• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ametrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
It looks awesome. But I noticed in the video that when the player gets to the edge of a map, he doesn't stay in the middle of the screen anymore. Is that intentional?

I believe that is a feature of Essentials that prevents the players from seeing the HORRIBLE BLACK EDGES, if maps aren't large enough.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I believe that is a feature of Essentials that prevents the players from seeing the HORRIBLE BLACK EDGES, if maps aren't large enough.

Actually, that is a default feature on RMXP that Poccil removed, but it looks like he added it back in the latest versions.

Dew, the game is looking really good, kepp doing that great work!

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
The look very very good.
The screen is bigger than normal rigth??
Good bye.
Yes it is. I like big screens. :D

Can you evolve Zolua into Zoloark? I call them that because that's probably going their Americanized names.
I didn't knew that. And no, it stays a Zo(r/l)ua. A Pokémon-Yellow-Pikachu-Effect.

It's true that the girl has an important role, but having a major npc be a chick is different from getting to actually play as a girl. idk, I mean, it's not difficult to make it so you can play as either a girl or a guy, so I guess I just don't really see why you'd make it so you could only play as a dude.

then again, it's your game, so I shouldn't tell you what to do with it XD it's looking great so far, I love the idea of a city inside a mountain.
Perhaps you're right. You know... expect a heroine soon!

So you finally posted this?
I won't comment on the story since graphics are such an important part in your games.
1. It looks really good, the light effects don't deter from the rest and the buildings really nice. One bad part is where the grass connects to the ledge, it looks unnatural. The grass should really over hang a little.
2. The trees and grass are really nice, perfect pallets on them. Is it snow on the trees btw? And little cute Buneary hopping about!
3. Everything looks fine in the cave, but the light from the entrance, it doesn't look right.
4. The trees in here don't look very good in this one, I know they're the HG/SS standard, but I don't really like them. The mountain tiles also need a new pallet imo.
5. ^
6. Nice sea tiles there, I don't suppose they're public ;)
7. There shouldn't really be grass right on the sea shore, since the sea would wash anything away before it could grow that much. The rest looks great, I really like the gym.
8. It doesn't really matter, but how are those shrubs supposed to grow on paving? The flowers are too flat, but I suppose it fits.
9. Those great trees again! The buildings good and so is the rest. However, like in the cave, the lighting isn't that good. It's too distracting.
10. Same place.
11. You've mixed the trees pretty well, but maybe the top row of five in a shouldn't be all the same? Blue grass looks cool. And Zorua!
12. The building at the top looks a little flat, but maybe that's only since you can't see the top. The rest is fine.

Over all it's all really good, probably the fifth best looking game here. I don't like it as much as August Emerald (4th best imo), the buildings don't seems as original or good, the lighting is also not as good. I also like the classic resolution more.
You like August Emerald better?! Dude.. that style is old. Well, people may have their own opinions, eh?

1. I agree with you about the ledge, that'll be fixed.
3. And about the entrance in the cave... I bet you mean the side one? Check HGSS on it. That's how it looks. ;)
4. Alot of people don't seem to like the trees HGSS uses... well... they fit this area pretty good, and remember, only the southern part of the region will use this tree kind!
6. Nope... they aren't. xD
7. Woops, tile bug! Thanks for noticing.
8. They didn't grow, they are planted. Plus, those aren't flowers, but berries.
9. Actually, that isn't lighting, that's just a screen color tone because of the fact it's a area where it snows.
11. I placed those trees completely randomly.. but perhaps you're right.
12. Yeah, it does look flat in the screen, but it's the missing roof which causes that.

It looks awesome. But I noticed in the video that when the player gets to the edge of a map, he doesn't stay in the middle of the screen anymore. Is that intentional?
I'm using Essentials' SnapEdges mode. I did this on purpose.. because I like it. xD

It wasn't specifically to prevent black edges, but it helps. :)

Actually, that is a default feature on RMXP that Poccil removed, but it looks like he added it back in the latest versions.

Dew, the game is looking really good, kepp doing that great work!
Yeah, that's what it is. And thanks man. :)

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
you don't know how jealous I am! The tiles look so cool, and i like the fogs.(i need to learn how to make those..)
awesome!!!

The Dewitty

Years
Dew im guessing a demo wont be released until the phantom Z movie is release yes?
There will be a demo when everything is finished. No need to wait for the movie.

you don't know how jealous I am! The tiles look so cool, and i like the fogs.(i need to learn how to make those..)
awesome!!!
Thanks. :)

UPDATE: Sprites of Neil and then new female hero Alicia revealed! Plus, a new YOUTUBE video from a few of the beginning events!

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
wow, maybe I'm a lil late, but everyone is a critic... I see the errors about some of the stuff reading the topic but the errors by some is to make theirselves feel better bout their piece of crap... If you release this during my release i'd be screwed... keep up the good work.. seen alot of people trying to critisise what they could never do...

Years
The first two screenies gave me sort of a chuckle 'LOMG' I interpreted it into LOLOMG/LOL OH MY GOD..Furthermore, it's very nice,the screenies look very promising and the tiles are amazing.I like the idea of changing storylines and focusing on the kidnapped Pokemon. Keep up the good work.
On a side note:
I'm just wondering about this sentence because shouldn't it be Mr.Cutter instead of mr.Cutter?
capture007.png

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Artistically, this game looks quite impressive, but you really need to cut down on your use of fogs. Adding fogs here and there for atmosphere is great, but using them in every single map is a little overkill.

For example, the cave in your signature has this strange, light-rays fog going on, looking as if we're playing the game through a sheet of glass. While this fog is present on some other screens as well, what on earth is it doing on a cave map?

