• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So far, no connections between the two have been made, so if you view them as one and the same, you can still do that.

The Triplets and the Shadow Triad are both from different origins and both use completely different Pokemon. Not to mention their attitude and personalities are vastly different.

The Shadow Triad uses two Bisharp each and an Absol, Acclegor, Bannet. They are deathly loyal to Ghetsis, and were Born in a far off region.

The triplets are said to be from Striaton City. I know Anime adaptation had them born there. They use Pure Grass, Fire, and Water teams for Cilan, Chili, and Crest.

If the Triplets were the Shadow Triad I don't think they would have appeared in their old Gym which was apparently running through out the game. And they'd probably behave more sinister.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Video of secret post game battle! *Spoilers*

Video of the season battle with N. He's pretty tough

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm glad to see that we can battle N again. His team seems pretty tough...also he appears to have a drizzletoad and Droughtails. Since his Pokémon are mostly Johto and Kanto could it be a sign he went to Kanto and Johto in the two years?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm glad to see that we can battle N again. His team seems pretty tough...also he appears to have a drizzletoad and Droughtails. Since his Pokémon are mostly Johto and Kanto could it be a sign he went to Kanto and Johto in the two years?
No it doesn't really mean he went to Kanto/Johto, Vulpix could pretty much be found in three or four regions, and Poliwag are native to Kanto, although there are other ways to get them.

He could have gone to a new region that we haven't heard of yet, like maybe one for the next generation. He probably caught all of those after you beat his Dragon too so you can't really say where he got them.

Years
I would've given N a Tyranitar rather than Hippodon but all well, it's not a bad Pokémon either.

Also N must be a great trainer to be able to get his Pokémon to lv 75 if he did get them barely after the Dragon event...than again he did defeat Alder.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
Looks like you can battle Cheren and Bianca again with their old teams from BW, depending on what starter you chose in it. You need to use Memory Link though and its a one-time thing.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Okay, the games have been out in Japan for over a week now, and I haven't heard anything regarding Hilbert's/Hilda's role in the games, so I'm gonna assume they don't make an appearance at all.

Kind of disappointed to be honest. Even a small cameo would have been satisfactory since we'd at least know their whereabouts and what happened to them after the B/W story, especially considering Cheren and Bianca return and play major roles in the storyline.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
^ According to Serebii, Hilbert/Hilda can be seen in Joint Avenue if you have a lot of shops. Which fails for me 'cos no one i know around me is interested in Pokemon... (except for my brother but he's like 7 so he doesn't count LOL)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
So far, no connections between the two have been made, so if you view them as one and the same, you can still do that.
I'm afraid it has been confirmed:

Spoiler:

(Credit goes to Serebii on serebiiforums)

And yeah, Hilbert/Hilda making an appearance at Join Avenue is good enough for me. As long as the haven't just disappeared altogether I'm fine with that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
the Problem with adding Hilda and Hilbert is they may not be the protag you played. Even if they are, you'd have to memory link to get your version of them into the games. Which doesn't seem like they made that possible.

Years
Well it's good to know the triplets aren't one and the same with the triad.
Hilda and Hilbert decided...wonder how'll it'll be determined which one appears, perhaps some Memory link thing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I don't really want Hilda/bert coming back, actually. Sure, it'd be kind of cute for them to make a cameo in a flashback, but other than that, what real purpose do they have there other than to serve as fanfiction fodder?

I do like that you get to battle Bianca, though. I love that Cedric Juniper is back, too. Also, I love that Professor Juniper's Pokemon evolved and can be seen in her lab. xD

Years
I like it how Bianca returns to her roots and challenges you.

Speaking of Hilda and Hilbert what do you think their mother feels? She's proably worried like Red's mom was...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I like it how Bianca returns to her roots and challenges you.

Speaking of Hilda and Hilbert what do you think their mother feels? She's proably worried like Red's mom was...

I love that ou get to battle Bianca with her previous team!

As far as the mom goes, I'm happy that you have a decently important interaction with her! She's actually been shown to notice the protag and ask some questions to which you reply yes or no to. I'm wondering if it does have anything to do with Hilda or Hilbert. Something tells me she's a lot more calm about the situation of them not being home, though.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
I'm afraid it has been confirmed:

Spoiler:

(Credit goes to Serebii on serebiiforums)

And yeah, Hilbert/Hilda making an appearance at Join Avenue is good enough for me. As long as the haven't just disappeared altogether I'm fine with that.

that or as it is told by Cilian ( I thinlk?) he can be lying to you.

Years
I like it that Proffesor Juniper plays a role in the lake trio event. She always seemed like a profesor that doesn't just stay stuck in a lab (unlike Elm...).

Also Bianca returning and showing her skills as an apprentice/intern professor.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Im glad that professor juniper does more thongs on the field. I hate the professors who sit in thier lab all day(im looking ay you, Elm) and im sick and tired of seeing professor oak's wrinkled face
Its nice to have a young FEMALE professor running around

Back