• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
There is no Legally Free RMXP. To be legal, you must buy RMXP for $60

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
There is no Legally Free RMXP. To be legal, you must buy RMXP for $60

Now that we've solved that issue, let me add something else: Read the instructions that come with the project. They should tell you what you have to do when you create a new map. I was on Vista, which, until I figured out how to use the legal version of RMXP (it kind of requires jusmping through programming hoops), I was using PK's Edition of RMXP. This kit works fine with it, once you port it. (As in, once you copy it into a new project)

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
Well im using the 30 Day Evaluation and all is well !! This is an awsome Starter Kit !! It has everything !

Yes, it helps alot !!

(Thanks for tip GlitchFinder)
Later

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
What is up with the new map connections, I cant quite understand how this one works,

# Area 4 - Area 3

I know that Area 4 - Area 3 are the maps...
But wheres the South, 6. Or whatever

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
Years
Map Connections are a little tricky at first (I Didnt understand at first) but its really easy
The code should go somthing like this

# Area 1 - Area 2
1,N,0,2,S,0

The letters represent which side up map is connected Eg. North,South,East,West
The 0 represents how the map is lined up

hope that helps :>

Atomic Reactor

can anybody explain to me how to change your characters ow sprite?
1. where do i change it?
2. how? just replace "Red" with the name of another sprite? i just dont understand.
please help me, i would really appreciate it.

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
go to the metadata in the PBS folder and in the beginning line of:

PlayerA=PkMnTRAINER_Male,gold,Gold (Bike),trback1,Gold (Swimming),Gold (Running),Gold (Swimming)

#PlayerA, PlayerB, PlayerC, PlayerD: Information on the player characters in the game. This setting consists of a number of comma-separated fields, described below:
#Field 1: Trainer type. This is an internal name of the trainer type and has one of the values defined in trainernames.txt. The file Graphics/Characters/trainerXXX.png, where XXX is the ID of that trainer type, should match the defined trainer type.
#Field 2: Character sprite, as found in Graphics/Characters.
#Field 3: Character sprite when mounted on a bicycle.
#Field 4: Back of the Trainer, for use in battles. The size is 128x128 and the file must be located in Graphics/Pictures.
#Field 5: Surfing character sprite.
#Field 6: Running character sprite.
#Field 7: Diving character sprite.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
go to the metadata in the PBS folder and in the beginning line of:

PlayerA=PkMnTRAINER_Male,gold,Gold (Bike),trback1,Gold (Swimming),Gold (Running),Gold (Swimming)

#PlayerA, PlayerB, PlayerC, PlayerD: Information on the player characters in the game. This setting consists of a number of comma-separated fields, described below:
#Field 1: Trainer type. This is an internal name of the trainer type and has one of the values defined in trainernames.txt. The file Graphics/Characters/trainerXXX.png, where XXX is the ID of that trainer type, should match the defined trainer type.
#Field 2: Character sprite, as found in Graphics/Characters.
#Field 3: Character sprite when mounted on a bicycle.
#Field 4: Back of the Trainer, for use in battles. The size is 128x128 and the file must be located in Graphics/Pictures.
#Field 5: Surfing character sprite.
#Field 6: Running character sprite.
#Field 7: Diving character sprite.

Thanks for that, that answered another one of my questions :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
This question is for anybody who knows. How do I remove the Debug selection off the menu? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2008
This question is for anybody who knows. How do I remove the Debug selection off the menu? Help would be greatly appreciated.

When you run your game from the maker the debug-flag is automatically set.
Run the game normally so it won't appear.
I hope this helps...

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I understand that, thanks. But how do I remove the '$DEBUG global variable', or run the game normally?

Last edited:

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
Is anyone else having problems with the time based battles? If I put any entries into LandMorning/LandDay etc I get errors. I've tried a number of different things, including not having the Land class and putting the time based entries as sub sections of Land but no joy.

Any help is appreciated.

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
I looked in the notes that came with the Sk but there was no explaination but Poccil said that Day/Night encounters where in the new release. I have no clue how to do that, so your guess is as good as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back