• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Happy and at peace. :)
Years
to Zerole:
The most important thing in emulation is the emulator itself. Roms are easy enough to burn if you will, but the emulator is the real mainstay.

the emulators quality depends on how much is known about the system, how much time and effort is put into, how much skill the programmers have and whatever they program it in.

The reason ds emulators are slow and buggy is because Nintendo runs a propuetary system and because its fairly difficult to program.

Years
I am using DeSmuME as my emulator. I had none of the speed issues that others have mentioned, it was going fantastic at first. Instead I am starting to have graphics issues. My sprite, other people, items and my pokemon will suddenly pixelate into blobs at random points in the game-- its gradually getting worse, I can't figure out how to get it back to normal. In the middle of gameplay of Soul Silver the screen has just gone black. I can still hear the audio and use the keys, but instead of any of the background imagery its just a black screen...

What should I try first to restore the picture? Help!
P.S if there is nothing I can do can you hook me up with a better emulator for download?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Links?

First of all I'm completely new so I don't know if this is allowed... currently looking for a link to Pokemon Sienna/Pokemon Vega downloads because when I try to look for them myself it blows up my computer with malware and ads. Any help?

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Jul 2, 2016
Does anybody know any good Gen 3 emulators? I never got my hands on a GBA, because of this, I never got to play the Kanto or Hoenn games. I was able to play the Sinnoh, Johto, and Unova, and don't care about buying X/Y and haven't bought ORAS yet because I heard Emerald is awesome and to buy that 1st. Anyone mind telling me an emulator for FR LG and Emerald?

Last edited by a moderator:

PankajBlitz

Taiyoh!
Years
Does anybody know any good Gen 3 emulators? I never got my hands on a GBA, because of this, I never got to play the Kanto or Hoenn games. I was able to play the Sinnoh, Johto, and Unova, and don't care about buying X/Y and haven't bought ORAS yet because I heard Emerald is awesome and to buy that 1st. Anyone mind telling me an emulator for FR LG and Emerald?

Try using VBA for PC

Or

Myboy for Android.

Games Run Smooth.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I have tried several different ways to patch this "Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.1).gba" firered file but it won't run on My Boy!. It runs on its own but when I patch it in app or using ROM patcher it won't run. Any suggestions?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
I have tried several different ways to patch this "Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.1).gba" firered file but it won't run on My Boy!. It runs on its own but when I patch it in app or using ROM patcher it won't run. Any suggestions?

The problem is you have version 1.1 but most hacks and patches use version 1.0.
You can tell the difference between the two by checking if a Green PRESENTS appears with the GAMFREAK logo.
Unfortunately, you'll have to get a new ROM.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
i have been trying to start importing to firered w/ unlz-gba. it always says error:image not indexed. ive multiple things from different threads but none have worked. i use irfanview to set the png images to decrease the color depths but it dosent change the errors. any help?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 19, 2016
OK I feel that there is a much easier way to go about this but here goes...

I am trying to make a rom hack with the emerald base because I saw a patch for 650 pokemon. But I want it to have the look of Fire Red. Not a problem I downloaded pokemon glazed which fit the criteria. I applied the patch. ever since... I cannot add a new map no matter what because I get this error that says

ERROR: (EAccessViolation) Access Violation

I am using advance map1.95.
I went and downloaded 1.92 and would not even load the patched rom.

I have no idea what is going on. I tried inserting a map on a different rom ( a clean emerald) and it worked fine. I do not know if it is because of the emerald 650 patch or if it is something on the rom itself. Note I have not done anything to it. ( glazed is the base and has 650 emerald patch) Is there an alternate rom I could use that has the 650 pokemon on it that looks like fr/lg ? I am stumped and after looking over the thread I cannot find my answer. And cannot find the fix to the error code I receive. ( never made a rom before working on my first.)

Last edited:

Hackface

Hacking FireRed to make it look and feel like LeafGreen?

I tried posting this on another site but didn't get a definitive answer, so I figured I'd ask here.

Since LeafGreen patches (decapitalization, physical/special split, etc.) are extremely hard to come by, I've decided on going with FireRed for my Kanto playthrough. The only real differences between the 2 games are the version exclusives and that's where the problem lies; I prefer the exclusives of LG over FR's exclusives.

Does anyone know of a ROM patch where FireRed gets the version exclusives of LeafGreen(i.e. Bellsprout, Magmar, & Mantine)? Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone.

Last edited:
Years
I tried posting this on another site but didn't get a definitive answer, so I figured I'd ask here.