Overall though, don't take my complaint too seriously; I still think this is a really high quality game. The name of the project (and to a further extent the acronym) is a bit silly, but overall I think this is an interesting spin on Pokémon.

The Dewitty

Years
wow, maybe I'm a lil late, but everyone is a critic... I see the errors about some of the stuff reading the topic but the errors by some is to make theirselves feel better bout their piece of crap... If you release this during my release i'd be screwed... keep up the good work.. seen alot of people trying to critisise what they could never do...
Aww.. thanks. I've played your demo, by the way. You could use some music (xD) and PLEASE.. get some new tiles. Sinnoh Kyle's are way overused.

The first two screenies gave me sort of a chuckle 'LOMG' I interpreted it into LOLOMG/LOL OH MY GOD..Furthermore, it's very nice,the screenies look very promising and the tiles are amazing.I like the idea of changing storylines and focusing on the kidnapped Pokemon. Keep up the good work.
On a side note:
I'm just wondering about this sentence because shouldn't it be Mr.Cutter instead of mr.Cutter?
capture007.png
Ahaha, that's what I had too.. so I think 'LotMG' would be better. And.. I actually don't know. Does it? I'm not native, y'know. :P

Artistically, this game looks quite impressive, but you really need to cut down on your use of fogs. Adding fogs here and there for atmosphere is great, but using them in every single map is a little overkill.

For example, the cave in your signature has this strange, light-rays fog going on, looking as if we're playing the game through a sheet of glass. While this fog is present on some other screens as well, what on earth is it doing on a cave map?

Overall though, don't take my complaint too seriously; I still think this is a really high quality game. The name of the project (and to a further extent the acronym) is a bit silly, but overall I think this is an interesting spin on Pokémon.
Actually, I don't use the fogs on every single map. Just on the snow maps and some light rays on the cave maps. The rest is fully fog-less. And about the name... I think it describes what the game is about, so you'll see when a demo comes. ;)

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I could tell you just how good this game is but you already know that don't you! :cer_giggle: Keep it up!

I will then focus on some improvements etc.

Will there be fakemon? It adds to how unique the game is, but it is up to you.

The region map looks like travel will be mostly ferry-based. There is a lack of Surfing routes.

Very well done!

~The Cynic~

Death Strike

a.k.a Minions123
Years
OMG OMG OMG
*calms myself down, then tries to punish myself for forgetting to notice this earlier*

I'm about to kill myself for not noticing it earlier, and I have to say awesome job, Dew. Never expected less from you, and everything looks great. I like the storyline a lot, it seems to have a reference to Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess (? Playing as Zorua to get out), but that just makes it better.

Hey, if you need any help, I mean anything, just go ahead and ask. :D

The Dewitty

Years
I could tell you just how good this game is but you already know that don't you! :cer_giggle: Keep it up!

I will then focus on some improvements etc.

Will there be fakemon? It adds to how unique the game is, but it is up to you.

The region map looks like travel will be mostly ferry-based. There is a lack of Surfing routes.

Very well done!

~The Cynic~

Thanks. :D And yup, that has several reasons. I HATE surfing routes... and I still wanted some variation in my game.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
And about the name... I think it describes what the game is about, so you'll see when a demo comes. ;)

Well, that's true, but there's a reason Nintendo didn't call Pokémon Crystal, "Pokémon: Hunt for the Powerful Suicune". The latter describes the game better, but its still totally lame. Now say if Pokémon Sapphire were called "Pokémon: Rise of Team Aqua"... this name isn't too bad,but you can see how "Sapphire" is a lot less literal (and a lot more catchy).

"Legend of the Moon Goddess" isn't too bad, but the clichéd feel of it - and of course the acronym "LOMG" - don't do it any favours. It gets worse when I got up to reading about the "Shadow Being"; its not really good practice to depersonalise a villain like that. At the moment, this "Being" sounds incredibly boring and uninspired.

Just my two cents.

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
Actually, GameFreak (The Pokemon Company) called Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Crystal. Mrcjewy you sure do make good comments. I'd rather have a game as a suprise than the title almost giving the whole name away.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
"Legend of the Moon Goddess" isn't too bad, but the clichéd feel of it - and of course the acronym "LOMG" - don't do it any favours. It gets worse when I got up to reading about the "Shadow Being"; its not really good practice to depersonalise a villain like that. At the moment, this "Being" sounds incredibly boring and uninspired.

Just my two cents.
Well actually the acronym "LOMG" is wrong in the first place. It should in fact be: LMG. This is because "of" has less than four letters, and words with that amount are taken out of acronyms. Like USA, instead of USOA.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Well actually the acronym "LOMG" is wrong in the first place. It should in fact be: LMG. This is because "of" has less than four letters, and words with that amount are taken out of acronyms. Like USA, instead of USOA.

lol good ole USOA, uncle daddy... lmao I think the name is fine
, its different from most pokemon titles

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
I like the title of course Ametrine is good too.Maybe I should change the name of my project....

The Dewitty

Years
As you might have noticed, the game's title is changed. Now we can call it Pokémon Ametrine.
The Ametrine is a gem which is yellow/purle colored and is said to cure headaches. It is a variation of the quartz.
The subtitle is still the same: Legend of the Moon Goddess. Also, you can meet Neil, Alicia and Selene now on the screenshot of the title screen.
Selene has a Cleffa, which has been with her since she was little. It isn't evolved because she doesn't fight with it. Selene wears a Lunar Wing on her headband. She claims it keeps her away from bad dreams.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
*Looks at The Showcase*
*Notices new game*
*Sees they used the same title screen background and region map as Dew's*
*Finally figures it out*
The new name is better in my opinion, sounds much better when you say it out loud. I was actually going to call my game this, but discounted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back