Deadman Wonderland, so at least I will get a little more of the story :D haha

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
I'm addicted to:

Bleach
Eureaka 7
Tenchi GXP (I also loved the original Tenchi Muyo!)

I love Naruto but these are all the episodes from the first season. I've already seen them and if I want to watch them again I'll get out the box sets.

I am so mad that they sold Naruto Shippuden to Disney!!!!!!! *puffy face* I don't get Disney XD so I don't get to watch them T.T I have to wait for the box sets to come out or watch them online.

I've seen all of the FMA: Brotherhood and the original FMA so I skip them.

Samurai 7 I watch but I have the series so it's like "eh if I miss it I'll catch it later."

Thundercats is ok. I watch it when I am bored. Same with SB Titan.

I then go to bed lol I don't stay up for the others. The only other one I'd stay up to watch would be Inuyasha but, again, I have the series so I can watch them whenever.

I do miss Durarara. It was awesome!

Deadman Wonderland was ok. I watched it and it made me curious as to what would happen next but I ended up missing a lot of episodes due to work T.T

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
The replacement for Samurai 7 has been revealed / leaked and has been confirmed by toonami.tumblr.com!

soul-eart.png

Soul Eater is coming to Toonami starting February 16th!​

Back