Since LeafGreen patches (decapitalization, physical/special split, etc.) are extremely hard to come by, I've decided on going with FireRed for my Kanto playthrough.

The only real differences between the 2 games are the version exclusives and that's where the problem lies; I prefer the exclusives of LG over FR's exclusives.

Does anyone know of a ROM patch where FireRed gets the version exclusives of LeafGreen(i.e. Bellsprout, Magmar, & Mantine)?

Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone.

No one need it because you can do it by yourself. You can use Advance Map to put any Pokemon in the wild...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 1, 2016
I'm Trying to patch the pokemon Glazed.ups file to my clean pokemon Emerald.gba using tsukiyomi and i keep getting the error "Input checksum is invalid".
Can anyone help?

Nevermind, I just figured it out. I wasn't using a clean rom i guess

Last edited:

Hackface

I finished the version exclusives and it wasn't as difficult as I expected (I attached the patch I made using Lunar IPS for those who want to use it)

One of the several things I noticed while using AdvancedMap is that Pokemon which aren't necessarily version exclusives can have different encounter rates between the 2 versions (i.e. Nidoran F is more common in LG and Nidoran M is more common in FR). I might try hacking the title screen to make it look like LG when I have the time.

Thanks 72485rahul!

Attachments

• Pokemon Fire Red 2 LeafGreen Version Exclusives.ips
    2.6 KB · Views: 3
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 25, 2018
Pokémon Fire Red: Hard Version

Hey guys, i´m new here! I´m here because i wanted to play Pokemon Fire Red: Hard Version but since the thread has been closed i cannot download the .rar file! Anyone could help me please, i really wanna play it...

I´ve tried to put the link here but i´m not allowed to... The thread is really old, 2011 i think! Could it be reopened or something like that?

If someone has the .rar file i really appreciated

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Hey guys, i´m new here! I´m here because i wanted to play Pokemon Fire Red: Hard Version but since the thread has been closed i cannot download the .rar file! Anyone could help me please, i really wanna play it...

I´ve tried to put the link here but i´m not allowed to... The thread is really old, 2011 i think! Could it be reopened or something like that?

If someone has the .rar file i really appreciated

It can't be reopened as the owner wanted it closed and I think there was an attack on Pokecommunity or something before and it messed up all the links in the threads so I don't know if there is any other way to get it BUT I played another game made by the same person who made Fire Red: Hard version and its kind of like the same (maybe better in some ways).

Here's the link:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296860

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 25, 2017
Problem with Visual Boy Advance Link. Says my Wireless Adapter is not connected.

I've been playing Fire Red for a while on Visual Boy Advance and after catching every possible Kanto Pokémon I want to do the events for Deoxys, Mew, Lugia and Ho-Oh. I've activated the Mystery Gift feature but every time I try to access from the main menu it says "Wireless Adapter is not connected", but I have the Wireless Adapter feature activated and I've traded with myself several times from LeafGreen to get the exclusives for both games.

I've already input the GameShark codes for the Aurora and Mystic tickets but I can't access them because every time I click on Mystery Gift, it says my adapter is not connected, and I'm doing exactly what I've seen in guides, so what's wrong? Configuration? As I said, I've traded before so I don't know what's going on. Is this even the place to post? I didn't post on other subs about Pokémon Roms because they seem inactive. Any help?

Years
Hey guys, I haven't played any hacks for a while and just tried to download a few. I'm fine with patching an IPS file, but the three games I used; Giratina Strikes Back, Rocket Strike and Korosu all aren't working properly.
They all just keep restarting the game at different points, one lets me choose a name and resets, one goes white after the Press Start screen and one resets at the New Game screen.

The old hacks I've got all work fine though and no one else in the threads were complaining about these issues, so I figure it's me. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Hey guys, I haven't really played Pokemon since Generation 2 and PGO has really made me want to play a more traditional Pokemon game. Before I go on a wild goose chase, I was just wondering if stable/working emulations even exist for these games (in order of my interest):

X/Y > HG/SS > B/W or B/W2 > DPPt

I heard that HG/SS in particular had some really brutal anti piracy software that caused a lot of issues, but this was fixed with a patch a couple years back (not sure if you'd still need to patch or if the current ROMs come with it). I'm just looking for a game that'll work reliably since I don't want to get a DS and Nintendo won't release it on another platform. I'm not interested in any sort of online play.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Hey can someone help me? I just downloaded Advance Text and Advance Trainer and neither open.

Back